Hating your co-healers

4 Gnome Warlock
I really truly hate my current co-healers :(

I have always been a healer. I feel I am great at it. I research my class, I also always put alot of time into researching fights from a healers perspective. I love healing.

In cata my co-healer was amazing. We two healed pretty much everything. We had great chemistry and were just in sync. We just worked so well together, we knew what the other was capable of and knew what the other would.

Well the start of MoP things were crazy & long story short a new team was born with a different raid lead. I was able to bring in my friend co-healer from cata yay. And we got another healer as well who was going to be our dps/heals.

I hate this third with a passion. First he decided he didn't like to dps & almost left the team but the raid leader convinced him not to. His dps was not good. So now we have ended up 3 healing fights that really should be 2 healed all because I don't think the raid leader wants to push him (to be fair I don't dps, my friend would have but I preferred to heal with him & he had no dps gear at that time since we had planned on him being pure heals)

This third healer has great numbers, I will give him that. But he is the type of healer who can spam buttons without putting any thought into it. In times when things r going wrong and u need to pull out something special to save the day he will always fail.

He also has fairly bad raid awareness and has died quite often to standing in bad stuff.
He also seems slow as u can give our the fight strat and then he asks- oh what am I supposed to do then?

When we were struggling on horridon I discovered he wasn't dispelling diseases. Asking why he kept arguing with me he was, though I could see he wasnt lol. Turns out he was just spamming mass dispell on cooldown the entire fight....even though it does not remove disease and magic is only on the first door. He showed me that he did not research the fight & perhaps doesn't even know his class that well.

He also expects me to hold his hand and give him very specific healing assignments. I prefer a very fluid approach, few fights need detailed healing assignments in 10 man besides a rotation of cooldowns. I shouldn't have to tell u every heal u need to cast on who. And I won't lie it annoys me when people want me to. And then when I do give him assignments he seems to ignore them or argue with me about it lol

I could prob sit here all night listing the stupid things he has done. The dude annoys the hell out of me but if he was a good healer I could prob get over that. But I don't find him to be a great healer. I don't trust him to handle his part. I think u need to be able to trust your co-healer to handle what he is doing so u can focus on what u need to do.

On top of that mess. My friend has to leave the raid now for RL issues. So we were looking to get a new healer. The raid leader gave me a list of ppl, none that I knew well or have run with but I gave my opinion on what would be best for the raid IMO and from what I heard of them.

Instead the RL seems to be choosing this other guy who I greatly disagree with. First since our other healer doesn't want to dps this guy should, but he is a monk & not only will he not be able to use some of his same gear he will also be sharing the loot table with 2 other leather agility & the hunter for misc stuff. How is he going to gear up his dps set? Making me think we r just going to end up 3 healing everything...

I haven't run with the guy and hear good things about his healing but I already have a bad impression of him. He ran lfr with the guild and afked through the entire thing.... which shows me he really doesn't have respect for the guild or his team & may be flaky. Then after he has been offered the spot pretty much he runs lfr this week as a tank instead of heals to gear up his healing set?? What?

I voiced my concerns and everyone had excuses I guess. I do hope the guy is good but I am very worried that he won't be....

----
Now yes obviously if I hate the team I should just drop it.... but I dont hate the team as a whole just those I heal with lol plus I feel I can't really & half my old team is on this one and I love getting to raid with them.

Yes I have talked to the raid leader like a million times about it and other people too. I feel like they just ignore me or tell me I am being elitist. My alt is on this team, not my main. My main runs with the guilds core raid team. I don't think I am being elitist to just expect people to know their class, not stand in stuff and do well.

Perhaps I do sound like a ..... but really I just want to heal with people I don't hate, people I can whisper during boring trash and rant about ppl standing in stuff with lol.

I guess mostly this is just a very very long rant...
TLDR: I obviously hate the people I co-heal with on my raid team & think they fail
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1305/spiritshelltroll.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
((hugs))

Is there a reason you can't look for a new group?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
If you aren't having fun, my advice is to leave. It's what I would do anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If you aren't having fun, my advice is to leave. It's what I would do anyway.

^^ This wolfthing knows where it's at.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Kerias, why are you posting behind an alt?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
The worse thing is when your co-healer becomes your tank. It's terrible.

But for serious, give the new guy a chance and if it starts (or continues, I guess) going south you look for another group. Seriously. Dead end raiding will only breed contempt, make you dislike the rest of your team, and eventually you'll just quit despite the fact that you may or may not want to.

Liking the people you raid with is a top priority for a lot of people.

Edit: Shut up, Tsilyi.
Edited by Kerias on 4/24/2013 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

What?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

It's you, isn't it? The one that stands in the poo... I knew it.

I thought you were better than that. You need to take care of yourself. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
OP, as you can see from the other posters, my healing team is a pretty terrible group of people as well.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
04/24/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Kerias
The worse thing is when your co-healer becomes your tank. It's terrible.

Yeah, I know. Having to heal the person and knowing full well that he used to have a macro to remove your Spirit Shells. And probably still does.

(definitely still does)

Got to be terrifying.
Reply Quote
4 Gnome Warlock
(hugs))

Well my husband is on the team & a RL friend plus 2 other friends that I have raided with since vanilla/bc.

There was some resentment (perhaps?) with me taking my main & raiding on our core team without them. They all wanted me to raid with them. Between raiding on my other team and everyone's rl stuff & this teams raids it is pretty much the only time we can do stuff together in game. And I pretty much would never hear the end of it if I left. They would feel I was just being elitist and abandoning them for something better.

(because the same thing happened before when I took my main to another guild to raid with more progression in the past lol)

lol which is not a good reason, I know. And Im not trying to make them look bad, I think I would prob be sad if it was reversed and they left, when I was having fun. They are not healers though and don't seem to see what I see.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
(hugs))

Well my husband is on the team & a RL friend plus 2 other friends that I have raided with since vanilla/bc.

There was some resentment (perhaps?) with me taking my main & raiding on our core team without them. They all wanted me to raid with them. Between raiding on my other team and everyone's rl stuff & this teams raids it is pretty much the only time we can do stuff together in game. And I pretty much would never hear the end of it if I left. They would feel I was just being elitist and abandoning them for something better.

(because the same thing happened before when I took my main to another guild to raid with more progression in the past lol)

lol which is not a good reason, I know. And Im not trying to make them look bad, I think I would prob be sad if it was reversed and they left, when I was having fun. They are not healers though and don't seem to see what I see.

I'm in the same exact position as you, and I only run one geared character at this time. So that leaves me one toon to work with.

This guild is my boyfriend's, and he lives with me. I can't exactly just "poof", even if I'd like to. I do have some good friends here. It's tough because they're working on t14, and I'm working (personally) on t15.

I hope you find a suitable resolution.

But at the end of the day, if you're not having fun, it's not the right thing to be doing. This game is for playing, not for stressing.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Well, this is very dependent on a lot of factors, but it is possible that the whole group of you can move. Granted, finding space for 5 people is much tougher than 1, but is possible (especially if some of them are not interested in raiding).

But yes, it's a hairy situation when you have deep connections with a guild and things get all tangled. I'd be unsure of what to do in that situation as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, this is very dependent on a lot of factors, but it is possible that the whole group of you can move. Granted, finding space for 5 people is much tougher than 1, but is possible (especially if some of them are not interested in raiding).

But yes, it's a hairy situation when you have deep connections with a guild and things get all tangled. I'd be unsure of what to do in that situation as well.

It ... sucks. I highly recommend against it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well. a whole group can move....or that one person can move. If this person is that bad and won't listen....get the raid leader to talk to them nicely of course, but then if they are a big issue they have to be removed. Sad, but true.

I know i put my meanie pants on, but it's the truth. Why move a whole group, when one person is the problem?
Reply Quote
When I find myself in that position, I have a hard time acting kind to the person. It's usually the people that lack self-reflection, with a feeling of entitlement to fkn everything that i can't stand. My hate grows when they receive undeserved loot. Especially when a GM or RL doesn't see this or doesn't have the balls to do something about it. But finding the patience, helping them improve and keeping things constructive (as hard as this is) can be very rewarding. You might have started off on the wrong foot, but it's not too late. Drop the resentment, apologize for your elitist behavior (you know that's what he thinks, so show him your good side) and explain where you are coming from / what your expectations are and ask that healer about his ideas. Communicate :-) Work something out together. I should follow my own advise more often, though. But the times i did it helped. Good luck with this healer.

Ps. Ranting to my fellow healers about stupid raidmembers doing silly things - nothing i enjoy more :-) dont let this be taken away from you!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Why you post about me!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Whisper the hunter and have them misdirect to the healer every pull.

Lifegrip said individual into what ever bad you can.

Dispel good buff on primordius.

Pray that DI is brought back to the game so you can relentlessly torture your fellow raiders.

HoP them when they are about to do something cool.

edit: personally my favorite is HoPing tanks but thats just me.
Edited by Sadiemay on 4/24/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]