PvP in 5.3

90 Gnome Warlock
How are we looking? I have seen the changes, but I am still holding out hoping that we may recieve some more.

Do you think warlocks will be good in arenas/rbgs next patch?

Thanks for answering
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
They're apparently fine now, except for affliction.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
APD

Demo is almost as bad as Affliction and Destruction just doesnt belong in arenas with its long cast times.

In other words no, we arent fine in arena.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Affliction: bad in both
Demo: bad in both
Destruction: good in battlegrounds, bad in arena

overall: warlocks are one of the worst arena classes, but pretty good damage dealers in rated battlegrounds (as destruction spec, due mostly to shadowburn and I guess fear)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Great name!

Anyways, has anyone had success with them on the ptr? I have not got a chance to try them
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Gateway killable in seconds = never being able to use it. Basically it can be killed faster than you can cast it. 10% buff to aff vs 25% corr nerf at the start of the season...hmm, think we are even back to even yet? Nope! Haunt dispels aren't going to fix the problems aff has.

The changes to the arena maps with more melee ramps combined with functionally no gateway = you just get trained all the time and have no outs. Since you can get killed through your CD's by a cleave you are pretty much a free kill while being easier than ever to stick to.

Destro's chaosbolt hits for 60-80K without cooldowns yet you get spammed with 70-90K+ icelances...fire can chain instant autocrit pyros and we can um....not. Its just not going to be an expansion where arena pvp is going to be anything but awful. Devs buffed the snot out of rogues when they were still doing better than aff is live. Locks (aff) get 1/10th or less the buffs for even weaker performance/representation. Macro changes elsewhere are just going to work against us so no "inverse buff" from nerfing our counters.

The "using HP to cast spells" thing still hurts us in PVP. Its a severely outdated system that we keep eroding the positive aspects that made it originally work while keeping all the downsides. Destro gets around this and is oddly our best performer at present yet still vastly inferior to other classes.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I think this is a l2p issue for you. Destro is great in arena. Demo is superior to Affliction in a lot of ways. I can chain CC 2 targets at once in a 3s and still pump out the highest damage in a match. If you would learn to play the class I think your opinion would change.

04/23/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Ímbad

Demo is almost as bad as Affliction and Destruction just doesnt belong in arenas with its long cast times.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think this is a l2p issue for you. Destro is great in arena. Demo is superior to Affliction in a lot of ways. I can chain CC 2 targets at once in a 3s and still pump out the highest damage in a match. If you would learn to play the class I think your opinion would change.

And the ratings bashings commence in.................
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Fine, I'll say it...

LOLZ low rating sez L2p!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
personally i don't know why people bash on affliction, I do 3v3 arena on my lock as affliction with an unholy dk and priest. We did really well until my friend got drunk and accidentally disbanded the team....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
personally i don't know why people bash on affliction, I do 3v3 arena on my lock as affliction with an unholy dk and priest. We did really well until my friend got drunk and accidentally disbanded the team....

That's because everyone thinks that you HAVE to be Destro to be viable.
DoT cleaves, especially with dispel protection, are absolutely nasty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The only thing affliction brings to DoT cleaves is utility, the other class does the rest of the work, affliction right now does garbage damage, its more like complementary damage, like a healer dpsing in arenas, it won't stand by itself.

Demonology is on and off switch, you have to be in demon form to actually do damage, otherwise, you can't provide pressure whatsoever with your normal form.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/24/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Kaely

I hate to be the one to bring in rating to this it, but destro, demo, and affliction may be alright at the lower ratings, but really once you get to the higher ratings (which by your achievements and current pvp tab, you haven't), you will start to realize that we are definitely inferior in many ways to other classes in higher rated arena play.

Mind you, next patch with the arena map changes and gateway change, arena play as a lock will become more difficult against melee.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hi kaely.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Mind you, next patch with the arena map changes and gateway change, arena play as a lock will become more difficult against melee.

Which is really the last thing we need. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I see everyone talking about how bad warlocks will be in arenas higher up... is it really going to be that bad?

Or is everyone being a little bit to overly dramatic?

I am not sure because I sadly have never gotten to higher arenas on any character... but I do love my warlock & im somewhat decent with it...

But I have a few friends that play warlocks that have said it will be a bit harder without the gateway.. & easier for melee to get to you but that was basically it

So I ask.. is it really going to be that bad?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]