Are the War of the Ancients books Canon?

Just as the title says. If they are, then that raises a LOT of questions about the story of WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Last time I checked, the War of the Ancients was indeed a Canon event that happened. How it raises a lot of questions on WoW's story, you may need to elaborate a bit more.
Reply Quote
42 Troll Priest
They are indeed canon, in the sense that those events did occur. It's strongly implied that if Krasus hadn't saved the clutch of Blue eggs as he did in those novels, there would be *no* Blue Dragons today. However, it can also be easily implied that once the crisis was over, the Bronze Flight went back and set things back to how they were before Knaak's crew got thrown back.
Reply Quote
Last time I checked, the War of the Ancients was indeed a Canon event that happened. How it raises a lot of questions on WoW's story, you may need to elaborate a bit more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's canon, but I think it's got some anomalies to it, namely that apparently it's not the same timeline as the one players experience?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
It's canon but things have been retconned since then and since they don't update the books to be perfectly up to date with the canon, you'll have to know that events that contradict it that have been written since are more accurate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]