Who Is Dominating The Role of Healer?

90 Pandaren Priest
I have been avoiding this thread because of its title, but I finally clicked on it and find out it is about tigers.

Is there a ticket or something, how do i get a number? I want to sign up for the tiger.
Is there an application, do I need to write an essay?

Dear Tiger application committee,

I am a panda and as such should have a tiger.
Thank you for the tiger I know you will grant me.

Yours Truly,

Sassinak
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tigers are the greatest
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
tigers numero uno
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Whoah, wait, so Pandas get tigers?

I want a tiger please.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I will race change for a tiger.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Based on 10 mans

Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Mistweaver
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Holy Priest

Also there is no harm in asking for a list. Why would you want to play roulette on a healing class without doing your homework first. That's just dumb. Liking what you play is part of it, but so is performance.
Reply Quote
Based on 10 mans

Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Mistweaver
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Holy Priest

Also there is no harm in asking for a list. Why would you want to play roulette on a healing class without doing your homework first. That's just dumb. Liking what you play is part of it, but so is performance.

i agree except i think it should be
holy paladin
disc priest
holy priest
mistweaver
resto druid
resto shaman

for 10 mans 25s are compleatly different in that resto druid and resto shamman switch places
Edited by Kezic on 5/5/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can pretty much throw any of the healers in a hat and draw them out one by one. First being best and you could argue its right. Personally i would put Holy priest = Mistweavers as 1. Disc priest get so much credit because they are still FOTM. Most Disc priests don't even know how to play Holy, but a good Holy priest is better than anything else. Holy priests have more tools in their kit than any other class in the game. They are truly the "healer" spec of wow. Mistweaver's are strong, Holy pally's and Disc Priests are strong as well. Resto Druids are absolutely amazing for anytime you need to take less healers to a raid. In that retrospec you could argue Resto druid is the best healer in the game. Resto Sham is only on bottom, well, because someone has to be bottom. They are the worst healing class of the game right now. But in basketball terms, its like saying Larry Bird is worse than Michael Jordan, Kareem, Magic and Lebron. Someone has to be 5th on the list.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
As a resto druid I only feel weak when there there is barely any healing to be done, and there are shields going around everywhere.

I don't have any problems being right up there at the top on any fight where there is actually healing to be done, which is most of the fights that matter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
this thread is entirely too serious for my liking now
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
tigers anyone?

I think that's the main thing wrong with every class right now. No tigers.

Time for quadriage healing .... tiger is now in raid comp.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
this thread is entirely too serious for my liking now

needs more tigers
Reply Quote
32 Human Paladin
Absolutely....not.

We are here as one. Priests, Druids, Monks, Pallys, and Shammys-- We're ALL healers. And we have one thing in common here at the Healing sub-forum: We want you to think for yourself.

"Dominating" is a silly term, and reflects poorly on the OP. If they wanted to know a bit about each class, they could have asked in a manner than was more straightforward and friendly. Instead, once again, they want to put us against our fellow healers and we're sick of it.

No healer is decidedly better than any other healer. Yes, we all have our tool kit issues (some of us too strong, some of us too weak, some of us too clunky), but we have one great thing in common: we heal stuff.

And it's pointless and rather misleading to try and rank us on some arbitrary system.

Meters are trivial comparatively to the other tools available for analyzing performance.

The question to "who is the strongest healer" is not answerable. Some of us make judgement by meters, some of us by representation, some of us by CD's. In the end, the best healer is the healer you enjoy playing.

So in short, we're sick of this ludicrous threads that do nothing but invite animosity between the classes of healers.

Quoted for truth.

The kind of attitude displayed by the thread title is why many guilds no longer have healing teams and instead have separate players bent on doing little more than sniping every heal they possibly can to look better on the meters. Healing is a team sport, and always has been, but we, as healers, are more focused on the meters than we have ever been before.

People forget that we are not DPS. We're healers! We don't just fight the boss. We fight Joe Bob Rogue who can't seem to figure out where his feint button is. We fight Dubya, the Arcane Mage who feels that Ice Barrier is a DPS loss. We fight the tank that doesn't quite know when his CDs are. We fight the Hunter that doesn't know how to disengage. Every fight is new, every fight is different because we're not just tanking the boss, we're tanking the whole freaking raid.

Threads like this turn it into a situation where we're also fighting each other, and I just don't think that is a good place for healers as a whole to be. Everyone brings different things to the table. As a Priest, I have weaknesses in my toolkit. My weaknesses are my co-healers' strengths. My co-healers have weaknesses. Their weaknesses may be my strengths. No healer is healing in a vacuum. We're healing on a team. We're part of a whole, and I, for one, am sick to death of threads that turn us against each other.

I decided this evening that I had learned enough about the various 1 - 90 dungeons that I might be able to take a crack at playing a healer, so I came to this subforum to gather some information. Seeing the title I thought that this thread would have the information that I was seeking: How to put up great healing numbers and keep folks alive.

The thread did have the information that I needed, but what I needed wasn't what I thought I needed. I needed the two quotes above.

Thanks all. Now I get it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This thread needs to die.

Also

tigers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Some might say, B:-) this thread needs to go extinct B-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SOME WOULD NOT SAY THAT.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
That's actually really sad =( The real life tiger population is depressing.

ALL THE MORE REASON TO SAVE THE TIGERS IN WOW!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I decided this evening that I had learned enough about the various 1 - 90 dungeons that I might be able to take a crack at playing a healer, so I came to this subforum to gather some information. Seeing the title I thought that this thread would have the information that I was seeking: How to put up great healing numbers and keep folks alive.

The thread did have the information that I needed, but what I needed wasn't what I thought I needed. I needed the two quotes above.

Thanks all. Now I get it.

Don't give up on your idea of healing. It's totally worth it (even if occasionally you have to either pay someone to Lifegrip that jerkhead off the side of something, or do it yourself if you're a Priest. ^_^).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]