I created a guild 2 weeks ago... need help

90 Tauren Hunter
OK, I am a GM of a level 25 alliance guild. I needed some time away from the guild and decided to play Horde on the same server. Then I decided to make a Horde guild. What I didn't know was that my server is 93% alliance. So, after 2 weeks of recruiting for the horde guild, I have a grand total of 12 characters in the guild ( 9 people ). Most of them are from my alliance guild.

Had I known that the server was 93% alliance, I probably would not have made a guild. What I am here for is hoping that you might have suggestions on how to get new people in the guild when my Horde guild is only level 3. I use a recruiting macro, but I don't spam it.

How can you entice people to join a level 3 guild these days?
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Mage
1) Does your guild have a focus/purpose? If not, find one, whether it's social, pvp, raiding, RP, or something else.

2) Do stuff as a guild that goes along with whatever your purpose is. If it's a raiding guild, raid--even if you have to PuG most of the spots. If it's a pvp guild, schedule pvp events for the guild. If it's a social/leveling guild, have guild dungeon runs, pet battle nights, transmog contests, etc.

3)This purpose and this stuff you're doing? Use it in your recruitment. Mention that you're having a pet battle night on Wednesday, or running dungeons on Thursday, or raiding on Friday. That way people can see that the guild actually does stuff, and that will make it much more appealing.

4) Along with your recruitment macro, post in the guild recruitment forum and your realm forum, and bump the posts every now and then. In game, when you're having an event that's open to non-guildies, post in trade and invite others to come along for the fun. That'll help get your name out there as a guild that does fun stuff.

5) After all of the above, don't worry about your guild level. People look for (and remain in) a guild that offers them what they're looking for. If I'm looking for a social guild that regularly does fun stuff, for example, and I find that guild...then I don't care whether it's level 1 or level 25.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/23/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Veganhunter
I needed some time away from the guild and decided to play Horde on the same server. Then I decided to make a Horde guild.

How can you entice people to join a level 3 guild these days?

All I can say is, why would you? As gm it's nice to have a place to get away from the guild. Our horde guild is specifically for our ally guildies to hang out for some quiet time; only a few of us go there, and it's fine that way.

But if you really want a second big guild to lead......then you have to be there, leading it. You have to offer some real perks, and being the horde-side of your ally guild won't be considered a big perk to most hordies, although you might....maybe....benefit by pointing out you're a bifactional guild. Offer events for leveling characters, maybe dungeon runs. Or, advertise on ally side for people who want a horde guild. The actual level of a guild is much less important than the community in that guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I needed some time away from the guild and decided to play Horde on the same server

after 2 weeks of recruiting for the horde guild, I have a grand total of 12 characters in the guild ( 9 people ). Most of them are from my alliance guild.

I'm curious as to why you want to grow the horde guild when you wanted a quiet place to spend time away from your GM responsibilites alliance side?

Why don't you and your alliance friends play your horde toons as and when you feel like without any pressures to grow or expand the horde guild? The growth will gradually happen as you all play and the guild will slowly level up.

This way you can all enjoy the quiet time if you need it and just chill.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Our Horde guild had quite a few members interested in the new Worgen race before Cata. We created an ally guild. Recruitment has worked if a player is willing to be Horde-based since we run one night per week ally and most activity is Horde. We run two nights per week on Horde, and one night on Ally. It's been fun to find out "the rest of the story."

On our Ally Night, we ran together as a guild. I watched guild xp jump. The recent changes for guild xp have made it even easier to reach level 25. Np really.

Horde/Ally balance does affect a server. Having some serious raiding guilds on the server helps trickle down mats for good pieces to the casuals.

The bottom line is as said already, if you want to build a guild both sides, you must commit your time and effort. You have to be there to greet people and meet their needs whether it be a friendly hello or an alt invite. It's no fun to play in a silent guild. I can only offer that one night per week. We had a person who was a good guild fit as a player, but he left being mainly Ally. We could not offer what he was looking for, and I wish him the very best.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
[quote]....

Why don't you and your alliance friends play your horde toons as and when you feel like without any pressures to grow or expand the horde guild? The growth will gradually happen as you all play and the guild will slowly level up.

This way you can all enjoy the quiet time if you need it and just chill.

This is the approach we decided on. Thanks all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]