Healing Sphere Help!

I understsand that they are incredibly useful. I try and pre-set them when I know they won't expire between the lull in damage I'm taking, and when things start to get nuts. My problem is trying to use them while "actively" (read: busily) tanking and monitoring other things. I find the two-click mechanic (hit a keybind for the reticule, then click to place) akward at best unless I'm literally standing there with shuffle running and waiting for the damage to hit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I got.... reamed out by horridon last week and would like to do better.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
If you're actively tanking, they aren't worth using (barring lei shi.)
Edited by Thrud on 4/23/2013 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I got.... reamed out by horridon last week and would like to do better.

100% guaranteed that any issues with horridon (or any other boss on ToT) have NOTHING to do with healing spheres usage
Reply Quote
My only issues seem to happen right at the start of a swap or pull when I have no vengence up to really get a strong Expel harm, or gift of the ox orbs avaliable. I'm thinking (in 20/20 retrospect of course) that I should have been using dampen harm on the pull.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
if you mean on the last phase, then yes, you should be pulling with something life DH just to be safe.

you can use EB stacks as well (which you'll probably have). The "swap" is the only dangerous part really. After that you just keep your cds rolling use guard on direcall, collect GotO orbs and expel harm if you get hit twice in a row .. and there's really no secret.
Reply Quote
Nope, got worked on the first fresh pull as well, I feel so wierd blowing cds left and right on my monk when my bear (with just a few ilvl points over this guy) was fine until about 5 stacks of puncture.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nope, got worked on the first fresh pull as well, I feel so wierd blowing cds left and right on my monk when my bear (with just a few ilvl points over this guy) was fine until about 5 stacks of puncture.

Try chaining your cooldowns and opening the pull with DH, like you mentioned before.

Your absolute highest priority is to get shuffle up and keep it up whenever you have aggro. I know it sounds basic, but from what I see on these forums, that's the root of a lot of tanking problems for monks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
I'm ashamed to say that I've never tanked Horridon. My pally tank just solo tank's him all the way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]