If spell are going to change on raid size...

90 Troll Priest
mind buffing PoH and chain heal to have a range of 80 yard range in 10 man?

When you end up being forced to have range and melee in the same group, PoH rarely hit 5 target.

Same for chain heal, it's less efficient simply on account of being in a 10 man group.

Or you know, just don't change anything based on raid size, that's fine too :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So you'd want to stay stationary the entire fight without moving at all?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Preferably. I was personally hoping I could just tab out, watch some !@#$, then tab back in when my guild needs a Healing Tide.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Hum... groundspot?

Not the initial range, that could stay 40 yard, rather the effect range, so that everyone within 80 yard of my target PoH get hits.

Obviously it's a silly proposition, but it's not sillier than buffing raid CD in 25 man.
Reply Quote

He's not talking about the range of the Priest from target but rather in-group allies from the target.

Priest - (40y) -> Target - (80y) -> Other Group Members
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/24/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Meit

Hum... groundspot?

Not the initial range, that could stay 40 yard, rather the effect range, so that everyone within 80 yard of my target PoH get hits.

Obviously it's a silly proposition, but it's not sillier than buffing raid CD in 25 man.

04/24/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Amaravati

He's not talking about the range of the Priest from target but rather in-group allies from the target.

Priest - (40y) -> Target - (80y) -> Other Group Members

Yeah, realized that after posting. It would still make it a guarantee to hit 5 people which is still silly because PoH/CoH/WG isn't guaranteed to hit 5 people, and having a knee jerk counter to the CD buffs 25's are getting to buff spells used almost rotationally.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I actually find it best to have a melee in each group. For most fights it works out pretty well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As silly as this is, it's less stupid than what Blizzard is doing.

Might as well add Healing Rain to the list. 80 yard radius, please.
Edited by Kaels on 4/24/2013 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So raid cooldowns are being buffed so you want regular healing aoes buffed too?... Only if wild growth scales the same way =P

Tbh the raid cds scaling by group size is a decent idea since my Tranquility feels weak in a 25man due to the low target cap. Sure it will likely get a hot rolling on each person but it can be too late sometimes since it may take a while to place a heal which will then take even longer to take effect.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I always thought PoH was easier to use in 10m when I was doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
How is it easier to use? Unless your comparing LFR to 10 man raiding, in 25 man you can just ask the raid lead to group people by where there going, so all the range together and all the melee together. Where in 10 man I often find myself in situation where I can only heal 2-3 people in the group with PoH. Doing H iron quon atm feel just painful, in P1 I just end up using binding heal in most case, same for H ji-kun PoH is simply unusable.

I do agree that raid CD feel weaker in 25 man, but most 10 man group have 0-1 healer tranquility, where most 25 man have 1-3 tranquility.

10 and 25 man are different beast and you need to adapt the way you heal to it, but if they want to changed things, it makes no sense to only change them one way. Can I get a stronger cascade/halo cause it's going to heal less people in 10 therefore it should heal more every individual? No of course not >.>
Reply Quote
65 Gnome Death Knight
the "group" mechanic is a clunky, arbitrary holdover from vanilla. it should simply be cast on one target and heal them + nearest four to that target.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/25/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Meit
How is it easier to use? Unless your comparing LFR to 10 man raiding, in 25 man you can just ask the raid lead to group people by where there going, so all the range together and all the melee together. Where in 10 man I often find myself in situation where I can only heal 2-3 people in the group with PoH. Doing H iron quon atm feel just painful, in P1 I just end up using binding heal in most case, same for H ji-kun PoH is simply unusable.

I usually just cast it off the melee/tank and yelled at people if they were more than 30 yards away from the boss for no reason. Qon p1 isn't a great example because the heavy spurts of AoE damage will happen on just 3 people at a time so even with ideal positioning you're better off using PW:S and Atonement for healing most of the time. Same idea with Ji-kun, there's really not much reason for people to be that far from the melee pile with so much space to work with on 10m.

Can I get a stronger cascade/halo cause it's going to heal less people in 10 therefore it should heal more every individual? No of course not >.>

Well Halo does heal more per individual in 10m since it has a DR of either 6 or 10, I don't remember which, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I like this idea. 80 yard healing rain, plz.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
As silly as this is, it's less stupid than what Blizzard is doing.

Might as well add Healing Rain to the list. 80 yard radius, please.

I was totally going to suggest this as the shaman equiv! as a jk

Tell your ranged that when the boss mechanic is "/range 8"... it's "/range 8" not "/range 30". Just because they can spread out 30 yards apart doesn't mean they should. Just put a melee in each group and tell everyone they need to be within 30 yards of melee whenever possible or you'll kick them from the raid. There is plenty of room for that in 10 man.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Who's aoe heals are actually good on the fights you listed? Do druids easily get 6 people in shrooms and 4 in efflo? Do shamans easily get 6 players in healing raid. Do monks have ReM on all 10 players at that point? Can paladins hit 6 players with Holy Radiance?

Everyone's AoE heals break down during the spread. That's kind of the point of the fights though, to make healing not simply "spam AoE rotation until boss dies".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Who's aoe heals are actually good on the fights you listed? Do druids easily get 6 people in shrooms and 4 in efflo? Do shamans easily get 6 players in healing raid. Do monks have ReM on all 10 players at that point? Can paladins hit 6 players with Holy Radiance?

Everyone's AoE heals break down during the spread. That's kind of the point of the fights though, to make healing not simply "spam AoE rotation until boss dies".

Huuuuum in 25 man they do?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

Huuuuum in 25 man they do?

Yes, but the proposal is to boost things for shaman in 10s to counter the boost others are getting in 25s...

My personal feeling is that buffing cooldowns for 25s is more about deflating the value of adding more dps that can bring them than anything else. Too much mage qq about not having a raid cd costing them spots.

In 25s it makes sense to stack more dps tranqs and the like because it helps the healers more than the dps loss hurts. In 10 mans that isn't necessarily the case because the healer cds have much more OOMPH and you lose a higher percentage of overall dps to get more. For example, (self-buffed only) in 25s my revival hits in the low 40ks/target range but in 10s it hits for ~105k. One of those numbers is likely to extend your life beyond the next pulse or two of the boss aoe, the other is not. The other cds being buffed for 25 operate in a similar fashion if you look at total healing/raid size. On the other hand, dr effects such as barrier, slt, and devo aura already directly scale with the number of targets as each target gets the exact same effect. Note that shaman are the one healing spec that has cooldowns that fit in both camps (HST/HTT and SLT respectively) while the other specs only have 1 or the other. I suspect that is why shaman aren't included in the current proposed buffs.

All that said, I don't see a problem with doing something to address the problem shaman run into in 10s when the group is spread out by increasing ch jump range, hst healing range, and the like to be more equal to the spells other specs have available but I don't think buffing their cooldowns is the way to go about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]