Haste prot

90 Goblin Death Knight
04/27/2013 03:33 AMPosted by Juis
I tanked 3 bosses in ToT 10 man with an equally geared hasty. It was clear that he pulled more damage, and healed more. But then we got to dark animus and ohhhhhhh boy did he have a hard time hahaha. The damage from the first initial mobs and and random damage that you get from matter swap and if you mess up on anima ring was insane. He would drop instantly. He eventually got the hang of it, but if we hadn't beaten those bosses before we might have never gotten through if he had been there. Over all I think that they pull the same damage as a DK tank, with slight raid healing and the normal pally support that is just so amazing.

Um, why was he dropping "instantly" from the initial adds...? They do like, no damage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Um, why was he dropping "instantly" from the initial adds...? They do like, no damage.

They do if they get too close to each other and get buffed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/27/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Typan

And even then, some CD use from the tank = Doesn't need a healer and destroys them in seconds. At least, that's been my experience with that :P.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
That's true, just saying if you're not expecting it, they'll flatten you pretty quick.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
04/27/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Typan

Right, but that shouldn't be happening if you know what you're doing. Being a haste tank is irrelevant in this situation.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
I pick up 2 and dump the anima into an inactive large golem at the start. There's no way I'd ever be able to kill them by myself if they weren't buffed. It's not like healers have anything else to do during p1.
Reply Quote
By that logic, boomkins are stealing all that healing leather from resto druids and mistweavers.

I was a Criminal all along and I didn't even know it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/27/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Leucen

Not true actually, my thunderforged Spark is about 7.5% parry with about 20% uptime. The haste is great, but you really can't write off that proc.

Geez, it's that much? I know the uptime is crazy good, but I didn't know the strength translated into that much parry. I'm uhh, not a math guy.

.93 conversion rate yo.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
The thought occurs, I missed the chance to say "1% of the time, it works all the time."
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
so what youre saying is Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire isnt best in slot for tanks?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
so what youre saying is Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire isnt best in slot for tanks?

Sure it is!

...on fights where you're tanking 200 mobs that swing for 1k each.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I pick up 2 and dump the anima into an inactive large golem at the start. There's no way I'd ever be able to kill them by myself if they weren't buffed. It's not like healers have anything else to do during p1.

The healers (and I) were not prepared for the smorgasborg of 2 (two) mechanical dudes hitting me in the face. Even with cooldowns. So now our warlock tanks 2 (1 with his pet) and the druid takes two- and I only tank 1.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you tank 2 that are right next to each other, standing between them prevents them from being linked.

e.g. x -- You -- y
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Haste tanking is fun. Let's remove fun from the game.

Mastery and avoidance tanking are boring. That is what everyone should be doing. Obviously.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you tank 2 that are right next to each other, standing between them prevents them from being linked.

e.g. x -- You -- y

I have heard that multiple times, it's never worked for me. It's easier just to go with the way we're doing it then dance around the mobs trying to get them the right way.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
MMMMMMM haste. Love my prot in MoP. You'll be glad when you have one in your raid. Stop whining and begging for nerfs. Nerfs only hurt raid teams. Ask for buffs for your class instead of trying to kill other classes.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
04/28/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Plethora

The healers (and I) were not prepared for the smorgasborg of 2 (two) mechanical dudes hitting me in the face. Even with cooldowns. So now our warlock tanks 2 (1 with his pet) and the druid takes two- and I only tank 1.

GoAK + Holy Avenger allows you to take basically no damage but get the vengeance needed to kill one of them before the cooldowns wear off. There's nothing else for a healer to do, so why not?
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Honestly there's no point in not having pet classes tank 2. It's really easy and they do basically no damage.

There's still an inherent risk in having a tank take 2, better off eliminating all risk entirely from that initial pull.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have heard that multiple times, it's never worked for me. It's easier just to go with the way we're doing it then dance around the mobs trying to get them the right way.

No need to dance. Stand in between before the pull and just hit one and taunt the other.

I also do it once my adds die and I'm taunting stuff off other people, like healers, or Matter Swapped people. Just point so that your Butt is at stuff and then taunt for win.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
There's still an inherent risk in having a tank take 2, better off eliminating all risk entirely from that initial pull.

It only really works for paladins because of the HA/AW combo being retardedly overpowered both for defense and offense. Probably wouldn't recommend it for any other class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]