Recommend me an action anime

90 Orc Warrior
So I have been watching a lot of action animes and I want more.

These are the animes I have watched (and still am watching) and love.
Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Beelzebub (sucks it ends), Fairy Tail, Hitman Reborn, Jo Jo's bizarre adventure, FMA and FMAB, Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note and probably more.
Added more

Steins Gates, Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Arata the legend. Mushibugyo, DBZ, Hunter X Hunter (Both series)
Blue Exorcist,

Can anyone recommend some animes I might like? I have watched more than that but I didn't list them/ Can't think off the top of my head. Thanks for the help.

To help narrow things down a bit. This is my favorite type of anime.

I like animes where there is a guy that gets or has some sort of skill. Either a super power or some type of sword skills. I usually enjoy supernatural (Like bleach and Fairy Tail) over realism like Samurai Champloo. I don't mind expanding my anime reach but that would be my favorite. Something where the guy gets stronger each fight or learns something new.
Just good action animes.
Hard to explain.

I also like a guess a different style of anime too. Stuff like Death Note and Steins gate. I enjoyed both of these.

Try to keep the anime reasonable lol.
Edited by Furytime on 6/16/2013 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'd recommend Steins;Gate but that's less action and closer to Death Note. Still my favourite though.

How about Code Geass or Angel Beats! ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Trigun. The only anime I care about.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Boku no Pico.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Attack on Titan has been pretty good so far

Hunter x Hunter is full on Shonen action fun

Fate Zero is pretty good too
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Watching all of them except Fate Zero Atm.

Trigun. The only anime I care about.

Watched it already :p

04/23/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Soeroah
Code Geass

I was never really a fan of the Mech animes but maybe it is good anyways
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

all righty then, digging into the vault of ancient goodies

Cashern: Sins
Guyver
Kenichi; the strongest disciple
Slayers
Hajime no Ippo
Rune Soldier Louie
Berserk
Guin Saga
Blue Exorcist
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

all righty then, digging into the vault of ancient goodies

Cashern: Sins
Guyver
Kenichi; the strongest disciple
Slayers
Hajime no Ippo
Rune Soldier Louie
Berserk
Guin Saga
Blue Exorcist

Watched Blue Exorcist and and I have been waiting on the new movies for Berserk. The other ones I haven't. Out of the ones you listed in that list besides Blue Exorcist and Berserk what would you recommend?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Watched Blue Exorcist and and I have been waiting on the new movies for Berserk. The other ones I haven't. Out of the ones you listed in that list besides Blue Exorcist and Berserk what would you recommend?

see if you can find the Berserk tv series. The Movies aren't bad but they feel a little rushed as far as storytelling goes. Plus, for some reason, they mixed regular animation with CG stuff. The CG works ok for the big mass battles but when they use it for scenes with two people just talking or such it really falls flat, there is no weight to the movement.

Cashern and Guyver are on the dark hero side of things. Brutal stories that can get a little depressing at times but with very cool fights

Guin Saga is good quality Sword and Sorcery. Very Conan style of storytelling. If you like the Conan books you should check this one out.

Slayers and Rune Soldier are Comedy + Action Sword and Sorcery. Lots of Fun with build up to saving the world from Big Bad Boss. Louie only has 1 season but Slayers has 4 or 5. Slayers is a bit more over the top with much higher level characters and city destroying magic but Louie is the best two-fisted fighting Wizard ever.

Kenichi is Pure Shonen. Weak school boy learns Martial Arts and becomes strong. It's a well done one and the Masters who teach him Martial Arts are a fantastic bunch of over top Epic Martial Arts hero types.

Hajime no Ippo is a Boxing series, and probably one of the best sports anime I've seen. I really like the art style of it too. Oddly it kind of reminds me of Archie comics in a way.
Reply Quote
As suggested earlier, watch Fate/Zero, but don't follow it up by watching the first series Fate/Stay Night because you'll be disappointed beyond belief.

Some good recent ones from the past few years:
Sword Art Online (people trapped in an MMO again)
Tiger and Bunny (superheroes)
Mirai Nikki (people with diaries that predict things try to kill each other)
Accel World (students who fight avatar battles in a virtual world)
The Book of Bantorra (a group of powerful librarians protect books which people turn into when they die)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (magical girls fighting "witches" but completely f'ed up)
Shiki (vampires but not as boring)
Mawaru Penguin Drum (not sure if it counts as action but its pretty messed up)
Deadman Wonderland (boy goes to prison for something done by a monster)

I could go on for a while, lol.
Edited by Mokkania on 4/23/2013 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

I wouldn't recommend watching this one. It's a trainwreck.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I haven't seen this mentioned yet so, Berserk.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I was never really a fan of the Mech animes but maybe it is good anyways

I'm not a fan of mecha either, and I really enjoyed it. Gurren Lagann is also one of the few mecha that I loved watching.

Also:
Psycho Pass
Cowboy Bebop
Gargantia of the Veridious Planet (seems to be shaping up as a solid action/drama)
Unlimited
Problem Children from Another World
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Beelzebub (sucks it ends)

Manga is still going, and the new arc is awesome.

freaking Himekawa just took down Tojou
Reply Quote

I wouldn't recommend watching this one. It's a trainwreck.

How so?
I'm pretty picky and overly critical (so I'm told) and I didn't think anything was wrong with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you haven't already seen it, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X is usually considered to be a pretty solid choice in terms of action, along with a fair bit of romance and drama (and some rather comedic moments, as well).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
To Aru Majutsu no Index
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

As a huge mecha fan, I'd recommend Gundam Unicorn. Plus there's some excellent ones out, like Valvrave for one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/25/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Drakmor
Beelzebub (sucks it ends)

Manga is still going, and the new arc is awesome.

freaking Himekawa just took down Tojou

I just can't get into manga sadly. If I was rich I'd pay them to continue the anime. I didn't even finish it. I got to like episode 57 knowing it was going to end on a bad note. So sad it was such a great show. What you said seems awesome lol. I really wish they'd continue the anime. It was probably the worst buzzkill I ever had while watching anime to see it die.

Watched it. Was Alright

Kenichi is Pure Shonen. Weak school boy learns Martial Arts and becomes strong. It's a well done one and the Masters who teach him Martial Arts are a fantastic bunch of over top Epic Martial Arts hero types.

I picked this up. Really enjoying it.

If you haven't already seen it, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X is usually considered to be a pretty solid choice in terms of action, along with a fair bit of romance and drama (and some rather comedic moments, as well).

Watched the first series but not Samurai X.

Deadman Wonderland (boy goes to prison for something done by a monster)

Watched and loved. Wish'd they continue it also.

see if you can find the Berserk tv series

Yea the thing about Berserk the TV series is I heard that it ended on a bad not. So I stopped watching it and then heard about the movies. I really enjoy the movies. I can look past the bad and see the good in them. They just come out slow.
Edited by Furytime on 4/26/2013 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
To Aru Majutsu no Index
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

As a huge mecha fan, I'd recommend Gundam Unicorn. Plus there's some excellent ones out, like Valvrave for one.

What are the 2 above about? The names do not give any description for me :p
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
To Aru Majutsu no Index
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

What are the 2 above about? The names do not give any description for me :p

they are linked series. English names would be
"Certain kind of Magical Index" and "Certain kind of scientific Railgun"

They are set in Academy City, a city created for the express purpose of advancing science and technology. All the most advance tech is made and tested here and the schools all teach children how to develop Psychic Abilities.

Index centers around a guy who is officially a level 0 (IE: No psychic powers) but turns out to have the power to negate any supernatural power just by touching them with his right hand. He finds himself mixed up with a Nun fleeing from evil Wizards, because she has memorized every magical book in existence.

Railgun centers around a girl who is a Level 5 Electrokinetic (level 5 being the highest level of Psychic ability) and her friends. Tends to focus a lot more on the scientific side of the city and taking out rogue psychics.

Index has 2 seasons and I think a Movie, Railgun has 1 Season and the 2nd one just started
(you can watch it on the Funimation web site) Between the two they have a pretty rich world developed. Index tends to deal with the Magical side of the world while Railgun dose the Science side but the two cross over frequently
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]