Who Is Dominating The Role of Healer?

I am and have been a priest for a long time, I spent a lot of time switching from toon to toon and account to account trying to figure out my niche and once I got a hold of healing I knew what i was good at. Personally i've tested all the healers (whom i have one of each at least level 80 or higher) and grouped with a multitude of various co-healers. I would personally say that as of now here is how I rank the healers:

Holy Paladins
Discipline Priests
Holy Priests
Restoration Shamans
Restoration Druids = Mistweaver Monks

Keeping in mind that this is only based on my personal experience and my opinion and that, of course, all healers performance may vary based on gear, player skill/ play style and how it compliments their class and fight mechanics, and the situational use of abilities; I just wanted to know if other people felt the same way. Who they think the dominating healing class is and why; and perhaps some additional information if they so choose to share.

I personally think paladins are on top thanks to their raw healing power in addition to preventative measures their mastery takes against incoming damage. I believe that disc priests commonly follow because of a similar reason in that they eat the damage before it happens as a base mechanic. I would say holy priests follow because they have great raw healing potential and fantastic raid and trickle heals that they can throw about; i think that their variety of abilities also makes it easier and more efficient to heal a group under a variety of stresses. I think restoration shamans follow in these steps but lack as great of a variety as a holy priest in addition to their mastery (in my opinion) reducing their overall effectiveness of healing when it comes to preventative measures or trickle healing because it heals a target by a greater amount when the target is at a lower health. This however (in my eyes) means that they are great with clutch healing. I think druids fall behind these classes (most commonly) because they don't have variety or many efficient "smart heals" they help in specific situations (especially when clutching). Lastly I think that while monks do have good healing, their constant switching with the target they are channeling into sometimes makes it difficult "spread the love" although renewing mists can typically do a fine job.

Like I said, this is all just my opinion and it's not to say any one healing class is bad, I'd just like the communities assistance in gauging the classes healing capabilities, pros/cons, and possible improvements and/or bugs with each and every healing class for fun (Just curious ;P) ; all contributions are appreciated. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I don't really understand the purpose or need for this thread. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't really understand the purpose or need for this thread. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Yeah, this is how I feel.

Why are people ALWAYS trying to form some sort of ranking system for healers? Why?

We're all different, we do different things ,bring different CD's, have different stat priorities and we all play differently.

It's a futile and pointless thought exercise.
Reply Quote
Like I said its just for fun, I realize perfectly well that different healers all bring different things to their group. I just want to gauge the communities opinion on each individual class or the classes in general. A thread like this could be very useful to somebody deciding on a healer as well; think of it as a class breakdown for the uneducated.

Why is a healer good?
Why are they bad?
What can they offer?
Why would somebody pick that?
how do you use them?
is one kind of use more effective than others?
What does their endgame healing look like?
are they fun?
etc. etc.

A lot of question that can easily be answered in a short synopsis of a class via each persons perspective, not necessarily to rank as much as it is to depict; perhaps the thread title is innapropriate :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You are seriously underestimating Mistweavers. I'd put them right behind paladin/priests.
Reply Quote
Why do you think? Pros/cons? :o
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Actually, I suspect you're trolling and trying to start yet another flame thread.
Reply Quote
Not at all, i'm very serious :-/ i'd like to know the communities opinions on all the healers and their mechanics and even why they like them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ah, that would be why you titled the thread "Who is Dominating the Role of Healer?" then. I was confused at first.
Edited by Evry on 4/25/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Not at all, i'm very serious :-/ i'd like to know the communities opinions on all the healers and their mechanics and even why they like them.

As Evry said, your title would seem to indicate otherwise.

As for the questions you claim to have, you could, you know, just read the forums instead of once again - like everyone else - asking people "which healer is the best healer?!"
Edited by Tiriel on 4/25/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Of course i read through the forum, I thought a collective thread would be convenient and maybe nice for people to share their experiences and opinions here; please try to keep any more off topic posts to a minimum, thank you!
Reply Quote
Ranking me at the same level as a RDruid?

WELL I NEVER!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Of course i read through the forum, I thought a collective thread would be convenient and maybe nice for people to share their experiences and opinions here; please try to keep any more off topic posts to a minimum, thank you!

There's already a thread covering this. It's stickied.
Edited by Tiriel on 4/25/2013 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't intend for its sole purpose to be help choosing a healer, please contribute to the topic or refrain from posting, thank you.
Edited by Lifè on 4/25/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

WELL I NEVER!

/pat Shh it's okay, being on the bottom isn't so bad!

(that sounds dirtier than I intended)
Reply Quote

WELL I NEVER!

Haha tell me why your class is awesome then!
Reply Quote

WELL I NEVER!

My name is Geefers and I play a Monk
Reply Quote
Lets talk about Class mechanics and personal experiences and not post irrelevant information, thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was going to re-roll a druid actually. Paladins really aren't that good
Reply Quote

This is why people think you are trolling. Had you spent 5 minutes actually looking around the forums and/or World of Logs, you would have no need need to ask this question at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]