Askmrrobot

90 Troll Priest
Hey guys,

I keep getting urged and urged to use Ask Mr Robot all the time by my friends. Personally I don't believe in using it for the most part. Do you guys use it? If not, what are your reasons as to why you don't use it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Is it against your religious beliefs or do you just prefer to do less dps?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
For the most part, it's wrong on a lot of occasions. On my H pal it asks me to forge out of mastery, on a few occasions it wants me to forge out of haste and crit for more hit even when I have 15.2% hit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Askmrrobot definitely doesn't always know what it's talking about.

I use it on occasion, but I'm more likely to use reforgelite and just edit in my own stat weights - provided I know what the optimal stat priority is, which could come from a variety of sources (including, potentally, askmrrobot). Plus, reforgelite does all the work for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It doesnt matter if its SimC, Reforgelite or AMR they all are based on math and all have been prone to errors. Just pick one and go with it. I use AMR to get Hitcapped but not all of the time. Using a little bit of common sense helps too.

Many of the better players prefer SimC but its whats been around the longest. I would say the majority of the WoW population probably uses AMR.

One thing about AMR is they have been pretty good about fixing and explaining their reasoning for doing things. The AMR rep is on the MMO-Champ forums quite often.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
If you don't know what to gem/reforge or why, use AMR. Judging by your setup, this applies to you.

If you do know what to do, AMR's reforging code is decent but that's all you will use.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. As a previous posted stated - Mr. Robot does math for you. And it's all based on the stat weights. We provide default weights, and for a lot of specs we have 2-3 default options (look in the drop down menu, below your character name).

If you don't like any of the presets, you can customize the weights and Mr. Robot will re-optimize everything. Don't forget about his gem optimizations - he'll calculate which socket bonuses are worth getting. That math isn't too hard, but hey, he does it all in under a second!

It's also important to know that the stat weights drive the item rankings. So be sure you are using the weights that you want to, so the gear rankings are relevant.

Here's some more info you might fight useful:

• Pre-Optimization overview: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Overview1.png
  • Post-Optimization overview: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Overview2.png
  • Options menu: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/OptionsMenu1.png
  • Editing stat weights: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/EditStatWeights.png
  • Relative vs Absolute gear rankings: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Absolute_vs_Relative.png

If you have any other questions, let me know. Happy to help :)
Edited by Zoopercat on 4/22/2013 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow tl;dnr:
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3507

Was about to reply more but I just realized I already got you on the Priest forums.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Make your own informed decisions imo.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
While it may not be perfect it usually is close. It will probably get closer to the hit/haste caps than what you could by hand without spending a good deal of time doing the math yourself. Not saying AMR is god, but it's a good tool to use.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Some people use it as a bible, which is a bad idea. It is usually pretty accurate for DPS but tanks/healers should probably take what it says with a grain of salt.

I simply use it as a tool to ensure I maintain my hit cap while also stacking my most favorable stats, namely after I've done my simcraft homework and plugged in my custom stat weights.

As the person above put it:

Mr. Robot does math for you

You should still understand the math that is going on, AMR just saves you the trouble of having to do that math manually.
Edited by Kaikou on 4/23/2013 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Is it against your religious beliefs or do you just prefer to do less dps?

You don't need Mr Robot maximize your DPS, it is a tool, one of many out there.

Personally, I like ReforgeLite. I can handle the gems on my own, as well as the enchants (typically).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I use it simply as a reforge optimizer so I don't have to figure it out, but I tend to adjust the stat weights. For some classes and specs the default stat weights are not correct or may need to be adjusted.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Some people use it as a bible, which is a bad idea. It is usually pretty accurate for DPS but tanks/healers should probably take what it says with a grain of salt.

I simply use it as a tool to ensure I maintain my hit cap while also stacking my most favorable stats, namely after I've done my simcraft homework and plugged in my custom stat weights.

As the person above put it:

Mr. Robot does math for you

You should still understand the math that is going on, AMR just saves you the trouble of having to do that math manually.

This guy sums it up pretty well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
AMR is a calculuator. And there's something really problematic with calculators that us humans seem to overlook.

If you put crap in, you get crap out. The math may be correct, but if the internal frame work is incorrect "The question", you're not going to get out viable answers.

If it seems *off* it may very well be. Honestly, just look at what it gives you and decide for yourself.
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/23/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Can someone tell me what I can use (that is simple) to get EP values for my gear to use in AMR?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Can someone tell me what I can use (that is simple) to get EP values for my gear to use in AMR?

Simcraft

edit: although apparently simcraft sucks at Destro, according to my lock friend
Edited by Meleti on 4/23/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]