Recruit a Friend Assistance

91 Night Elf Hunter
I recruited a friend of mine and unfortunately we messed up the process. She has both an active account, and we managed to upgrade her starter account after we realized what we'd done.

I haven't received any of the perks despite upgrading her starter account and I just don't know what to do.

I already know its too late to get the money back on either but I'd just like to know mainly if we did merge her two accounts, how much might that be and on top of that, would that still allow for the Recruit a friend perks.

IE the leveling bonuses and the mount and in game time?

Thank you so much for your time and consideration on this matter!
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
She needs to put in a Support ticket asking for assistance linking the accounts correctly. They should be happy to help if not too much time has passed. People often accidentally upgrade an existing starter instead of creating a new account with the link.
100 Human Death Knight
In order for a RaF link to exist, a Starter Account must be created by clicking on the link in the email that is sent. It sounds like the account that was upgraded was not created via the link.

If everything was done recently, the best thing to do is open a ticket - https://us.battle.net/support/ticket/submit - chances are the knot can be united and things properly applied. Time is a factor, though, so you will want to get that ticket in.
Edited by Maul on 4/26/2013 3:34 PM PDT
6 Gnome Rogue
It's a bit difficult to tell exactly what your issue is, but I'll take a stab at answering.

You can't merge accounts the way you are thinking. If she made an error and upgraded the wrong account, she can contact billing and have that corrected if it was fairly recent.

If she already had an account prior to your recruiting her, that account will never be eligible for recruit a friend.
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]