Draenei Warships

90 Pandaren Monk
They were apparently mentioned in ToW. Does anyone have any idea what they look like?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Elegant.

That's the extent of their description.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
I imagine they'd bebased on the design of other Alliance ships.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I imagine they'd bebased on the design of other Alliance ships.

I don't know, they likely had ships on Draenor as well since they lived in Netherstorm, Hellfire, and Shadowmoon Valley and it'd be better to travel by ship than to go through Blade's Edge and Zangarmarsh since they aren't exactly hospitable and they had no settlements in either(Zangarmarsh was only used after the orcs attacked since it was inhospitable). Ships would have all been lost when Draenor blew up. If they built new ships on Azeroth they'd likely be similar to the ones they had before.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
They will look like human ships, only blue I'm sure.
Edited by Healstime on 4/27/2013 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
I don't know, they likely had ships on Draenor as well since they lived in Netherstorm, Hellfire, and Shadowmoon Valley and it'd be better to travel by ship than to go through Blade's Edge and Zangarmarsh since they aren't exactly hospitable and they had no settlements in either(Zangarmarsh was only used after the orcs attacked since it was inhospitable). Ships would have all been lost when Draenor blew up. If they built new ships on Azeroth they'd likely be similar to the ones they had before.

Could be true, definitely. I didn't say this in my post, so that's my bad, but I was more talking about the warships of ToW. I don't think the Dreanei would've had any reason to build warships on Dreanor.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Sad. Any water ships they tool around in would be a huge step down technologically.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Purple crystals for sails? <.<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

Could be true, definitely. I didn't say this in my post, so that's my bad, but I was more talking about the warships of ToW. I don't think the Dreanei would've had any reason to build warships on Dreanor.

I don't know if they were actual warships, they were ships that happened to be out at sea when the lolblockade happened. I'm not sure why they'd have warships out and about at that point in time. Probably trading vessels that could be used as troop transports.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For some reason i picture a ship armored with crystals lol.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
I don't know if they were actual warships, they were ships that happened to be out at sea when the lolblockade happened. I'm not sure why they'd have warships out and about at that point in time. Probably trading vessels that could be used as troop transports.

True.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Floating or Flying ships?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Warships? I do not think so. Passenger/cargo ships? I can see that. Using crystalline technology for propulsion so they do not need to rely on sails and wind to get from port A to port B.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Based on the initial wording, I would say that night elf and draenei ships are the same, but that view is quickly dashed by it saying that dwarves and gnomes have their own ships too. The scene implies that each race has its own ships that we have just never seen.

The night elves lend or give the draenei their ships and taxi hippogryphs. The ship near the Shattered Sun Staging Area is a draenei-crewed night elf ship. But now they seem to have their own. It would be nice to see them, as they seem to exist separately.
Edited by Pumlaxer on 4/27/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

The night elves lend or give the draenei their ships and taxi hippogryphs. The ship near the Shattered Sun Staging Area is a draenei-crewed night elf ship. But now they seem to have their own. It would be nice to see them, as they seem to exist separately.

Draenei even use hippogryphs in Outland. It's strange, netherrays would have been a better choice.

At the time of the Sunwell fight the draenei might have not had any ships built or were still in the process of building them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ships made of Crystals!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Based on the initial wording, I would say that night elf and draenei ships are the same, but that view is quickly dashed by it saying that dwarves and gnomes have their own ships too. The scene implies that each race has its own ships that we have just never seen.

It would have been nice in the Land fall Cinematic if they had them mixed in with the Stormwind Fleet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Is this the part where we start making bad MS Paint/Photo Shop pictures and posting them here?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Is this the part where we start making bad MS Paint/Photo Shop pictures and posting them here?

...Perhaps there is a better question...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

It would have been nice in the Land fall Cinematic if they had them mixed in with the Stormwind Fleet.

Apparently the invasion fleets consisted of one type of human ship (with the Skyfire and some gyrocopters), and one type of orc ship (with wyverns and goblin riverboats).

Would more ships be cool? Yes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]