5.3 Glyph of the Battle Healer nerf

15 Worgen Druid
From 30% to 20%.

Any other Rets super sad about this? I'm pretty sure it's being nerfed because of Prot PvE, but this glyph was really fun to use as Ret in random BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Definitely nerfed because of PvE tanking. It's a very reasonable change in that context.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can 24 rets and a prot paladin still clear raids like this? I saw some chatter about this back around the start of MoP...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't forget they are also buffing how much of a benefit our heals get from PvP power. They are also (maybe) increasing Sword of Light from 15% to 30%.

Those two things will factor in larger heals from damage - more than enough to make up for it I hope.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah one minute might be low but I just like the idea of certain abilities can be used to counter others.
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
04/23/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Kaskarum
Don't forget they are also buffing how much of a benefit our heals get from PvP power.

They are? To what?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hybrids are going to 75%, healer specs are going to 100% and pure dps are going to 40%, but fatigue is going up another 15%, which will result in a minor net loss of healing for everyone.

The sword of light change might make the battle healer nerf basically neutral for ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not a big deal, it's just a scaling nerf.

30% made sense with our previous damage output levels, dropping it by 10% is just to keep in line with the item upgrades we've been getting from Throne of Thunder as well as what we can potentially be getting from the next raid.

It doesn't make the glyph bad, just prevents it from potentially becoming overpowered as we gear up.
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
The sword of light change might make the battle healer nerf basically neutral for ret.

Sword of light buff is about 13%, battle healer nerf is 33%. It's a net 25% nerf for Battle Healer (a little bit more counting the overall nerf to healing). Not quite as bad, but still pretty significant. It's not like it was putting out huge numbers in PvP to start with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
With the change in 5.2 that made it so things that healed based off damage done, the heal was based on the pre-resil damage, it's actually pretty good healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I hope.

I love this glyph. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This may make ret-healing dungeons a little harder (although with no new dungeons and ever-escalating gear, maybe not so much), although Battle Insight actually tends to be only about a quarter of my healing done unless it's an unusually smooth group, so it should be quite possible to pick up the slack by using active heals more.
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
With the change in 5.2 that made it so things that healed based off damage done, the heal was based on the pre-resil damage, it's actually pretty good healing.

Source? I don't see anything in the 5.2 patch notes about this.

[EDIT] Found it here: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/15/patch-5-2-pvp-healing-changes/

Doesn't appear to be in the patch notes, but if that made it to live, that's a MASSIVE buff to the glyph in PvP that I didn't even notice. Gonna test this tonight.
Edited by Stockbroker on 4/25/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
This may make ret-healing dungeons a little harder (although with no new dungeons and ever-escalating gear, maybe not so much), although Battle Insight actually tends to be only about a quarter of my healing done unless it's an unusually smooth group, so it should be quite possible to pick up the slack by using active heals more.

If Battle Insight is only a quarter of your healing, then this nerf is only a net ~6% loss to your overall dungeon healing.
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
It's not a big deal, it's just a scaling nerf.

30% made sense with our previous damage output levels, dropping it by 10% is just to keep in line with the item upgrades we've been getting from Throne of Thunder as well as what we can potentially be getting from the next raid.

It doesn't make the glyph bad, just prevents it from potentially becoming overpowered as we gear up.

I'm not so sure about that. As you gear up, you move to harder content with higher incoming damage. (Not that it really matters, Rets aren't using this glyph in high level PvE anyways.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A third of a quarter is more like 8%, but yeah, that was my point. Just means the threshold where I have to start trying to heal will be a little lower.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The only way I might use this is if I was trying to heal a dungeon, or possibly while running triple dps in arenas. I don't really think this glyph gets much use though. I've only tried it out a few times. I doubt it warranted a nerf though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I doubt it warranted a nerf though.

It was nerfed because of Prot, where it very much warranted it.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 4/25/2013 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
A third of a quarter is more like 8%, but yeah, that was my point. Just means the threshold where I have to start trying to heal will be a little lower.

It's not a third of a quarter, it's a quarter of a quarter (because our melee damage is getting buffed by 13%).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, ~6% is right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]