Mage vs. Warrior

So this is from a strictly PvE point of view. I really enjoy my mage and warrior for PvE right now, only issue is Idk who to focus on my mage has a few more levels but its kind on nice to see the lower level quest revamps in cata that I did not see. So the question is Mage vs Warrior for PvE who do you bring to the raid and why? Why do you enjoy playing a mage vs a warrior any help will be appreciated thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Both classes are amazing in endgame PvE and really your choice falls on preference.
Do you prefer to play the ranged caster firing spells from a distance to deal damage?
Or do you want to be in the thick of it as a melee swinging your blade and carving up a storm?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Play Mage if you like hearing pew pew magic laser noises, and play Warrior if you like to hear cutlery and screaming.
Reply Quote
The 5.3 change to loot specialization will mean that you can gear up a Warrior very very quickly as long as you're willing to tank. Mages have the same queues all the time - long.
Reply Quote
Warrior will level MUCH faster, so if you are split on your decision, Tank your way up on the warrior till you are bored with it then level the mage if you don't like the warrior at higher levels. . . for leveling it really is so much easier to get there as a tank/healer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Play Mage if you like hearing pew pew magic laser noises, and play Warrior if you like to hear cutlery and screaming.

This quote got me to finihs leveling my warrior.

Thank you sir.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I like them both atm.

Mages have some movement issues (not bad, they still do great DPS despite having to deal with this). Wars don't -- at all.

Really, that's the biggest difference between the two.

Just minor stuff -- Mages at endgame bring more DPS, but Wars bring more raid utility.

In terms of mentality -- Wars are Beasts. Mages are...able to multidot? (Not joking, I'm actually kinda digging it).
Reply Quote
n terms of mentality -- Wars are Beasts. Mages are...able to multidot? (Not joking, I'm actually kinda digging it).

Mages are lost in the woods. We are multi-dotting despite being up till now the only non-multi dot casters. . . we are bad warlocks with identity issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]