Who Is Dominating The Role of Healer?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
rising up to the challenge of a rival.

Alright. I need a rival. who wants to be my rival?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
rising up to the challenge of a rival.

Alright. I need a rival. who wants to be my rival?

the anti-tiger
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The nega-tiger.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Absolutely....not.

We are here as one. Priests, Druids, Monks, Pallys, and Shammys-- We're ALL healers. And we have one thing in common here at the Healing sub-forum: We want you to think for yourself.

"Dominating" is a silly term, and reflects poorly on the OP. If they wanted to know a bit about each class, they could have asked in a manner than was more straightforward and friendly. Instead, once again, they want to put us against our fellow healers and we're sick of it.

No healer is decidedly better than any other healer. Yes, we all have our tool kit issues (some of us too strong, some of us too weak, some of us too clunky), but we have one great thing in common: we heal stuff.

And it's pointless and rather misleading to try and rank us on some arbitrary system.

Meters are trivial comparatively to the other tools available for analyzing performance.

The question to "who is the strongest healer" is not answerable. Some of us make judgement by meters, some of us by representation, some of us by CD's. In the end, the best healer is the healer you enjoy playing.

So in short, we're sick of this ludicrous threads that do nothing but invite animosity between the classes of healers.

Quoted for truth.

The kind of attitude displayed by the thread title is why many guilds no longer have healing teams and instead have separate players bent on doing little more than sniping every heal they possibly can to look better on the meters. Healing is a team sport, and always has been, but we, as healers, are more focused on the meters than we have ever been before.

People forget that we are not DPS. We're healers! We don't just fight the boss. We fight Joe Bob Rogue who can't seem to figure out where his feint button is. We fight Dubya, the Arcane Mage who feels that Ice Barrier is a DPS loss. We fight the tank that doesn't quite know when his CDs are. We fight the Hunter that doesn't know how to disengage. Every fight is new, every fight is different because we're not just tanking the boss, we're tanking the whole freaking raid.

Threads like this turn it into a situation where we're also fighting each other, and I just don't think that is a good place for healers as a whole to be. Everyone brings different things to the table. As a Priest, I have weaknesses in my toolkit. My weaknesses are my co-healers' strengths. My co-healers have weaknesses. Their weaknesses may be my strengths. No healer is healing in a vacuum. We're healing on a team. We're part of a whole, and I, for one, am sick to death of threads that turn us against each other.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Absolutely Tiriel.

There's a reason when you watch progression guild kills that the dps are grabby for loot, yet healers go "oh no, you should take it" to one another. It's because we act as a unit.

What's good for one of us, is ultimately good for all of us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Now the op might have not chose words you agree with in their title, they said multiple times that it was just their opinion and wondered what other people thought. This is a public forum last i checked. Pretty sure they don't need to run their ideas past the committee before posting.

I was guilty of this in the past but a wise man told me if you don't agree with someones point and don't have anything constructive to say, then don't bother posting in a thread.

But you all have every right to validate my earlier statement.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Now the op might have not chose words you agree with in their title, they said multiple times that it was just their opinion and wondered what other people thought. This is a public forum last i checked. Pretty sure they don't need to run their ideas past the committee before posting.

I was guilty of this in the past but a wise man told me if you don't agree with someones point and don't have anything constructive to say, then don't bother posting in a thread.

But you all have every right to validate my earlier statement.

An opinion is fair, but by what arbitrary scale shall we judge healers? By the amount of tigers they have? (As the so called trolls in this thread have carried on about). Meters? Rankings?

It's as impossible as it is futile and worthless.

It's like asking something that does not have an answer because it's so entirely silly, and being mad when you don't get an answer.
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/26/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can I get a DRAGON! Its ability will be eating tigers whole, then giving me that tiger's life.
Or a unicorn. Because they are pretty.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Can I get a DRAGON! Its ability will be eating tigers whole, then giving me that tiger's life.
Or a unicorn. Because they are pretty.

Nope.

We're only protesting for tigers this patch. NEXT patch is dragons.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You gotta admit Tiriel, tigers are the best healers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fine. I just wanted to be op again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
By the amount of tigers they have? (As the so called trolls in this thread have carried on about)

This is the only reasonable metric here.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Am I too late for the tiger party here D:
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Am I too late for the tiger party here D:

Never too late to the tiger party my friend!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
tiger army? or are we not emo enough for that?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mistweavers can be incredibly strong, ours does wonders on Tortos and Council.
Reply Quote
tiger army? or are we not emo enough for that?

I can add more /hair swish if need be.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mistweavers can be incredibly strong, ours does wonders on Tortos and Council.

I'm scared, after blizzard stops being on a crusade to nerf disc priests/holy pallys. They'll probably target monks next
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
this thread needs to be nerfed
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is my point exactly. As a Resto Druid of 5 years, I've never been number one on the healing charts, ever but when by myself in dungeons, I keep the group alive, and we keep moving. I can fix some stupid mistakes that people in the group do because I am aware, but when a new Druid comes in, and everybody is dying left and right, I can't help but wonder if the group was carried by their Healer all this time with their "I've never had to move out of it before?" well that's because you had a really geared healer before that saved you from your mistake.

For exampled, I was playing my mage at the time, leveling her in a dungeon, Pandaria dungeon, this healer was a Druid, the only people that didn't die was the healer, and the tank, the healer was doing their job in keeping the tank up, and I noticed my mistakes right away like "why I didn't jump?" or "why didn't I move out of that?". In defense of that healer, when a DPS expressed their negative opinion of how the healer "sucked" I kindly pointed out my own fault as DPS for not jumping when I should have. I missed all jumps for I wasn't doing my part. All the DPS were dead as the healer and Tank were alive on that last boss of brewery, and I guess because I admitted my faults, the druid decided to BR me, we had a Shaman, too who was best DPS, but the Druid chose me, and I Timewarped to help speed up the process because the fight lasted longer then 10mins because DPS were down, but I guess because I didn't blame the healer for my mistakes, they liked me, IDK.

My point is, sometimes some healers aren't geared up or aren't given the chance to heal. I still find myself to be a good healer, regardless of being on the bottom of the list.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]