Haste prot

90 Tauren Paladin
I'm sorry, are you Ghostcrawler? Are you the person who decides how classes are supposed to be played? The fact that Blizzard haven't removed Sanctity of Battle from prot yet proves it's how they're meant to be played.

No, I'm not. But as I can tell from your thoughts I bet you are really excited for your warlock to be able to tank also.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
No, I'm not. But as I can tell from your thoughts I bet you are really excited for your warlock to be able to tank also.
... I literally have no idea how you got that from my post.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-34bxja5879son3ig/details/13/?enc=bosses

5 procs across all of lei shen, consorts, and qon.

When will people learn not to blatantly lie with public logs.

Even 5 is rng being good to you though
Edited by Ðemolition on 4/27/2013 3:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Am I the only person who just really really really hate seeing them?

Yes, you are. But you go right ahead and play your sub-optimal way and use crappy trinkets and keep on thinking your taking less damage.

Let the rest of us get our extra Sacred Shield ticks and higher SotR uptime for actual damage reduction. Not to mention the considerable extra damage we do.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Maybe I'm extremely lucky, but who knows.
No, you're just straight up lying (or, if not lying, extremely ignorant).

Your guild has logs. I can see those logs. I can also see that you had the Delicate Vial trinket on this particular raid night.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-34bxja5879son3ig/details/13/

More specifically:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-34bxja5879son3ig/log/
[{"spellNames": ["Change of Tactics"], "eventTypes": [6], "sourceNames": ["Juis"]}, {"spellNames": ["Blood of Power"], "eventTypes": [4], "sourceNames": ["Juis"]}]
Click "Copy Query Set," paste that in.

Off this I can easily see that while you did get 2 procs of the trinket shortly after you used the Shado-Pan on:use, the other procs were entirely out of your control. Not only that, this is five procs over roughly 71 minutes of logging active combat. That's insanely low no matter how you cut it.

Or, in other words: you had 5 procs out of 83 dodges. Out of 1171 total melee swings.
When will people learn not to blatantly lie with public logs.
Screw you Demo
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/27/2013 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Only if you wine and dine me first
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This being a public forum, I suspect that whine and din is more likely than wine and dine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
That doesn't sound nearly as fun
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, as some of you may be forgetting, all that Plate haste gear tends to be meant for the plate DPS in your group, so its kinda stealing from your core at the beginning of the raid.

Pretty sure the warrior in my group laughs at me every time I ask him if he wants the piece of gear with haste on it before getting my grubby little fingers on it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Thank you for making my night so much better. You are the first person on here to take an actual stance on the matter besides bust my balls over a trinket that that I don't have. I have heard that it is fun to do, and I have saw the effects that it has.

I tanked 3 bosses in ToT 10 man with an equally geared hasty. It was clear that he pulled more damage, and healed more. But then we got to dark animus and ohhhhhhh boy did he have a hard time hahaha. The damage from the first initial mobs and and random damage that you get from matter swap and if you mess up on anima ring was insane. He would drop instantly. He eventually got the hang of it, but if we hadn't beaten those bosses before we might have never gotten through if he had been there. Over all I think that they pull the same damage as a DK tank, with slight raid healing and the normal pally support that is just so amazing.

But even with all of the good things that come from it, I do not like any time when a certain play-style causes nerfs for an entire class. There is nothing wrong with nerfs when something becomes too powerful. And there is a large difference when something is unfair in pvp. But when it hurts the class as a whole, i do not, nor Will I ever agree with it. And yes like you stated before, I think they all sense a very large nerf coming their way in either 5.3 or 5.4. Maybe ghostcrawler will change his mind, but who knows.

Also to who ever said that classes should be able to do what they want, no. There is this thing called class roles, no one class should be a god. Although, pallys are about as close as we are gonna get.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
over a trinket that that I don't have
... wut?

And the problem is, your whole stance is "I don't like it, so it shouldn't be allowed!" That isn't a good argument and Blizzard clearly disagrees with you, because they've said it should be allowed.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem with that- 'certain play style' is that the dev's are the people who decided to add haste to the pally toolkit. It's not a certain play style, it's part of how a paladin is supposed to gear and gem.

I don't 100% get behind the 'all haste, all the time' gemming of some paladins, I go for more of a mix between haste/mastery (getting hit and expertise capped isn't really that much of an option). But the bonus you get from haste is hands and feet above anything you get from dodge or parry.

I'd also say, you should reconsider on the Ji-kun trinket, i got it in LFR and finally upgraded a 483 trinket. It procs a 32k heal (i know it says 23k, but my WoL says average hit was 32k) and crit twice for 66k. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but I really do want that trinket on heroic. WTB.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I hope neither my spec nor my build gets nerfed, but hey I'm like an optimist and stuff. Seriously though, I feel so solid right now. Not just effective but fun as well. It's a good feeling and I hope it never goes away.

Only thing that's had a tendency to KO me during Animus is my own sloppy play. If I don't time my cooldowns well, Interrupting Jolt hurts like HELL toward the end. The little golems are a joke, at least the way my group did it. Only time I dread them is during the deadly domino effect of one getting loose, then two, then three... Your boy knows he can prevent the first two from linking, right?

Another thing about haste is that it really separates the wheat from the chaff so to speak. If a prot paladin gears for haste and plays like garbage he's in for a very rough ride. Mastery, avoidance, and even straight stam are a lot more forgiving when it comes to screw ups and bad play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bosses have a 1.5 second swing timer. This means that in those 20 seconds, you will dodge 30 times.

20/1.5, not 20*1.5.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd also say, you should reconsider on the Ji-kun trinket, i got it in LFR and finally upgraded a 483 trinket. It procs a 32k heal (i know it says 23k, but my WoL says average hit was 32k) and crit twice for 66k. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but I really do want that trinket on heroic. WTB.

I was actually wondering if the Rising Winds would be worth taking over the Fabled Feather, or even the Brutal Talisman I'm wearing now. They all provide accuracy which is great, but the defensive proc on the Rising Winds seemed sort of lackluster to me. When I dip that low I'm usually ready with my 5 stack WoG or lock rock anyway. The heal seems paltry, and at best may give me an extra second to react if I screw up rather than keep me going when I really need it.

Am I underestimating it? It seems like a very situational and minor defensive bonus as opposed to the decent offensive boost from the Fabled Feather or even my Brutal Talisman.

Heh, looking at it another way, rather than underestimating it perhaps I'm overestimating my own talent. I'm certainly not above being rescued by my trink slot just yet. Still seems kinda meh, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2013 04:05 AMPosted by Leucen

I was actually wondering if the Rising Winds would be worth taking over the Fabled Feather, or even the Brutal Talisman I'm wearing now. They all provide accuracy which is great, but the defensive proc on the Rising Winds seemed sort of lackluster to me. When I dip that low I'm usually ready with my 5 stack WoG or lock rock anyway. The heal seems paltry, and at best may give me an extra second to react if I screw up rather than keep me going when I really need it.

Am I underestimating it? It seems like a very situational and minor defensive bonus as opposed to the decent offensive boost from the Fabled Feather or even my Brutal Talisman.

Heh, looking at it another way, rather than underestimating it perhaps I'm overestimating my own talent. I'm certainly not above being rescued by my trink slot just yet. Still seems kinda meh, though.

It's better than the 483 trinket I was wearing. ><

I dunno, anything that's guaranteed to proc seems pretty good to me. I'm not sure ANY trinket that isn't a click effect can ever be really modeled as 'helpful'- the random STR (proc) gives you more parry, and if you're not tanking it's only good for more dps. Which isn't to say it's bad, I use the brutal talisman in my other slot. :D I can reforge the expertise and get more haste out of it. /shrug

I mean, if you want to talk to Heroic Horridon for me, and tell him to drop that dag-gum trinket for me (thunderforged version plx) then I wouldn't mind it at all. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
20/1.5, not 20*1.5.

...I need more sleep.

Sorry, it's worse than I wrote there.

Uh. That's 13 discrete attacks, since you can't have any partials... which makes it a 42% chance to get a proc in 20 seconds, assuming 100% dodge.

Yeah.

It's terrible for paladins.

Guardian Druids... maybe. Even they have better options.

You are not a guardian druid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I LIKE PIE.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/27/2013 02:20 AMPosted by Juis
It's not how the class was supposed to be played.

Active mitigation tanks weren't supposed to value using their active mitigation more often?

I'd love to see where Blizzard said that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2013 05:46 AMPosted by Calonderiel
It's not how the class was supposed to be played.

Active mitigation tanks weren't supposed to value using their active mitigation more often?

I'd love to see where Blizzard said that.
]

OMG that helm............
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]