Wyrmrest Accord Atmosphere?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
My guild is pondering a move from Twisting Nether to a large population server. We are (we feel, anyway) somewhat unique in our atmosphere and expectations. We're very tight knit, we raid but are realistic about people's real life commitments--we just want people to show up when they sign up. What really makes us different is our desire for an atmosphere that isn't made up of arrogant jerks, and marinated in hate-speech/racism/homophobia/sexism.

Because of this, combined with our desire to actually raid and do decently at it, we've jumped servers a few times, but stuck to low population. This has created a big problem for us with recruiting, and we've scraped the bottom of the barrel on two servers so far. We feel like we have a better chance of finding good fits for our guild family if we have more people to recruit from.

So what I want to know is this ... what's the atmosphere and general feeling of Wyrmrest Accord? Of course there are always going to be trade channel trolls, but we don't really want to pay to move to a server where trade channel trolling drenched in misogyny and other nastiness is 99% of what is said. Give me the scoop, so we can protect our bleeding heart souls. ;)
Reply Quote
In my opinion, it's very much like an extended family. You've got the jerks and the black sheep but that happens everywhere. There are friendly and not-so-friendly rivalries that spring up from time to time but in general, people tend to get along. It's definitely been one of the most welcoming and mature servers I've been on over the years. There's also a low tolerance for sexism in general, I find. It pops up of course but it's not prevalent.

Of course, as a Role Play server, there are additional rules that people are expected to follow if they roll here. Do that and it’s all gravy. You guys should come check it out! Just roll a few alts and come hang out in trade and stuff to chat with people and see how it goes
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I actually met my husband through RP (albeit not on WoW) four years ago, so we are RP savvy. :) How much RP actually happens on the server? I've never gotten into RP in WoW, but have always wanted to try it.

How about the economy on the server?

Is there a decent population of people who are looking to raid in addition to RP, or is the focus strongly RP only?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
I can’t speak for the raiding situation or the economy, but I do agree with Daliah that WrA for the most part has a low tolerance against misogyny and hate speech. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but the players who think it’s perfectly acceptable to toss that kind of vocabulary around usually make themselves easy to spot – and ignored.

Roleplay is plentiful on both sides, and a lot of people will tell you that no one side is “better” than the other, the factions have their own different approach. Then again,I'm so busy blue side I rarely get a chance to visit Horde and check things out.

I will say that there are a good number of players interested in raiding, but the raiding attitude seems to be casual for the most part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
We're fine with casual attitude in terms of being friendly and not being arrogant and unpleasant in our raids. Mostly we just want people to actually show up when they say they will be there, and not expect a guaranteed raid spot if they can't be there consistently. To me, those are more about being courteous and respectful of other people's time ... but apparently I am the minority in thinking that way, if my recent experience in raiding is any indication. ;)
Reply Quote
I'm new to the server and I must say that so far, I've only met friendly people. Nothing bad to say about it. I can't talk about the economy much, but from what I heard about certain realms who can barely find anything in the AH, I think we are doing pretty good on W/A.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I've been on the server for about a week(?) now, having come from Winterhood and Moon Guard. I'm still shocked by how friendly this server is for being so large (it's kind of like flying from New York to London and having strangers greet you on the street). Lots of good friendly people. Lots to do. Progression is respectable. Good recruitment base. And guilds a plenty (more than listed in the guild directory in this thread) that do everything across the gamut. The economy is solid too.

Roll an orc, run over to Org, check out trade, look at the AH, talk to some guilds recruiting. You'll like what you see.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
To me, those are more about being courteous and respectful of other people's time ... but apparently I am the minority in thinking that way, if my recent experience in raiding is any indication. ;)

See, you're exactly the type of person I would love to raid with xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
See, you're exactly the type of person I would love to raid with xD

Well, if you ever wanna walk on my side of the faction divide! ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Aves! You sound like a kindred spirit and in fact your guild sounds much like mine! I would like to encourage your guild to move to WrA... of all the realms I've been on, this is the best that I've seen. Most are friendly and keep to themselves... Respect them and they'll respect you.

<Proven> is a raiding guild too for the most part and we have the same attitude toward RL... I believe your guild would be a great asset to this server by showing that PvE & PvP can peacefully coexist with RP. In fact... if you are interested, <Proven> is throwing a transmog contest on Saturday, April 27th (The day after tomorrow!) at 5-8 pm server time... It'll be in the Bazaar in Silvermoon City. Even if you aren't competing we would love to have people show up and hang out :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Well, I'm progressively more sold on WrA.

I've been in trade chat less than an hour and I already wrote a haiku about refrigerators.

Nice to hear there are some like minded raid guilds around! I need to redo Aves' transmog. She looks a mess right now. I know I left those Vestments of the Shifting Sands around here somewhere ...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I love this realm..and do hope you come over...unfortunately I dont raid...due to some horrendous experiances on another server that cured me...but I have found the folks on WrA on both faction pretty nice and helpful
Reply Quote
I decided to try an experiment Alliance side last night to see how good of a community it was. I created a fresh character with no heirlooms, walked around and people generally want to roleplay with you without even trying. It shocked me considering Horde RP is cliquish.

I even got some friendly assistance in terms of bags and gold to get started. I was shocked at how kind people were willing to be. I mean, I've been Horde since BC and rarely see this kind of thing Horde side. Nowadays people in trade tend to jump anyone who asks for any assistance or trolls you all day. Kind of a good change of pace.

So if you're looking for a good community, friendly people and those who want to raid I'd go Alliance. Horde seems like they are always pissed about something. Take it from someone with experience since the server opened up. It's not always sunshine and daisies Horde side. Can't say the same for Alliance but you're more welcomed there than Horde side imo on WrA.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
So if you're looking for a good community, friendly people and those who want to raid I'd go Alliance. Horde seems like they are always pissed about something. Take it from someone with experience since the server opened up. It's not always sunshine and daisies Horde side. Can't say the same for Alliance but you're more welcomed there than Horde side imo on WrA.

It's true, but honestly, both sides are about equal when it comes to the general population. The server on the whole has an excellent community, so no matter -which- side you choose, I think you'll enjoy it.

Of course, I think that Horde is the right choice, cause red goes much better in outfits than blue.
Reply Quote
For what it's worth, I've never found horde to be cliquish. If I want to RP, I have always been able to find some.

As to this:
I even got some friendly assistance in terms of bags and gold to get started. I was shocked at how kind people were willing to be. I mean, I've been Horde since BC and rarely see this kind of thing Horde side. Nowadays people in trade tend to jump anyone who asks for any assistance or trolls you all day. Kind of a good change of pace.

I can absolutely guarantee it happens horde side as well. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
How about the economy on the server?

Could be better, many things are inflated as to be expected with a populate RP server but it's okay. I can't really say how it is since this expansion since I haven't played on a non-RP server or a server that actually contained little to no RPers in a few years now. Blackwater Raiders was my last server but due to the activity and the quickly dying number of RPers the economy was low and cheap all around. Definitly not the case here.
Reply Quote
The economy is standard RP fare as far as I know. Popular transmog items are super expensive even if they're level 10, for example. Battle pets are also pretty expensive... and I'm pretty sure there are a few people duping them considering the number of extremely rare pets on the AH (in multiples from the same person) at any given time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The economy is standard RP fare as far as I know. Popular transmog items are super expensive even if they're level 10, for example. Battle pets are also pretty expensive... and I'm pretty sure there are a few people duping them considering the number of extremely rare pets on the AH (in multiples from the same person) at any given time.

Although keep in mind rare pets/TCG pets do pop up on the BMAH, so anyone with a few alts on a couple servers and some luck/gold could get a few of the same pets depending on the month.
Reply Quote
While that is certainly true, there are pets that are not available on the BMAH that sometimes show up on the regular AH in sextuplets from the same person. I'm intentionally avoiding specifics because that would kind of be a callout, but... yeeeeah.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
While that is certainly true, there are pets that are not available on the BMAH that sometimes show up on the regular AH in sextuplets from the same person. I'm intentionally avoiding specifics because that would kind of be a callout, but... yeeeeah.

Granted, I was just pointing out a possibility. It's still very likely there are pets being duped, like that whole fiasco with the steed from the Shadowmourne chest ._ .

Anyhow on topic, the WRA market is pretty busy. Like it's been said, Xmog is a huge seller but glyphs/gems are also pretty big profit turners, and cooking mats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]