Shockadin Random BG Test Video

100 Blood Elf Paladin
This is my very first video. I wanted to see what it was like to record some WoW game play, and see what ti took to get a video on youtube. It is very RAW, and unedited. I'll have to figure out how to add some music maybe if I ever make another, but this test video is just that.

Recording a healer guarding a flag carrier can be pretty boring, and I wasn't planing to edit, so I went more of a shockadin spec, and tried to focus on offense and killing the enemy flag carrier.

I do get to 1v1 an Arms Warrior that is messing with me. He gets to eat 12k Denouce spams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2IX4rpDGRY&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cool video, though I don't think the shock pally is viable in real environment. Not trying to ruin the fun though, but the fact remains the majority of people in normal bgs are not geared yet. So being at the top as a shockadin isn't really a achievement if your pvp decked out, plus the dps/heals overall for that bg was horrible. So its pretty obvious people were really under-geared.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
that addon is so annoying ._.

also, keybinding would help you a ton. bind things to your mousewheel, it's how I do it. :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
One thing I'd recommend for the future, remove you sound or mute it in editing. After that you can add music and sound of your choice. This removes any unneeded sounds like the addon and the occasional breathing which can be a major turn off for most viewers.

Best of luck to you :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Cool video, though I don't think the shock pally is viable in real environment. Not trying to ruin the fun though, but the fact remains the majority of people in normal bgs are not geared yet. So being at the top as a shockadin isn't really a achievement if your pvp decked out, plus the dps/heals overall for that bg was horrible. So its pretty obvious people were really under-geared.

You may not consider random bgs as a real environment, but it is really fun! It is a chaotic mess of bots and badly geared people. I don't see it as an achievement, but it is fun to feel that you have made a difference in the match.

Plus I get to do things I never get to do in RBGs. I never get to carry the flag or go on offense in most WSG, I just babysit the flag carrier, which is fine, but in randoms I get to experience the other parts of the game.

While shockadin may not be viable in RBGs and high end arenas, I enjoy it and it makes the overall game more fun. I run the shock speck and a more traditional Hpal healer spec. I have a set of pvp and pve gear for both specs, so I carry 4 sets of gear at all times.

PvE shockadin is what I use to make dailies not suck so bad. I also spec as PvE shock for random heroic dungeons. I don't have the mana to dps trash, I just save it for the bosses. Again, this makes actually doing random dungeons enjoyable enough to queue.

PvP shockadin is what i run for random bgs, like in the video. Since I do dailies in shock spec this becomes my world pvp spec, if I can switch gear. It is the spec that I duel in, if challenged, and it is also the spec I use for 2s arenas. I do 2s for points, so Id rather lose a 10 min fight than draw a 25 min fight. I find that if I run my classic heal spec I get lots of draws in 2s, which isnt fun.

PvP classic heals are my 3s, 5s, and RBG spec. The PvE geared version works fine for raids, but I mainly just do LFR.

TLDR: yes shock isnt viable for 3s, 5s, RBGs, or Raiding ... but there is alot more to the game and shock puts the fun into those other areas.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/24/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Tenacius
I also spec as PvE shock for random heroic dungeons. I don't have the mana to dps trash, I just save it for the bosses. Again, this makes actually doing random dungeons enjoyable enough to queue.

Examples:
Standing in fire on purpose and critting boss for 200k. Thats just fun, I don't care who you are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlBFIO6GtdE

More shockadin DPS on boss fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObQVQugMUvk
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Whats the mod calling out what abilities people are activating?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
GladiatorLOSsa

It takes some getting used to, but its like counting cards in blackjack. Even if you don't know what exact card is coming next, just by keeping aware of what cool downs have been popped gives you a better feel about what to expect.

I'll probably filter the announcements out for my other videos, but I think it is one of the best addons available.
Edited by Tenacius on 4/24/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
One thing I'd recommend for the future, remove you sound or mute it in editing. After that you can add music and sound of your choice. This removes any unneeded sounds like the addon and the occasional breathing which can be a major turn off for most viewers.

Best of luck to you :)

I didn't realize the mic was hot. That could have been ALOT worse, just saying. :D

Take two on the BG video. No add on sounds, no open mic, and insert music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIoB1pk1dQg
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Still trying to get the hang of the editing...

Alliance version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWLTPh8i7_Q
Reply Quote
Looking good bro I really like the pve part aswell make me wanna try this out, keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
:) looks like you're having fun, couple addons I'm going to suggest for you,

MinimapButtonFrame-takes all those pesky minimap buttons and puts them together in it's own collapsible frame

Elkano's Buffbar-takes all those pesky buffs floating by your minimap and puts them in a REALLY NICE frame that's easier to read

Also you should experiment around taking your PLAYER frame and moving it to the centerleft side of the screen and your TARGET to the centerright side

http://tinypic.com/r/hsvtdz/5

Quick picture of where i place mine, lower middle part of screen with PLAYER on left and TARGET on right. That way your eyes are almost always looking at the CENTER of the screen instead of staring at the upper left corner of your monitor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ohh and WIDESCREEN monitors are amazing :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also you should experiment around taking your PLAYER frame and moving it to the centerleft side of the screen and your TARGET to the centerright side

http://tinypic.com/r/hsvtdz/5

Quick picture of where i place mine, lower middle part of screen with PLAYER on left and TARGET on right. That way your eyes are almost always looking at the CENTER of the screen instead of staring at the upper left corner of your monitor.

Thank you for the advice and I will take into consideration that if people are looking at the video that it should be aesthetically appealing. I personally have no need for such things on my UI. Consolidation might not get me the information I want when I'm looking for it, but i will see if I can make some improvements in that area.

Part of my thinking was that with a standard UI people could get a better feel for what abilities are happening and follow along better. Still a work in progress.

I have no plans to rotate things on left or right of screen, but I'm curious as to what you think I am staring at in the upper left corner of my screen, and why?

Temple of Kotmogu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnwm0OOCXT4
Reply Quote
Hey Tenacius, during ur videos how is it ur not ooming very often?, I for one love the pve part of ur video and hope you'll do more of it but I understand in tittle it says bgs :P Can u do me a favor que up as deeps in 5 man dungeon I'd would really appreciate it, looks like you were topping the meter too that's why I ask :P anyway ur new fan thank you :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll try it, but I don't think it will work well. The PvE fights I go through 60% of my mana in 60 seconds. I just DPS on the boss fights for the fun of it. Most heroic boss fights don't last more than 2 min.

The PvP fights Im not usually in control of my character for enough time, with the fears, stuns and blanket silences, to burn mana that much.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
"Sustaining" dps as holy requires a boatload of spirit. Longest I was able to last in a raid fight was just over 5 minutes, but even getting that involved a fair bit of gaming instant cast strings in order to get white swings for insight.

It's not bad for short fights but doesn't have the tools to sustain dps for long periods.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Eon
in on Shockadin thread.

Spirit>int>haste>crit
MAST=0
HIT=0

=== how to sustain high dps ===

MOST IMPORTANTLY STAND IN MELEE RANGE
judgement causes you to auto attack >> auto attacks return 4% mana

Wings + favor + devo on a single macro

use BoP to ignore mechanics eg. turtles on tortos

Shock > all... keep it on CD
harsh words 3hp on holy shocks

lights hammer is your only aoe take it and use it well. (it can proc healing trinkets use it wisely)

unglyphed plea helps you stay afloat during lust
--try to keep it on CD but remember you need it for lust

I lend you my light Brothers and Sisters. go forth and top meters

PS, the tears of non-viable and dpsing in holy spec as you best pures are delicious.
Edited by Xcluusive on 4/30/2013 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]