Simple DPS Rotation Class?

32 Draenei Paladin
Hello, I'm fairly new but with some experience. Currently leveling a ret pally and an enh-shaman. I only plan on having one more character and then focusing on these three until they are completely geared out.

Question is: What dps spec/class has a simple rotation? I found that while leveling my shaman it wasn't exactly hard to figure out the things I needed to do, but I noticed a lot of things I needed to pay attention to. Ret I haven't played enough to really get a feel for it, but it doesn't feel quite as difficult to keep track of so far.

Any help is appreciated.
Edited by Thôto on 4/28/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just about everything is easy to learn and hard to master. Additionally you won't really be able to get a feel for how most specs play in a raid environment until near max level, as several specs don't learn crucial abilities or change drastically at 80 or 85, ret included.
Reply Quote
32 Draenei Paladin
That would give merit to why I'm asking more experienced players their opinion on a simple rotation. You may say everything is easy to learn and hard to master, but you could tell anyone that at any time, it really makes no difference to them. I don't want to pour time into a class I'm not informed on playing. I knew what I was getting with a shaman and ret paladin, because I had experienced players tell me, as well as doing some research on my own. With that said, I am doing some of my own looking around, I'm finding DK/Warrior to be likely classes to have fewer things to worry about.

My main purpose of doing this is to be able to play these 3 characters whenever I want without having to worry about the "feel" for each one, because they'll all play differently and be easy to translate to my key bindings. If that makes any sense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well for Melee, WindWalker Monks have a fairly simple rotation. Jab for 2 chi, spend chi on Rising Sun kick on CD, tiger palm to uphold buff, or Blackout Kick as a simple spam ability. I don't know much about warrior dps. Assassination is moderate I think, but I'm still leveling mine.

For casters, Ele shammy and arcane mage are the main "hard casters", boomkins have dots and hard casts, most locks and pyro mages have to manage a lot of dots.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Rogue
You really can't get much easier than assassination rogues. There is almost no room to optimize or make mistakes as long as you keep rupture up.
Reply Quote
32 Draenei Paladin
I hadn't even considered a rogue, thank you for the info. As far as monks go, I'm kind of leaning away from them simply because I don't like them. =)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
For melee I would have to go with a Frost dk for great single target and aoe damage. Either you will like the rune system or you won't. Fairly easy to play.

For caster I would say Destruction warlock or Elemental Shaman. Both of these you really only have to keep one dot on target and reapply when it falls off. You can cast while moving. Everything with talent for lock and most your damage spells with Elly shaman.

All of these have good aoe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Windwalker monk priority looks as follows:

Is Xeun on target (3min CD) if not Xeun.
Are you at 10 Stacks of Tigers Eye Brew and have a trinket./weapon proc? Tigers Eye Brew.
Is Tigers Palm debuff (30 seconds) on target? If not Tigers Palm

Are their 3 or more targets? Spinning crane kick
If less then 3 targets: do following

Is Rising Sun Kick on Cooldown? Rising Sun Kick if you have 2 chi
Is Chi wave on cooldown? Chi Wave
Black out Kick if you have 2 chi
You don't have 2 chi? Are you below 80% health? If so, Expel Harm.
If not Hit Jab!

There you go.. that pretty much is it. If you run out of energy you can hit energizing brew. Or simply just macro it into your Blackout kick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You really can't get much easier than assassination rogues. There is almost no room to optimize or make mistakes as long as you keep rupture up.

This, so much this.

Never have I been able to enjoy fights and the scenery more than assassination in MoP.

(But if you die to stupid stuff and people know how easy your spec is, get ready to get laughed at, a lot).
Edited by Memoire on 4/29/2013 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah windwalker monks aren't simple by any means.

Assassination rogues are really easy though.

Enhancement shaman aren't very difficult either, you just go from CD to CD ad nauseum.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Assassination rogues by far. I thought 2h frost dk was easy and I didn't think it could get much easier boy was I wrong.

But really all classes are easy just takes some getting used to.

And for the trolls yes I do have a feral druid (though he get benched for mop) and I've also had a lock (he's been benched for a while got tired of staring down the dots).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
For melee I would have to go with a Frost dk for great single target and aoe damage. Either you will like the rune system or you won't. Fairly easy to play.

For caster I would say Destruction warlock or Elemental Shaman. Both of these you really only have to keep one dot on target and reapply when it falls off. You can cast while moving. Everything with talent for lock and most your damage spells with Elly shaman.

All of these have good aoe.

I will warn you that the downside of elemental shamans' simple rotation is having a ton of cooldowns and totems on your bars. Otherwise, elemental combat is a great specialization.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Assassination Rogues, Frost Mages (Arcane's rotation is easy -- movement increases the difficulty slightly).

If you don't mind a very metronomic rotation Arms is pretty easy.

Those are pretty much the autopilot classes imo. Most classes are pretty easy and only slightly more difficult than those.

The toughest imo are Feral and Unholy -- and even then they aren't terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]