Unholy nerfed, time to reroll

90 Orc Death Knight
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/237907-necrotic-bugged-apparently/

According to helinka, necrotic strike was bugged and didn't bypass res which resulted in necrotic stacks that were a little too high according to him. Now, if you test it on live they hit for 18k absorbs (full tyr gear), gg DKs
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Wow...

This sucks...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Did bypass*
Will be affected by resil.

Im wondering how this went under the radar until now for them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Did bypass*
Will be affected by resil.

Im wondering how this went under the radar until now for them.

I could have sworn that was an intended change in beta........
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It still stands that it should not have been nerfed at all, seeing that we were completely balanced. If something were to get nerfed it should've been dots. Now we have to use a death rune for something else -_-"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
It still stands that it should not have been nerfed at all, seeing that we were completely balanced. If something were to get nerfed it should've been dots. Now we have to use a death rune for something else -_-"

There is 0 reason to touch DoTs, they hit for maybe 20k every 3 second in pvp, Outbreak is the only thing that can apply both at range on a min CD, its absurd anyone is even talking about that.

With wars getting their major defensive buffs I'm expecting them to replace us outside RBGs again next season.

And the fact is, its not like at best we were the 5th ranked dps in PvP we most classes below us getting buffs, God forbid we nerf the top 4 who beat us by miles before we touch something that is balanced as is it.
Reply Quote
56 Troll Death Knight
I don't even like UH, but why would this happen?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This ISNT a nerf, same thing was posted on MMO-champ, this is bugged on the PTR, not on live. There are screenshots on MMO-champ in the DK section showing that it is perfectly fine on live.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
This ISNT a nerf, same thing was posted on MMO-champ, this is bugged on the PTR, not on live. There are screenshots on MMO-champ in the DK section showing that it is perfectly fine on live.

From Another: live today afternoon was 41k, now its 18k on same char without procs. no idea about ptr but it should be even less since you can get 70%+ res there... i guess its fair that our main strike hits for 40k in total with all procs in game and costs a death rune

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/237907-necrotic-bugged-apparently/page__st__20

There's a SS on page 1.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
people scream about unholy dk's mostly because they ae completely ignorant about how hard it is to setup a necrotic stack and keep it up.

One full cc and every stack will almsot certainly drop.

If this change goes live unholy is dead and frost is already in the grave, no pun intended.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
people scream about unholy dk's mostly because they ae completely ignorant about how hard it is to setup a necrotic stack and keep it up.

One full cc and every stack will almsot certainly drop.

If this change goes live unholy is dead and frost is already in the grave, no pun intended.

Then go play another class and stop complaining on a forum that developers don't read.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Then go play another class and stop complaining on a forum that developers don't read.

Valafor, home after a year of fighting the Undead Scourge, takes a seat before his computer. He tries to adjust his position a few times, exhaling a loud sigh. "Why does Blizzard curse humans to have such a straightened sitting position?" He thinks to himself, blue-black brows furrowed, the crinkle of his brow only serving to slowly create wrinkles over time. "It's no matter." He states aloud, shaking his head as his cold, dead fingers rest on his mouse, edging it toward his browser of choice. Automatically, he is set before the Death Knight forums. It pleases him, he finds even in his advanced age, that he was able to set it as his "Home Page." The man gives a chuckle; "No place like ho--" The words die in his throat as he stares wide-eyed at the screen. "U-Unholy nerfed, time to r-reroll?" With haste, he clicks and he waits-- waits for the page to load.

With an anguished cry, he slams a fist into the oddly placed crate beside him. It's less than jello to the might of his arm. The veins in his bicep pop as his plate-covered hand crashes through the boards. Splinters and nails fly off every which way, clattering to the floor or sticking into the weak walls of his home. He heaves another sigh, a snarl mixed in as he scrolls down the page-- before his gaze sweeps over Kontempt's post. With nothing better to do with this minute of time, he smashes his fist through another crate. For a fleeting moment, he wonders why he even has them-- before his attention's brought back to the more important matter at hand.

"WHAT FOOL DARES TO COMPLAIN IN A THREAD WHERE OTHERS HAVE SIMILAR COMPLAINTS!?" He roars, his fingers smashing into his keyboard. Only after he had sent the post did Valafor calm, allowing the waves of rage to slowly subside and die. He had put the other man in his place. He was sure of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/25/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Airwill

Valafor, home after a year of fighting the Undead Scourge, takes a seat before his computer. He tries to adjust his position a few times, exhaling a loud sigh. "Why does Blizzard curse humans to have such a straightened sitting position?" He thinks to himself, blue-black brows furrowed, the crinkle of his brow only serving to slowly create wrinkles over time. "It's no matter." He states aloud, shaking his head as his cold, dead fingers rest on his mouse, edging it toward his browser of choice. Automatically, he is set before the Death Knight forums. It pleases him, he finds even in his advanced age, that he was able to set it as his "Home Page." The man gives a chuckle; "No place like ho--" The words die in his throat as he stares wide-eyed at the screen. "U-Unholy nerfed, time to r-reroll?" With haste, he clicks and he waits-- waits for the page to load.

With an anguished cry, he slams a fist into the oddly placed crate beside him. It's less than jello to the might of his arm. The veins in his bicep pop as his plate-covered hand crashes through the boards. Splinters and nails fly off every which way, clattering to the floor or sticking into the weak walls of his home. He heaves another sigh, a snarl mixed in as he scrolls down the page-- before his gaze sweeps over Kontempt's post. With nothing better to do with this minute of time, he smashes his fist through another crate. For a fleeting moment, he wonders why he even has them-- before his attention's brought back to the more important matter at hand.

"WHAT FOOL DARES TO COMPLAIN IN A THREAD WHERE OTHERS HAVE SIMILAR COMPLAINTS!?" He roars, his fingers smashing into his keyboard. Only after he had sent the post did Valafor calm, allowing the waves of rage to slowly subside and die. He had put the other man in his place. He was sure of it.

You put quite a bit of effort in to that.

Again, what's the point of complaining in a forum that developers don't read? This belongs in the PvP forum or on twitter.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I actually put zero effort into it. Just something I like to do when complaining or responding to similar things. Bit of sugar helps the medicine go down, hm?

Anyway, I see your point, but you know you're going to see it if you come into a thread like this. Not exactly original stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
In my opinion Holinka is lying, and too many people were complaining about unholy so he decided to change it for them. Honestly I think doing this will destroy unholy, sure they will still have burst, but this is not a good change. Right now DKs are in a great state, also how could this have been under blizzards radar for so long? Does this mean none of them play DKs? Does this mean they are catering to the people who QQ about a balanced class?

Well, if we are forced back into frost we should be have our survival buffed and get an instant cc besides asphyxiate.
Reply Quote
In my opinion Holinka is lying, and too many people were complaining about unholy so he decided to change it for them. Honestly I think doing this will destroy unholy, sure they will still have burst, but this is not a good change. Right now DKs are in a great state, also how could this have been under blizzards radar for so long? Does this mean none of them play DKs? Does this mean they are catering to the people who QQ about a balanced class?

Well, if we are forced back into frost we should be have our survival buffed and get an instant cc besides asphyxiate.

Unholy has burst?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Unholy has burst?

I have a macro labeled "Swifty".

So yes
Reply Quote
52 Human Warrior
6:05
Comment From Cashmoneyinc
When will necrotic strike be fixed?

Desvin: We have a hotfix in the works to restore necrotic strike to its previous values on live. It wasn't meant to nerf them but fix a problem with necrotic strike and base resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This is working as intended tyvm, needed that stuff to be nerfed good riddens
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
This is working as intended tyvm, needed that stuff to be nerfed good riddens

Comment From Cashmoneyinc
When will necrotic strike be fixed?

Desvin: We have a hotfix in the works to restore necrotic strike to its previous values on live. It wasn't meant to nerf them but fix a problem with necrotic strike and base resilience.

^ I believe the devs disagree with you on 'working as intended', Fajaa. In any case, if what the twitter and Q&A said is true, then NS should be back to it's old self soon.
Edited by Metascourge on 4/25/2013 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]