Thunder Forge quest is almost impossible...

90 Human Priest
I did the scenario in my heal spec and didn't have any issues with it. I can confirm that healing the Defender method does work.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I did the scenario in my heal spec and didn't have any issues with it. I can confirm that healing the Defender method does work.

Ya, I've heard that being a healer makes it the easiest but not being a healer, I dunno.

But you wana know whats BS? Being a warrior. My main method of healing in solo content does not work. Killing the shas does not trigger victory rush. So ya, keeping myself alive while keeping the stupid blacksmith alive was stupid hard. Because the guardian drops those green healing beams conveniently away from the blacksmith, every, freaken, time.

This is all around a bad quest. Its only "challenging" because of how poorly designed it was.
Edited by Herethebeef on 5/8/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/08/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Herethebeef
My main method of healing in solo content does not work. Killing the shas does not trigger victory rush.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about this little gem.
Not having VR proc on those little debilitating shas was a nice middle finger salute to all the warriors doing this quest.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I'm here to relate! People don't know that rogue soloing is garbage.
This quest was hell. I didn't die but I barely killed it. I did not have any more anvils and managed to kill him before he did that thing that kills you. I slipped at one point and that cost me pretty big. Pretty much you can't mess up something or you're going to have a bad time.
Keep trying bro!

Im not sure what you're talking about but it was really simple, talent leeching poison, keep recup up and win.

Rogue soloing is not garbage, if not its one of the better class for soloing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did it on my hunter and it was really easy after dying a ton my gear was yellow I figured it out. You just have to keep moving during his casts. The only thing you use the forges for is the insanity run from all his other casts and when the celestial tank disappears, it just takes some patience.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Did rogues lose recuperate?

or leeching poison?.
Edited by Frostfever on 5/8/2013 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Ever thought about grouping to accomplish challenging content?

It's a solo scenario, you can't group for it.

I finished the quest last week and got my gem, but it's doing me no good. It can only be used in hats of ilvl 502 or higher, and the RNG hasn't seen fit to give me one yet. There isn't one available for Valor Points, which would be no problem, I have VP to spare for miles. There are crafted options but 8 Haunting Spirits on my server would cost about 60k gold. I refuse to spend that much just to be able to use a quest reward I already earned, that is ridiculous, and bad game design.

There should either be an ilvl 502 helmet available for VP, or the ilvl req should be lowered so that RNG isn't so much a part of it. I already went thru this on my druid who never got to use her Sha-Touched Gem due to RNG. It was frustrating as hell then and I really didn't expect to see it return. She doesn't have a 502 hat either, but she's still missing one Secret and has 5 hat chances this week (Jin'rokh, tier token, 3 mogu runes). This priest has 7 hat chances per week (3 cloth hats, 1 tier token, 3 mogu runes) but all came up empty yesterday.

inb4 "you only do LFR you don't need the metagem": if the devs see fit to let me finish the quest in LFR, then I want to be able to use the metagem, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Beat it using Holy the other night. Used every forge, and every cooldown as quickly as they were available. Managed to get the spear about 15 seconds after last anvil was used. Took me probably 50~ total attempts. Running at 513 ilvl holy it was a dps race, and honestly I felt lucky with the RNG on that run.

I stand by my original comments, the sha either has too many hp or the forges don't cause quite enough damage. This event is just enough overtuned to make it "stupid" vice an accomplishment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
04/24/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Gemknight

Can't you just spam the celestial guy and let him mow everything down?

Do I look like a monk?

Over in the healer form it was mandated that all healing classes have a tiger.

Grats, you now have tiger.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I may be using a pet class, but I just rocked a dps pet. Use your defensive cds and avoid the hazards. I'm sure as heck not in heroic ToT gear and got through it. I had more trouble keeping that celestial blacksmith alive.
Reply Quote
Did it last night and it took me about 40 mins, 15 of which was time spent googling for tips after the first few wipes.

Gotta say that's the most fun I've had doing solo content since leveling in BC. I was so surprised at the difficulty after the first couple of wipes that I thought I was missing something obvious (hence the googling). Once I realized that I just had to man up and pay attention, I had a blast. I'm looking forward to doing it on my healer soon to see that aspect of it.

More content like this please.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
The mogu phase was easy.

It took me a couple tries to get the anvil overload phase down but I did it.

The Sha Amalgamation was AWESOME. It took me 15 tries and I had to duck out to get food and flasks AND I used my FA once.

What I found to work best was taunt the Amalgamation over to each anvil working in a counter clockwise fashion (clockwise would work well too), that way I wouldn't have to go chasing an anvil during his Insanity cast. Timing is key for using the green beam o' healing since he'll invariably cast Shadow Crash every time you step in it lol.

But mechanically it was very demanding and actually pretty damned rewarding once I got him down.

The only problem I really had was the size of the hitboxes of the celestials. I would often go to click on an anvil during the 2nd and 3rd phase and spend more time than I'd like trying to click the anvil and not a celestial.

But it WAS an awesome fight and the gem aside, I really felt like I'd succeeded when I finally downed the Sha Amalgamation.
Edited by Huggywuggles on 5/10/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I had more trouble keeping that celestial blacksmith alive.

This.

I didn't 'wipe' in the scenario, but I did have to restart it once because I didn't realize that it was game over if the Blacksmith ran out of HP.

It was a very exciting encounter and I must say this thread actually prepared me for it and probably limited the amount of problems I had.

And I had super awesome green beam RNG, a stack of health pots, second wind and healthstones.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The mogu phase was easy.

It took me a couple tries to get the anvil overload phase down but I did it.

The Sha Amalgamation was AWESOME. It took me 15 tries and I had to duck out to get food and flasks AND I used my FA once.

What I found to work best was taunt the Amalgamation over to each anvil working in a counter clockwise fashion (clockwise would work well too), that way I wouldn't have to go chasing an anvil during his Insanity cast. Timing is key for using the green beam o' healing since he'll invariably cast Shadow Crash every time you step in it lol.

But mechanically it was very demanding and actually pretty damned rewarding once I got him down.

The only problem I really had was the size of the hitboxes of the celestials. I would often go to click on an anvil during the 2nd and 3rd phase and spend more time than I'd like trying to click the anvil and not a celestial.

But it WAS an awesome fight and the gem aside, I really felt like I'd succeeded when I finally downed the Sha Amalgamation.

I did the same thing (taunt to next anvil) and made sure to get him positioned whenever the guardian was down.

Mechanically the fight works, it's a solid design and with tweaks it could actually be fun for all specs/classes. They give you everything you need in order to do it, however....

For melees & healers, the mob has a butt-ton of HP. If you can't taunt, or do ranged DPS (and not Hpal "dps"), you're gonna be racing the clock the entire time.

Melees are going to have to move out of range for heals, meteors, & anvils which means their DPS is going to drop like a stone for most of the fight. Healers can ignore the green heal circles, but we also don't have the base DPS that most melees do.

I think a mob HP adjustment or Anvil damage adjustment would fix it. Right now however the min ilvl to do this across specs can't be consistent. I'm running 513 on HPal, and 481 on Prot, and I got him to 30~% (20% being a win) a few times on Prot before my gear went red, and I decided to retry as Holy (since my gear was fresh and I didn't want to restart).

Based on reward, the intended ilvl is probably somewhere around 500~. I'd be interested in hearing what the ilvl (lowest level) is of the ranged folks who were able to do this, so we can compare it against melee/healers.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I effed up on this quest a couple of times and then realized paying attention to the message alerts in the forge was required for successful completion. :P Actually, I lasted a long time ignoring everything and just tunneled final sha mob using my survival tools. :P

Once you pay attention to the alerts and follow their instruction it wasn't all that bad. Though I did get frustrated hitting the special action button to kill the final sha mob not realizing it was a channeling spell. I kept selecting it and cursing that nothing was happening. :P

As a rogue you get to cheese the Nalik part without a group by just casting the spear at him and vanishing. He despawns and you just kite the add around. You may have to do it a couple of times because the add occasionally despawns also.
Edited by Faiyd on 5/10/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
(I realize it's been over a week since the last post was made in this thread, but it seems to me that this topic is still relevant, so I'm posting here rather than start a new thread. !@#$%^-*!ia is still an ungood thing, though.)

FINALLY managed to complete this
I hate this quest. No, hate is too weak a word for it. I would rather do some bizarre hybrid of the Kara chess event crossed with School of Hard Knocks, with an attempt at soloing Heroic Dragon Soul thrown in for good measure. Yeah, yeah, yeah, "it's a legendary questline", "it's not supposed to be a faceroll", blah, blah, blah, I get that.

Stood in my Rune of Power(glyphed for 1% healing per sec) and blasted away at him whenever I could; used Blink or Mirror Images or whatever was up to get away from him when he came after me; tried to stay out of nasty stuff; used Cold Snap for a quick 30% heal when it was up; used Flask of the Warm Sun, Potion of the Jade Serpent, Arcane Brilliance, etc. I have no idea how many attempts it took.

It is my most sincere hope that somewhere down the line we get the opportunity to kick that little SOB Wrathion's behind from Azeroth clear to the remains of Draenor, if not beyond.

Edited -- Hate is too WEAK a word....
Edited by Eyrinjia on 5/18/2013 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I bet I could one shot it.

I have green fire so you know I'm awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I wiped on this for a couple hours the other night and had to give up because my gear all got broken. I'm going to have to go in again some time and figure it out, and I'm not looking forward to it.

The "enrage" mechanic of running out of anvils is what gets me. I can't do anywhere near enough damage in Elemental to kill him before I've used up all the anvils. I switched to Resto after a few tries in Ele (which wasn't easy since the fight starts up upon rezzing almost before you can swap talents) and I was getting him down further by healing the guardian, but I was still running out of anvils and dying to insanity. The guardian guy has so much health that I go OoM if I'm trying to top him off with Greater Healing Waves, and my totems don't seem to heal him, so I'm stuck spamming Healing Wave to try to get him up. But then when I have to use an anvil, that drops him back down to half health and his damage goes to pot.

I'm not sure what I could be doing differently, it may be a case where I'm going to need to get more gear to ever pass this point.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
or i get ToT heroic gear to be able to survive a bit longer.
lol
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I bet I could one shot it.

I have green fire so you know I'm awesome.

Tell the truth; crying for nerfs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]