Best healing class?

90 Undead Rogue
So I guess this isn't the best forum to post this question in but the PvP forums are a joke. It's just everyone !@#$%ing about other classes being OP. And in the raiding or healing forum I feel it would just get lost. I picked the priest forum cuz you guys are so holy and nice ;)

Anyway, as you could probably tell from my gear, I just reached 90 with this guy. Which makes him my 2nd 90. I've got this rogue (melee) and a lock (caster). And even though I fully plan on making this guy my main and gearing him up and Primarily PvPing with a couple LFRs here and there. I'm weird and actually enjoy leveling (except for 85-90 i'm so tired of that ^-*! already) and since I have a melee and a caster I want to level a healer to 90 now.

Just like my rogue I would mainly PvP but I would also PvE. During Vanilla WoW I raided with a resto shaman and call me weird I actually enjoy healing. I think PvP healing is extremely fun when it's in a competitive setting and you got a super geared warrior you are following and helping him destroy everything in his path.

Now, with that long and pretty much pointless intro out of the way here comes my question. What class is the best healing class for PvP? I've got both a Priest and a Druid mid 20s, a Pally mid 60s, and a Shaman at 85. Don't base this on the levels because leveling is the fun part. So what class do you girls think I should level?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
And here I thought the question was about raiding... anyway Disc priests are very strong in PvP right now. Are the best? Maybe... but you're asking the wrong question.

Whichever you have the most fun with will the best healer you could play. This is true because the more fun you have with a class the better you will become because you'll be more interested in playing that healer. (Really I've been 2.2k as disc when disc was terrible last season). Would suggest then that any healer can succeed.

Monks > all in RBGs right now.

Every healer is viable for arenas right now.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
"Best" is a constantly moving target, forget about that and worry more about the style you want to aim for.

Priests are in a funny spot right now where holy used to be terrible for PVP and is now starting to catch up, but both specs are fluctuating a lot. That might be good enough reason to check out a priest, since it's likely that they'll continue to have 2 different acceptable pvp healing specs instead of going back to discipline only.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've healed with every class except for monk at lvl 90. For arenas, my personal favorite is Holy Paladins. For battlegrounds, I love holy priest. As a matter of fact, I think they are the most underrated. They do have versatile heals, so I don't think many people have the patience to learn how to play holy priest fully. for example, I notice many priests will use the same chakra no matter what situation they are in. But switching chakras is important for maximizing healing output and/or survive ability. The biggest downfall for holy priests is that they go oom easier then, say a druid or a shaman. On the other hand priests do have quite a few ways to regain mana. I'm also not a fan of discipline priests, because holy pallys are so much more superior. I would say monk has the best heals just because they don't look too difficult to play by what I've seen, and they have a large heal output. But for me, holy priest has had the highest numbers when I heal compared to other classes. But this is just my experience as a group healer in BGs and RBGs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
These threads crack me up. To answer your question, its not the priest. Pick a class that has some cc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
These threads crack me up. To answer your question, its not the priest. Pick a class that has some cc.

Sort of this.

Shadowark made a very long post which looks very informative (TL;DR srry <3).

In my opinion (given my experience in PvP), I find that Shaman or Resto druid are the best 2 healers for PvP. I say this because they're always welcome to RBGs for the most part and have strong arena comps. Disc priest for example (typically) can't play with a Warlock or Spriest (both of whch are very strong atm).

Holy Paladin atm is a very bad choice as Mages and other DPS roll them without a bubble (I feel bad for them as my Mage kills them in a Deep Freeze)..

MW Monk atm isn't very strong in Arena but is a MUST HAVE for RBGs. Their Ring of Peace, dispels, and heals are outstanding but in Arena they're fairly squishy and very CC-able.

Disc as I stated is good but the strongest comps revolve around a Hunter or a Mage. If you don't know a good one you're going to be working very hard running odd comps and sitting around 1800 MMR. I could go into FAR more detail about playing Disc in either PvP scenario (as I play one) but I think I answered your question somewhere in this wall of text.

Shamans (in my opinion) are absolute BS. Between their 30 yard Interrupt, Tremor Totem, Grounding Totem, Windwalk Totem, Hex, and Ghost Wolf, they are VERY strong healers with unrivaled utility in arena. Furthermore, their Mastery is the strongest amongst healers.

Druids are good healers but they require players to roll hots. Their Direct healing is the lowest of the 5 which can make it difficult to survive high damage bursts without going into Tree form.

I hope that sheds some insight into the classes.

TL;DR:
Arena: Resto Shaman > Resto Druid > Disc Priest > HPal > Monk
RBG: MW Monk > Resto Shaman > Resto Druid > Disc = HPal
Edited by Angeless on 4/25/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Yep, monks ring of peace with vortex beam/silence and DK's grip. GG RBGS
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Best healing class is whatever you excel at. At one point or another every class is on top of the heap, but if you have intimate knowledge of your class and use spells appropriately, any class can be good.

On that note, holy pallies will always be annoying to kill.
Edited by Traumadoll on 4/25/2013 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Best healing class is whatever you excel at. At one point or another every class is on top of the heap, but if you have intimate knowledge of your class and use spells appropriately, any class can be good.

On that note, holy pallies will always be annoying to kill.

How are Holy Paladins that difficult to kill? They're balanced around their bubble which any warrior or priest can take care of. The healer with the most utility without question is the Resto Shaman. More utility = better in arena. This explains why RPS is so insane this patch in 3's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]