Things that make one feel old...

100 Tauren Druid
Chasing a 21 yo....

After catching the 21 yo who ran cause he was drunk and scared...using the following persons to communicate your ire to him....

Fred Sanford and Elizbeth...
George Jefferson and Weezy...

and last of all

Ron Jeremy...

Only to find out you have a new officer who does not know any of the above listed. Sadly I dont think the flightful youth knew who I was talking about either....so there was a wasted attempt at humor.
Edited by Bobcat on 4/27/2013 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I didn't know Ron Jeremy was a comedian or anything. I'm not sure how I would communicate as that person, to a 21 year old. :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm in my early 30s and although I'm aware of Fred Sanford thanks to reruns, the rest of it predates me, too. And That 21 year old would consider me in an entirely different generation. As old as his parents, probably.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm in my early 30s and although I'm aware of Fred Sanford thanks to reruns, the rest of it predates me, too. And That 21 year old would consider me in an entirely different generation. As old as his parents, probably.

30? You're ancient.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I didn't know Ron Jeremy was a comedian or anything. I'm not sure how I would communicate as that person, to a 21 year old. :P

... LOL...no, ol Ronny the Hedgehog is not a comedian. Though, I did inform Mr. Br'er Rabbit that I was going to drop so many charges on him, that when I was done, he would feel like Ronny had gone deep inside him...

Sadly that whole exchange was a waste of breath cause he did get the "joke"

On a more annoying note, my damn leg is still killing me for going through that Br'er Patch...
Reply Quote
15 Dwarf Paladin
04/27/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Bobcat

... LOL...no, ol Ronny the Hedgehog is not a comedian. Though, I did inform Mr. Br'er Rabbit that I was going to drop so many charges on him, that when I was done, he would feel like Ronny had gone deep inside him...

Sadly that whole exchange was a waste of breath cause he did get the "joke"

On a more annoying note, my damn leg is still killing me for going through that Br'er Patch...

yeah, you could have threatened him with Johnny Holmes and he probably wouldn't have gotten that either.

... kids.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
well this thread has made me feel both young and ignorant. :(
I know who the characters you listed are, but would not get any specific references either.

30? You're ancient.

It takes too much energy to frown again.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman

#1 -- Getting up in the morning....
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/28/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Oolaki

#1 -- Getting up in the morning....

HA...my alarm is set for 1300 hours. If I am lucky, I wake up everyday at 1330.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
1300 = Morning somewhere in the world. ;P Besides. Morning isn't the problem. It's the getting up part.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
04/27/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Lukar

30? You're ancient.

Indelis is a bunch of old fogeys led by a five-year old.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Indelis is a bunch of old fogeys led by a five-year old.

Sounds about right.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Debuted in the US in 1993.

That was 20 years ago.
Reply Quote
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Debuted in the US in 1993.

That was 20 years ago.

We are all getting older, aren't we?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I had a girl at work (I call her a girl but she is really 19) And she had NO idea who Cher was....

And I do get the Ron Jeremy joke... HA!

That made me feel old..
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Cher... and Bob Mackie dresses. I think I had a Bob Mackie Barbie doll.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Bob Mackie Barbie doll.

I remember seeing those in the Sears Wish Books of yore. The only reason it was notable was due to its pricetag of $300 or something which was incomprehensible to my gradeschool mind.

Today marks 17 years since WarCraft II was released. Huh, I had no idea that WC2 was also released for Sega Saturn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_II:_Beyond_the_Dark_Portal
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Reading titles like this and then seeing all the responses from people and can remember them all while growing up
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
04/27/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Lukar

30? You're ancient.

Stop being a ho, Lukar.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I remember seeing those in the Sears Wish Books of yore. The only reason it was notable was due to its pricetag of $300 or something which was incomprehensible to my gradeschool mind.

I remember that, too. I got mine at an estate auction. Its amazing what turns up in the "junk boxes". I think I paid $5 for a whole box of crap, on the bottom of which was the doll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]