Patch notes 5.3 question relating to glyphs..

90 Human Priest
Just saw this from the 5.3 notes:

"Priest Glyphs: Glyph of Smite no longer causes the additional 20% damage dealt by Smite to transfer into Atonement."

This has me thinking that I should drop Glyph of Smite, which I currently run. Unless this isn't as big a nerf as I think it is.

Also, I'm thinking about picking up Glyph of Renew to replace it, but I rarely see it talked about and there's not a lot of info out there on the glyph. I was wondering if anyone was running it and if so, what their experiences were.
Reply Quote
Your Smite spell inflicts an additional 20% damage against targets afflicted by Holy Fire, but that additional damage does not get transferred by Atonement.

This means our 20% increase to smite will not work with atonement. Our 90% Atonement healing remains. We still inflict 20% more damage to those effected by Holy Fire/Solace, however we won't heal 20% more.

Notes: From the recent build. Atonement got 10% more healing!
Edited by Kinria on 4/24/2013 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/24/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Kinria
Your Smite spell inflicts an additional 20% damage against targets afflicted by Holy Fire, but that additional damage does not get transferred by Atonement.

This means our 20% increase to smite will not work with atonement. Our 90% Atonement healing remains. We still inflict 20% more damage to those effected by Holy Fire/Solace, however we won't heal 20% more.

Notes: From the recent build. Atonement got 10% more healing!

10% more healing but -10% healing overall. It went from 100% (currently) to 80% then back up to 90%. Combined with the smite nerf atonement is going to be garbage next patch.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Combined with the smite nerf atonement is going to be garbage next patch.

Really? You mean something that is far too effective now will somehow be garbage after a small nerf (which will do almost nothing to us on any damage modifier fight)? It's not like Atonement has been any sort of decent in PvP this patch, so the nerf won't do much for PvP.

So how do you figure?
Edited by Elethia on 4/25/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Monk
Small nerf?

23% nerf to smite healing
12% nerf to dps penance healing
10% nerf to holy fire healing

That's a small nerf?
Reply Quote
Your numbers come from where? And yes, it's a small nerf. Because maybe you didn't know this, but there are these spells called Gheal, PoH, PoM, I could go on but I wont. I hear those spells heal too. O_o

Maybe you should try using some of them...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Small nerf?

23% nerf to smite healing
12% nerf to dps penance healing
10% nerf to holy fire healing

That's a small nerf?

It's certainly nothing to be in a tizzy over. But given your strident posts in other threads, my understanding is that you have little to no interest in healing that does not involve pushing damage buttons. That's a shame, but it means that healing is probably not for you.

At no time have Discipline Priests or Mistweaver Monks been intentionally designed to heal primarily or exclusively through dealing damage.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
At no time have Discipline Priests or Mistweaver Monks been intentionally designed to heal primarily or exclusively through dealing damage.

Wish more people would realize this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Rex
atonement is still going to be the disc filler for 10s, and the filler 90% of the time for 25s. even if they nerf their atonement HPS with these changes, the damage they do is still too valuable.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Monk
Your numbers come from where? And yes, it's a small nerf. Because maybe you didn't know this, but there are these spells called Gheal, PoH, PoM, I could go on but I wont. I hear those spells heal too. O_o

I didn't role an atonement priest to play whack-a-mole

04/25/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Elethia
my understanding is that you have little to no interest in healing that does not involve pushing damage buttons.

Actually Fistweavers were meant for melee healing according to all sources pre and early MOP.

Guess I'm going back to rift. Chloro is a lot more functional, with a lot more abilities to use, and it's balanced.
Edited by Rottenmonk on 4/25/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest

04/25/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Elethia
my understanding is that you have little to no interest in healing that does not involve pushing damage buttons.

Actually Fistweavers were meant for melee healing according to all sources pre and early MOP.

Guess I'm going back to rift. Chloro is a lot more functional, with a lot more abilities to use, and it's balanced.

Can I have your stuff?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Monk

Can I have your stuff?

I give it all to my real life friends that play. <3
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

There's no such thing as an Atonement Priest. There never has been and, with any fortune, there never will be.

They were never meant to exclusively heal using Fistweaving.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Monk
04/25/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Elethia

There's no such thing as an Atonement Priest. There never has been and, with any fortune, there never will be.

They were never meant to exclusively heal using Fistweaving.

Monks were suppose to be original non whack-a-mole type of healing to combat chloromancers.

Hense, melee healers. If you read the news about Monks pre-release they go on about how Monks will be a new and exciting healer that doesn't rely on direct healing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Monks were suppose to be original non whack-a-mole type of healing to combat chloromancers.

Hense, melee healers. If you read the news about Monks pre-release they go on about how Monks will be a new and exciting healer that doesn't rely on direct healing.

Go ahead and link what you can find, because I can guarantee that Monks were, and I repeat, never meant to rely solely on Fistweaving.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If I may, can I get someone to address the second part of my question regarding Glyph of Renew? Would be interested to see if people think it makes the spell more functional.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Generally speaking, renew is garbage and a waste of a global for disc. I don't think using the glyph would change that fact.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/25/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Nysem

Wish more people would realize this.

^
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
If I may, can I get someone to address the second part of my question regarding Glyph of Renew? Would be interested to see if people think it makes the spell more functional.

Sorry about that!

If/when you're using Renew as Discipline, you'll be doing so exclusively on the tank (or, I suppose on someone else, if and only if you absolutely cannot stop, cannot Shield, cannot PoM and cannot Penance on the run). That makes the glyph relatively useless for us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]