Hating your co-healers

90 Night Elf Druid
well. a whole group can move....or that one person can move. If this person is that bad and won't listen....get the raid leader to talk to them nicely of course, but then if they are a big issue they have to be removed. Sad, but true.

I know i put my meanie pants on, but it's the truth. Why move a whole group, when one person is the problem?

Basically.

If you're not having fun healing with this person, every raid night you're not going to want to log on and heal and in that case it's not worth it. Talk to the healer, talk to the leader, and try to work something out.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
DoJ
Find a new group ...or conspire to dethrone the RL lol!

Find a new group. Good healers are always in demand.

Really? Then i'm not good it seems... :( ...or maybe it's my schedule for availability the issue...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Be more active on Vent.

Notice he's not dispelling diseases? ...simple; Call it out on vent. Call him out on vent every single time he's derping any mechanic.

He'll smarten up real fast unless he likes being called out/embarrassed or hopefully your raid lead will realize he's a detriment to your team.

I'm serious. Call him out on absolutely everything. I do it for pugs and they smarten up. Blowing down to 50% mana in the first 25seconds of a raid encounter? - Call it out on vent; "Hey buddy, you have healing partners who are at full mana, why are you at 50%? Easy bro, you don't need to splurge on the meters, it's not a race."

Just let everybody else know he's a tool and not working as a team.
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/24/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
No good advice but you made me want to /hug my healing partner. I'd cry if I was stuck with someone like that. And probably quit. There's a lot of pressure on healers, especially 2-heal fights (which has been a lot of them), and not being able to trust the other healer would be no fun at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
1. post on main
2. we find out who your co-healers are
3. ????
4. profit
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
1. post on main
2. we find out who your co-healers are
3. ????
4. profit

;D

No, but seriously - I absolutely agree with Tonydanza about calling him out on his derps. And by "calling him out on his derps" it doesn't have to be done in a cold/uncaring/callous way (unless you're into that).

When I started raiding with my current guild in T11, the RL would simply ask people who died "So what happened to you?" and it wasn't asked in a challenging/frustrated/whatever tone of voice. At first I was scared sh!tless to be not only called out on having potentially done something wrong in front of people but also to basically be asked to tell the group publicly what I'd done wrong.

At first I didn't even really know to go into my combat log to figure out what had happened, lol >.>

I quickly realized it wasn't done in any way to humiliate me into "being better" - it was to help *him* quickly assess what had potentially gone wrong (which wasn't always my own fault anyway, of course) so he could see what could be done to avoid it again, as well as the same thing for me. If you have no idea what exactly killed you, you might be wrong about why you died, and fail to avoid it in the future.

And of course the entire raid was given the same "treatment" - whenever he wasn't sure what had begun a wipe, he simply asked those who fell first to help him figure it out. It's not like he was putting *me* on the spot at all. It's just the way the group worked.

Realizing that I was working with a group who all actively wanted to improve, and who all realized that they could fix their mistakes by examining what had happened on wipes... well, it changed my entire way of playing. I never would have been comfortable saying anything to another raider about their performance before that (whisper, raid chat, or vent) and now I actively call for my co-healer to do what I need him to do because otherwise... lol, we don't see a single PW:B from him in an entire night and stuff like that ;)

So... since you seem very invested in staying with your current group, I advocate the "take an active role in Vent on raid nights" and give him instructions when you don't see him doing what needs doing.

Some things might not be best to call him out on in Vent, if you're not the confrontational type; dispels, for example, I'd discuss with him via whisper. At least at first. If he doesn't improve on assisting with dispels by being "gently confronted" via whispers about how few he's taken care of, you might have to start calling for them in Vent, and since that's an... idk, high-pressure situation (managing to call things out in Vent while you're trying to manage healing & dispels can be hairy) you're likely to sound... uh... pissed-off, and even if you don't it's going to put him on the spot in an already somewhat hairy situation, which may not bring out... useful... reactions from him.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So what happened to you?

It really annoys me when people don't even know what killed them and never bother to look. Especially if they get defensive about dieing to stuff they shouldn't. I take it upon myself to bust out the recount death log (assuming I don't already know as a healer) when needed since I usually figure that they aren't going to look. If no one looks then it's either the healers fault or we just feel like extending a learning curve by pulling MOAR.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The only "hate" I have for one of my co-healers is that he's just so darn good. He ranks on WoL while I look like a warped reflection of his greatness. He is God, and I am Adam, fallen from grace.

But I love him, because for years he healed my warrior through progression - can't hate on that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think I must generate a lot of hate from my co-healers, because they do as others are advising you to do and leave.

I've had 13 different co-healers in my main raid this expansion. This is a 10-man guild, and I have not guild-hopped (although we did merge and rename at one point). That number does not include two dedicated DPS that have switched to a heal spec/healing alt because we would otherwise not have been able to raid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I could have written the same post the OP did, word for word, about my co-healer only he's a paladin. And I've been vocal in vent, and 'vocal' on our officer forums about my frustrations with this guy.

He does all the same things. Dies for derp reasons repeatedly, doesn't know strats to fights we've done before, performs poorly on fights for random reasons that I have to point out and then he'll "oh well I was trying a new raid frame tonight!" or some other crap. Won't dispel, denies he wasn't dispelling, claims recount is wrong, swears he was doing it when he wasn't, etc. Requests heal assignments when there is no reason to have any, or when we need assignments, his tank always dies.

Your post just made me think tonight pretty hard, and I let them know I just flat out did not want to heal this week while I decide if I want to just quit raiding altogether or leave the team.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Tell the RL (or guild relations person if you have one) the truth about the problem player and basically say, he goes or I go.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I tend to disagree with your comment about healing assignments. I work best when I know what I'm meant to be doing and where my mana will be going over the course of the fight and when my cooldowns should be used. If I'm leading a heal team I also like to have it assigned who's doing what, so that I know everything's covered, and if we wipe to a healing failure then I know what instruction to give to not wipe that way again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
"... let the hate flow through you."
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I could have written the same post the OP did, word for word, about my co-healer only he's a paladin. And I've been vocal in vent, and 'vocal' on our officer forums about my frustrations with this guy.

He does all the same things. Dies for derp reasons repeatedly, doesn't know strats to fights we've done before, performs poorly on fights for random reasons that I have to point out and then he'll "oh well I was trying a new raid frame tonight!" or some other crap. Won't dispel, denies he wasn't dispelling, claims recount is wrong, swears he was doing it when he wasn't, etc. Requests heal assignments when there is no reason to have any, or when we need assignments, his tank always dies.

Your post just made me think tonight pretty hard, and I let them know I just flat out did not want to heal this week while I decide if I want to just quit raiding altogether or leave the team.

Why you hate me so much, Ocyla?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Why you hate me so much, Ocyla?

Because you are the wrong gender, faction, and server? I dunno! XD
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Two Things:

I'm a fan of (very) rough healing assignments; such as 'I dispel from bottom up, you dispel from top down, you dispel tanks', but where obviously we all keep dispelling until everything is dispelled. Or 'heal stuff. During super raid wide damage, you focus on tanks, and I'll focus on raid.' Or 'use barrier at this time. Save your mana cooldown for when I call it, because, let's face it, I'm going to run out of mana 4 times before you get down to 100k.

Which brings me to the second thing:

Running out of mana: I specifically design my priest to sit at <75k for as much of the fight as possible, simply to get the most benefit out of jade spirit, and because I can (just) barely get away with it, so it gives me the maximum throughput possible.

Once you DO figure out a healer you can work with, make sure you understand their style, because it can be very different from your own (I know very few people understand my spirit - and when I was in a raid with 4 druids doing horridon, I got innervated SIX times because everyone was terrified about where my mana was. Although that did let me bust out some pretty ridiculous aoe healing. Nom nom nom, <3 11 prayers of healing in one spirit shell.)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Dispels have cool downs, if 3 debuffs go out every time, dispel assignments are important.

If there is heavy tank damage, they should have heal assignments. Rotation of cool downs I don't consider to be healing assigments, and that is also a given imo. I don't want to barrier at the same time someone else is doing a big CD if we need to stagger them.

Understanding what other classes can do is great. However when you have to work around another players failures, that's annoying. If X healer says they are going to dispel Tsulong and they don't, the other healers have to take over. If the other healer says they are going to heal the tank and the tank dies, so you swap tank assignments and the OTHER tank now dies, that's a problem. If I have to do more because the other healer isn't doing their job, that sucks.

I actually healed with another disc priest once who I'm pretty sure didn't even know what dispel was or how to use it...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Dispel's are like interrupts, if someone else lands one before you, yours doesn't exist and wont show on lists. Assignments prevent overlaps that make it seem like someone is slacking when they are simply just a little slower than you at something. You feel like they are as bad as they seem because your used to a level of chemistry that no longer exists in your team. Its entirely possible that they are much better than you think they are and your team work just needs some improvements. Before you go forward with wanting them out or leaving Please at the very least sit down with these people and try to work it out. You wont have lost anything by trying and if it works you'll have kept that which you wanted, your raid group.

Anything else i was going to say has been echo'd by others already.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
04/24/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Sýnn
He also has fairly bad raid awareness and has died quite often to standing in bad stuff.

Nuff said...healbot baddie...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]