Question about T15 gear,

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
This feels like a silly question but should I be aiming for getting my tier pieces or pass them on to guildies and choose the off-pieces with more favourable stats?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Go with the better stats, the set bonus isn't as good as it was with t14.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Speak for yourself.

I'm in love with the 2 piece bonus, its flavor is great.

In addition after beating on a target dummy for a while the fallen zandalari's were doing 4-5% of my total damage. It scales down on multiple target encounter's obviously, or bosses where your uptime isn't great, but still very valuable to me. And soul reaper KMs for another 10%? Yes please.

Edit: Just did Durumu in LFR with 1 stack of determination. Randy Zandies did 2.8m, Ebon Gargoyle did 2.83m, Timmy did 5.9m, and I did 40.4m.

To put it in perspective, that is around 5.4% of my total damage.
Edited by Buquethead on 4/25/2013 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
For DPS, yes get your 2pc and 4pc. Whether or not the vanq token is more valuable to someone else in your raid group is dependant on your raiders/comp.

For tank, get your 2pc but after that let DPS/heals get the tier since tank 4pc isn't good.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The 2 and 4 sets for dps are AMAZING. There are parses that show the zandalari from the 2 set doing 10m+ to horridon. Over a 10 minute fight, that is atleast 16k dps. The 4p is equally as good with your ability to execute for nearly half the fight lol...

You know, im actually not sure about the tanking 4 set... It actually looks really good. Given a 10 minute fight, keeping your bone shield on cd,
(15rp*6charges)10mins)=900RP
(900/30)=30 rune strikes
30*2=60 blood charges= 12 death strikes
Not sure how much better the offset gear is than the tier, but i think 12 DS > stats on gear. any thoughts?

Its actually the 2 set im not too excited about. Over the same 10 minute fight, with 850k hp, youd heal for a total of 2.55 million if it was used on cd perfectly. This would save a fraction of your healer's mana and boost your healing done a tad but i dont see this saving your life at all. Sure a free 10% heal as an "oh !@#$ i have nothing" button might buy you time to ds, but we can already do that without the tier. As a dk, our job is to even out our damage, not decrease total damage taken. I would get the 2 piece just because i need it to have a 4 piece.
Edited by Azulonyx on 4/24/2013 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You know, im actually not sure about the tanking 4 set... It actually looks really good. Given a 10 minute fight, keeping your bone shield on cd,
(15rp*6charges)10mins)=900RP
(900/30)=30 rune strikes
30*2=60 blood charges= 12 death strikes
Not sure how much better the offset gear is than the tier, but i think 12 DS > stats on gear. any thoughts?

Its actually the 2 set im not too excited about. Over the same 10 minute fight, with 850k hp, youd heal for a total of 2.55 million if it was used on cd perfectly. This would save a fraction of your healer's mana and boost your healing done a tad but i dont see this saving your life at all. Sure a free 10% heal as an "oh !@#$ i have nothing" button might buy you time to ds, but we can already do that without the tier. As a dk, our job is to even out our damage, not decrease total damage taken. I would get the 2 piece just because i need it to have a 4 piece.

I'd rather have better optimized gear or the dps 2 set for increased tank dps. I'm not always using BS as soon as it comes off CD since sometimes I'll keep it for w/e is coming up that I'll need it on.

The 2 pc is fine, not having to sit on a B rune up for a rune tap is nice. A bonus to VB would've been better but I'm not going to complain too much about T15 2pc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]