Would You Play a DK Healer?

90 Worgen Death Knight
I am sure we have all thought about this at some point or another no matter how far we may have actually gone into the thought process, but I personally have been iterating in my head for a long time now that if Blizz was to add a 4th spec to the game the first thing they would discuss to giving Death Knights a healer option. It wouldn't be as far fetched as people think because we already have skills that allow healing.

Let me know what you guys think by heading over to the MMO Champ forums and voting in the poll and also read for interesting skill ideas.

________

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1292381-Would-You-Play-a-DK-Healer

Concept Explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322ATeoL7Lo
Edited by Diablokon on 4/26/2013 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Troll Death Knight
I'm a DK to be melee.

Also, maybe there would be some way to convert your B/F/U runes to necrotic runes that maybe could used to empower runes used by them?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
A dk as a healer? No way its bred into you to kill and maim and mutilate..The thought of DK's healing sends shudders down me. Ok i am posting on a mage but i do have a dk lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/26/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Diablokon
I am sure we have all thought about this at some point or another

i can honestly say ive never thought about it. ever.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dunno, I don't have much faith in Blizzard doing innovative things with specs and classes anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I hope this isn't the same diablo from mug'thol. worst idea ever.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'd play one, if it weren't on mana. I hate mana.

I think it'd be interesting to play a sort of Dark Paladin at least, using corrupting power to pump stolen life back into an ally. There would have to be stacking debuffs the target would get when healed by a DK that would empower one aspect but nerf another.

Something like a clutch move that reduces the target's damage but increases healing received or saps health from yourself to heal.

Lore-wise, doesn't make any sense unless a Paladin retained some powers when risen to undeath.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
04/26/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Diablokon
I am sure we have all thought about this at some point or another

Pretty sure it's just you, guy.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Come on, if a 4th spec were added and it were a healer spec, half of the DK population would jump on it. Don't give me any of this "I play a DK to be a melee" BS, something new and innovative will always draw a huge portion of the population. Personally, I would definitely spec into it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Come on, if a 4th spec were added and it were a healer spec, half of the DK population would jump on it. Don't give me any of this "I play a DK to be a melee" BS, something new and innovative will always draw a huge portion of the population. Personally, I would definitely spec into it.

I don't play healers. Ever.

I just can't get behind the mindset of my job being keeping everyone alive rather than murdering something.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Befor and DK I said the two combos missing from the game were ranged tank and melee healer. Dk and monk filled those roles. I've never considered being a healer and actively avoid classes that can heal to avoid being asked to spec/gear for it.

No is my vote. Hell no. If I wanted to heal on a 2h swinging plate wearer id roll a paly.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Palys have the option, why not DKs? No one would be forcing you to spec healing. Are you so stuck up to think that the option shouldn't be there just because you don't want to use it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/26/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Kaely
Palys have the option, why not DKs? No one would be forcing you to spec healing. Are you so stuck up to think that the option shouldn't be there just because you don't want to use it?
Adding in this 4th spec would require a massive overhaul and rebalancing. Things would have to change and not all for the better, as far as what people are used to.

That's what people are "stuck up" about.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I updated the OP on the MMO thread with a link that explains the concept a little more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322ATeoL7Lo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]