What is with the rng for Secrets of the Empire?

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll have 2 alts that will have it done before my main. Yay rng.
Yep 12 bosses killed got one secret so I'm up to 6 now your rng is so much worst
90 Dwarf Hunter
0 secrets this week... kinda annoyed
90 Pandaren Monk
Finishing content early in the week leaving me at 19/20 was probably the most infuriating thing I've experienced this expansion.
90 Gnome Warlock
I think it's odd that normal/heroic doesn't have a higher drop chance than LFR. Or if you've already done a boss on LFR, then a drop chance to make up the difference. I guess raiding normals has enough rewards that speeding up the legendary chain doesn't have to be one of them. I guess you can look at it another way and say it's one less thing to be screwed out of if you have to sit for comp / numbers / scheduling and don't get to raid normal that week on your main.

In other news, I have my meta sitting in my bags, because my 504-upgraded helm won't accept it. And no non-spirit cloth helms dropped this week in our 25man, and my coins on horridon and dark animus didn't give me any hats (even dumped coins on lfr as well as normal). Haven't got past iron qon yet, so no tier helm to try to coin :/

Oh well, legendary tank meta in my alt druid's helm, so that's cool. And yes, I realize I'm a lucky bastard to have finished already on 2 toons.
Got 9 secrets one week, struck out for the next 2 weeks. Rng is rng
90 Undead Warrior
I think it's odd that normal/heroic doesn't have a higher drop chance than LFR. Or if you've already done a boss on LFR, then a drop chance to make up the difference. I guess raiding normals has enough rewards that speeding up the legendary chain doesn't have to be one of them. I guess you can look at it another way and say it's one less thing to be screwed out of if you have to sit for comp / numbers / scheduling and don't get to raid normal that week on your main.

. I guess raiding normals has enough rewards that speeding up the legendary chain doesn't have to be one of them.

. I guess raiding normals has enough rewards

Which is why the bracket is dying since it gives exactly the same everything as LFR outside a 1% chance at a mount or two?
90 Orc Death Knight
15s 17s? Jesus I am on 5 and been doing since week 1.
10 Blood Elf Paladin
0 for 6 so far

why cant normal/heroic have a higher drop rate

seriously, this is stupid. i'd rather make shadowmourne again. -_-
100 Troll Hunter
Don't worry, you'll have enough time to enjoy the other collection part! Some people probably still have ~1-2 and have been on it for weeks.
90 Goblin Hunter

. I guess raiding normals has enough rewards that speeding up the legendary chain doesn't have to be one of them.

. I guess raiding normals has enough rewards

Which is why the bracket is dying since it gives exactly the same everything as LFR outside a 1% chance at a mount or two?

The one thing normal mode gets outside of higher ilvl gear is a much easier time doing the glory of ____ raider -1 tier compared to others. If you don't raid normals (probably need some heroics even) its very hard (outside of buying with gold, but with enough gold you can buy current content stuff anyways) to be accepted into a group doing t14 heroics. Won't see many/any LFR heroes with last tier's achieve mount (without buying it), you will see a good amount of T15 normal mode raiders however.

(I do actually think the mounts should drop at 100% anyways btw, always thought its odd normal has no current level vanity rewards)
10 Blood Elf Paladin
seriously, why isnt the drop rate higher depending on difficulty? why should lfr have the same drop chance as normal or heroic?

last tier, you could get sigils in LFR or regular raiding. and even then people had issues getting say, sigils of wisdom. shadowfrost shards made sense: normal had a drop rate, heroic had a higher drop rate. secrets are the same chance regardless of difficulty. why should someone clearing 12/12 normal have the same odds as someone doing 12/12 lfr?
90 Pandaren Monk
The RnG for getting the secrets isn't the problem. The problem is when you finally collect all of them, spend gold to buy the Trillium bars, do that crappy scenario, do the Nalak quest, sit and listen to Wrathion spew on and on about nothing for 10 minutes, turn in your quest and get your item only to find out you can't use it because your RnG on getting a helmet of high enough iLevel to use it has never dropped for you.

Thanks for the bag filler Blizzard, I appreciate it.
100 Worgen Druid
04/30/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Sanctifìed
seriously, why isnt the drop rate higher depending on difficulty? why should lfr have the same drop chance as normal or heroic?

Because then normal raiders would not want to run LFR until after they'd run their normals for the week and this would mean fewer people to carry scrubs through LFR. They probably didn't think of the idea of having the difference between LFR rate and normal rate apply if you ran normal after LFR.
90 Dwarf Hunter
0 secrets this week... kinda annoyed

0 again this week WTF is going on with this quest.

This entire xpac is plagued with RNG on top of RNG. Its really frustrating.
Edited by Minko on 4/30/2013 10:35 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage
6 secrets in 8 bosses so far on my alt Mage this week

Edit: 7 for 9 now

Went from 11 to 18 secrets this week and I still have 3 bosses left, didn't expect that
Edited by Digerati on 4/30/2013 11:16 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
It's poor design when you can get it in 3 weeks with luck or 8+ weeks with terrible luck.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Thankfully, LFR sharing means I only run LFR when I'm in the mood now, rather than feeling the obligation, that's one thing right.

Now if only tier bonuses didn't share, I could stop running it at all besides when Im bored.
90 Human Priest
I'm at 18 secrets and killed the first 6 bosses tonight on normal/heroic... no secrets... I'm hoping for my last two tomorrow when I do the last two LFR wings (next raid isn't til Thursday).

WISH ME LUCK OMG :( I think I will need it.
Edited by Pandabearr on 5/1/2013 3:13 AM PDT
100 Worgen Druid
The RnG for getting the secrets isn't the problem. The problem is when you finally collect all of them, spend gold to buy the Trillium bars, do that crappy scenario, do the Nalak quest, sit and listen to Wrathion spew on and on about nothing for 10 minutes, turn in your quest and get your item only to find out you can't use it because your RnG on getting a helmet of high enough iLevel to use it has never dropped for you.

There's a 522 crafted helm with meta socket.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]