Was there a safe place during the catacalysm?

100 Human Rogue
Hi there.

I curious if anyone knows enough about lore or remembers the game and knows if there were places in the Eastern Kingdoms that were not affected by the cataclysm. Like a safe place that you were lucky to be at.

Any areas close to wetlands (east esp.) that anyone knows of would be greatly appreciated. Possibly a town or village.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Arathi Highlands seemed completely untouched.
Edited by Teidenkeru on 4/22/2013 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warrior
Hmm, there were quite a few places that seemed untouched. Can't say for sure Lore-wise though.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
I think Ironforge was fine, wasn't it?
Reply Quote
It's been suggested that the Cataclysm had come close to shattering the whole world, and therefore it might also be suggested that at least tremors may well have been felt everywhere. However, and someone may correct me (as I have been through most, but not over every square meter of each), but none of the following regions have seen significant geological or structural damage, despite the other developments that may have changed some.

Teldrassil, Felwood, Moonglade, Winterspring, Azshahara, Stonetalon Mountains, Mulgore, Dustwalllow Marsh, Desolace, Un’Goro Crater, Silithus

Eversong Woods, Ghostlands, East & West Plaguelands, Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest, Hillsbrad Foothills, The Hinterlands, Arathi Highlands, Dun Morogh, The Burning Steps, The Searing Gorge, Elwynn Forest (excluding Stormwind City), Redridge Mountains, Duskwood, Swamp of Sorrows, The Blasted Lands.

You might count Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles, and Northrend.

Or it’s easier to list what has been affected:

Loch Modan, Wetlands, The Badlands, Stormwind City, Westfall, Stranglethorn Vale, Darkshore, Ashenvale, Durotar, The Barrens, Feralis, Thousand Needles, Tanaris.
Edited by Brandbombe on 4/23/2013 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
none of the following regions have seen significant geological or structural damage, despite the other developments that may have changed some.

Stonetalon should perhaps be counted as an affected zone, because of the volcanic eruption in the Charred Vale. Granted, it was already burnt and bare during vanilla, but in-story there was regrowth through quests given by a druid that can be seen in the un-burnt portion of the valley now.

Otherwise, that's a very thorough list I have no disagreement with.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Teldrassil

Roots were shattered and a few were ripped up.

04/23/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Brandbombe
Elwynn Forest

Mountains crumbled in Northshire and allowed the Blackrock Orcs into Northshire.

Everything else looks fine, though.
Reply Quote
I stand reminded, and corrected!

Edit: And the coast of Desolace got a bit stirred up. I guess near the sea is not where you'd be if you could help it.
Edited by Brandbombe on 4/27/2013 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]