Rp alliance or horde

Which do you prefer? I've been noticing a lack of Rp on alliance side....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
That's kind of a loaded question, especially for those of us who RP both sides. As for a lack of RP Alliance-side, I haven't had that problem, but I think it depends in part on what you're looking for. There's a lot of guild-based RP and a lot of RP-wPvP, and a lot of cross-guild RP, and a fair amount of cross-faction RP. It won't necessarily come walking up to you, tap you on the shoulder and say "Here I am!" though, you do have to seek it out a bit. Although a number of Ally-side guilds do public RP events -- GnomeTech springs immediately to mind, but there are others as well. If you involve yourself in the Ally-side RP community the RP becomes easier to find and to create, in my experience.

So um. What are you looking for?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
((

What the elf said.

))
Reply Quote
an active rp guild with cross faction rp with some rp with other guilds and guild events.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
I've seen more RP on alliance than horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
an active rp guild with cross faction rp with some rp with other guilds and guild events.

Well, I know Devilclaw Outlaws and Sentinels of the Blade are both active RP guilds, several of us RP with Fafen and other members of the Sentinels and attend their monthly event in Darnassus along with a lot of other folks who are in neither guild, and the Sentinels have cross-faction RP-PvP (that is, planned stuff, not just that they respond ICly when they get random wPvP), and several of us in DCO engage in a fair amount of cross-faction RP. I've also seen some stuff going on between the DCO and Champions of Light, though I haven't gotten involved in it as yet myself. House Blackstone has a weekly tavern night, as does DCO, and Gnometech frequently hosts public events that the put a lot of effort into. Their yearly prom, the fashion show they did a while back, a Winter Veil party etc -- they're always very invested and the events are a lot of fun. The Päck is an all-worgen guild that's heavy RP, so I'm sure they have a fair number of events, and I've had random RP with some of their members before. Not sure how much cross-faction they do, but at a guess I'd say that they probably engage in it at least in an RP-PvP way. That's all just off the top of my head.

Now, like I guess I kind of implied earlier, you do have to put yourself out there, and seek out what you're looking for. But my impression is that that's the same Horde-side -- I haven't seen any greater amount of random world RP Horde-side than I have Ally-side.

Who's your Alliance side toon?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
just hang out in the mage district near the bars.

what happens in the blue recluse stays in the blue recluse.
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warrior
The Blue Recluse is a bastion of sin.

That said, I am biased towards Horde RP because I run a guild there, so em. Of course I'm going to think the RP on that side is quality.
Reply Quote
Both
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
quantity? alliance. quality? horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
quantity? alliance. quality? horde.

People say that, but it hasn't been my experience.

My experience is that quality RP can be found with about as much ease both sides. I've seen a lot of poor RP Horde-side (and god knows Horde RPers complaining about bad Horde RP), and I get a lot of good RP Ally-side. There are good and bad RPers in both factions.

ETA: And to be honest, very little makes me less interested in trying to seek out or appreciate quality Horde RP than this kind of insulting comment towards the opposite faction's RP community. It's rude and I think entirely uncalled for.
Edited by Seyahat on 4/25/2013 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Pandaren Monk
As a new player to ED and the RP here. I can say that so far on Alliance side the RP is very clickish. If your not in the "IN" group within a RP guild people will RP and not invite you at all. I havent experienced RP on Horde side yet but for Alliance side so far as I am coming from Twisting nether I am very dissapointed........LONG LIVE DA CARTEL!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
As a new player to ED and the RP here. I can say that so far on Alliance side the RP is very clickish. If your not in the "IN" group within a RP guild people will RP and not invite you at all. I havent experienced RP on Horde side yet but for Alliance side so far as I am coming from Twisting nether I am very dissapointed........LONG LIVE DA CARTEL!!!!!!!!

If you've experienced this in DCO, I'm sorry for that. If you'll check our guild calendar, though, you'll find quite a few guild RP events to which all guild members are invited -- we have Tavern Nights every Tuesday, a Drunken Brawling event upcoming, a Bones event for members who are ready to move from New Blood to Prospect and members who want to come and watch (or support, or heckle), and a "Beach Party" trip to the Steam Pools early in May for R&R. Our guild chat MotD currently is a reminder of the beach party and the Bones event, and Araane typically starts announcingTavern Night in guild chat for about fifteen minutes before the event starts.

Now yes, some guild members have ongoing RP stories that don't lend themselves to inviting people not already involved, but surely that's understandable. But a good place to start is to come to one of our guild events and talk to people, and begin to make yourself known.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
((

Or just dress up as Ravenhul and Seya can kill you.

*shrugs*

))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
((

Or just dress up as Ravenhul and Seya can kill you.

*shrugs*

))

I actually don't spend that much time trying to kill him. I'd be dead of frustration myself by now if I did.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
((

Mmk.

So dress up as Ravenhul and ask Seya out on a date.

That should do it.

))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
((

Mmk.

That should do it.

))

You're sort of fixated on this, aren't you?
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
((

Mmk.

That should do it.

))

I didn't know your character and Ravenhul's were a thing!

Does his wife know?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

((

Tired and bored, my friend.

Tired and bored.

))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

I didn't know your character and Ravenhul's were a thing!

Does his wife know?

My character and Ravenhul's aren't a thing. Well, I mean there's a murderous sort of thing going on. He keeps trying to kill her and she keeps trying to not get killed. Hooves does know about that, and it's a source of great pain to Seya that Hooves consistently chooses Ravenhul's murderous insanity over Seya's life.

Seya thought they were friends. :'(
Edited by Seyahat on 4/26/2013 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]