Addons for healing.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted this to the Pally forums but figured I'd post it here as well.

This is my first healing toon and I'm trying to go all out with it. I've been using healbot but honestly thats a fuggin snore. I just installed ElvUI like Icy-Veins said to along with grids etc etc etc.

I was going to see what the most optimal addon set up would be to use.

Should I just use hotkeys and click on peoples names as they get low or should I use a healbot addon and just continue with that borefest?

I just got done setting up ElvUI I think but if there's anything else I should have let me know!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It depends on how you want to heal. Do you want to hotkey and target? Hotkey mouseover macros? Click-to-heal? I personally click to heal. So I use Clique and grid. Not sure if a lot of people are still using Decursive (I personally don't), but check that out for helping with dispels.

Honestly, there aren't a whole lot of "required" addons, just a good raid frames addon that you can set-up to show you the info you need (Dispellable debuffs, clustering, incoming heals, etc) such as Vuhdo or Grid.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Honestly, there aren't a whole lot of "required" addons, just a good raid frames addon that you can set-up to show you the info you need (Dispellable debuffs, clustering, incoming heals, etc) such as Vuhdo or Grid.

If you know how to use Healbot properly it shows ALL of what you just stated. Just have to work at it.

I don't play pally so I can't speak for what addons may or may not work best with that. But for Resto druid and pure click casting/dispells and tracking other healers spells/hots, Healbot works great. I don't need any other addon but DBM.
Reply Quote

If you know how to use Healbot properly it shows ALL of what you just stated. Just have to work at it.

I don't play pally so I can't speak for what addons may or may not work best with that. But for Resto druid and pure click casting/dispells and tracking other healers spells/hots, Healbot works great. I don't need any other addon but DBM.

I used Healbot for a longgggggg time.. WotLK / Cata on my Pally and the beginning of MoP on this guy. It's a nice addon and I still prefer the fluid bars of it to the fluid bars addon I downloaded for Grid, but grid is 1000x better at displaying buffs and debuffs.

Healbot seemed only capable of displaying one buff or debuff at a time, i.e. it would display renewing mist OR the magic debuff that was on a person at the time. Naturally I like to be able to track who has my renewing mist at all times, which grid let me do while also being able to track all types of debuffs at the same time.

While Healbot is a good addon (and has a clique-like function built in), Grid is much, much more configurable.

Oh yeah, and download clique too (if you want to click raid frames to heal).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]