What is with the rng for Secrets of the Empire?

(Locked)

11 Troll Hunter
Only needed one this week, got it off last boss in LFR last stand. Got all of mine from LFR, maybe one from a normal raid, I dont get to do those much at all. Maybe about 5 kills of normal mode bosses. For how horrible the RNG was to me with my Sha weapon last tier in LFR im thinking the rng gods are making up for it this time to me. But RNG is RNG. Ill support any bumps in the drop rate for others, I know what its like to be screwed by RNG.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Wtb 100% drop off lei shen so I can at least get 1 a week + Allow drops in normal and LFR independant of each other.

Fixed!
10 Blood Elf Paladin
same odds across all difficulties is a mistake. people doing harder content deserve to get it faster, period.

we could have made a shadowmourne/dragonwrath in this time period, and those are weapons. in any case, too many collection quests. they need to drop it and just get to a typical 1 person legendary kind of quest.
90 Worgen Mage
6 secrets in 8 bosses so far on my alt Mage this week

Edit: 7 for 9 now

Went from 11 to 18 secrets this week and I still have 3 bosses left, didn't expect that

Update: 0-3 on the final 3, so 7 for 12 on secrets this week. Hopefully I can get the final 2 next week.
90 Worgen Druid
05/01/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Sanctifìed
same odds across all difficulties is a mistake. people doing harder content deserve to get it faster, period.

They do because they had access to 12 bause per week for 6 weeks when the LFR wasn't fully open.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
The past couple weeks I got only 1 per week. This week I got 5. The wide swings in rng is annoying.
90 Orc Death Knight
its on the RPPM System XD
90 Night Elf Warrior

we could have made a shadowmourne/dragonwrath in this time period, and those are weapons. in any case, too many collection quests. they need to drop it and just get to a typical 1 person legendary kind of quest.

Ok, maybe you could have finished a shadowmourne/dragonwrath in this time period (but only if you were in a raid that at the least full cleared normals the first week, and only in 25 man in the case of dragonwrath), but you couldn't make 25 in this time period, and the whole raid having these meta gems (and the socket from before) is a much larger boost than one guy having a weapon. It doesn't seem weird for it to progress more slowly when everyone progresses at the same time. The speed of dragonwrath acquisition was considered a mistake, anyway, because you could expect almost every caster to be able to get one but since it was only for casters it caused overall raid balance problems.

If they did make normal/heroic have a faster completion rate, it wouldn't necessarily be faster than it is now. They could just reduce the chance on LFR and keep normal/heroic the same. In any case, people that progress quickly through normal/heroic could kill some of the bosses before they were available in LFR anyway.
Edited by Asthas on 5/2/2013 2:19 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not gonna worry about it or complain or rail against the injustice and how the other children got theirs already.

Just not worth the aggravation to fight RNG and I'm sure as hell not going to cry whine and blubber to Blizzard to fix this cuz it's taking so loooong and it's not faaaairrrr. Stupid impatient entitled babies need to sit in the corner.

Calm and serene. Nod and smile pleasantly when I get that extra box on my screen. Stuff will get done when it's done. Good things come to those who wait.

<-- trying to avoid busting a blood vessel in my brain and hyperventilating on vent

Peace. =)
90 Pandaren Monk
I get 20 of them last week. This week I get 3 Titan Runestones. But I get only 1 useless gear from all bosses in TOT LFRs for 2 weeks, mean golds, golds, golds!
Edited by Xiongxiong on 5/2/2013 5:51 PM PDT
14 Blood Elf Mage
i find the people who ALREADY HAVE the gem and are QQing about no helm to sue it with funny.
90 Worgen Mage
After going 7-12 on my alt last week, I got the final 2 secrets today from the first 2 bosses, so I had a run of 9 secrets from 14 bosses. He'll start on Runestones now.
90 Human Death Knight
58 boss kills, 8 Secrets of the Empire.

<sigh>.
90 Goblin Priest

<sigh>.

26 boss kills, 8 Secrets of the Empire, lol.

Dat RNG.
90 Human Death Knight

<sigh>.

26 boss kills, 8 Secrets of the Empire, lol.

Dat RNG.

Only a Goblin could be that cruel.

There was a time, back in Cata I think, when I was totally bored because there was not enough content, and I got on a "achievement" kick that included running all the Burning Crusade dungeons to mop up those easy points. The one (and only) time I ran Setthik Halls, the Raven Lord dropped for me. I remember that day thinking "well, the RNG gods will someday have to punish me for THIS stroke of luck."

Now I know what I gave up to get that mount. :-(
90 Troll Druid
Started the week with a smile, standing at 18 secrets. We raid on wednesdays so i was sure i'd have my meta by today.

8/12 bosses killed in lfr, 0 secrets dropped. I'm begging the gods so Jin'rokh and Tortos > Ji kun drop me the last two.
90 Human Warrior
Just finally got the quest. 6 bosses killed, 3 secrets.
90 Human Paladin
79 ToT Boss Kills.

8 Secrets.

Your luck has been better than mine OP.
Edited by Vindicare on 5/8/2013 1:45 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
Started the week with a smile, standing at 18 secrets. We raid on wednesdays so i was sure i'd have my meta by today.

8/12 bosses killed in lfr, 0 secrets dropped. I'm begging the gods so Jin'rokh and Tortos > Ji kun drop me the last two.

Megaera and ji-kun love me, doing the meta gem quest :)
90 Orc Shaman
was 5 from 9 last week.
this week got 7 from 12
so far 12 from 21

much better rate than others :)

i figure ill be exalted SPA rep once completed but could get luck and get the last 8 from 2 or 1 clears
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]