H Tortos Crystal Shell Debuff

100 Blood Elf Priest
So I use Vuhdo, but I imagine this question applies to everyone using raid frame mods. Does the crystal shell debuff have different spell id's for when it is topped? The standard raid frames exaggerated the size of the shell debuff when they are full, which is a very convenient way to avoid spamming people that don't need the extra heals, but I can't find a way to make Vuhdo do the same thing. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They get a second debuff when it's full. It's called Crystal Shell: Full Capacity!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=140701
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Hmm. They do have different spell ID's, I believe.

Are you having trouble telling which one is which? VuhDo seems to display them in a specific order (i.e. the "full" debuff will always be to the left of the "filling" debuff).

Edit: What the hell is on your face, Frozen?!
Edited by Tiriel on 5/1/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
haven't visited the transmogger. =\

Edit: There we go. and oops, double post
Edited by Icecreamsoup on 5/1/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
For some reason I am never getting more then one crystal shell debuff show up. It's possible that the "full" icon just replaces the "filling" icon, but if that's the case then the two look exactly the same. I also don't get the popping in animation of a new debuff when shields get topped, so I suspect vuhdo is just not tracking the full capacity icon. Hmm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
For some reason I am never getting more then one crystal shell debuff show up. It's possible that the "full" icon just replaces the "filling" icon, but if that's the case then the two look exactly the same. I also don't get the popping in animation of a new debuff when shields get topped, so I suspect vuhdo is just not tracking the full capacity icon. Hmm.

^ This. I only ever have one of the icons showing up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They have different icons.

Crystal Shell:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=137633

When crystal shell is full, you get the full capacity debuff in addition to the Crystal Shell debuff.

Crystal Shell: Full Capacity!
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=140701 (posted again so you can compare icons)

I don't have VuhDo, so I can't help with setting it up, but this thread may help you.
http://www.plusheal.com/forum/post/last/m/1833799/viewthread/6783636-display-buff-tortos-hm-crystal-shell-full-capacity
Edited by Icecreamsoup on 5/1/2013 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use Vuhdo and both the debuffs display without any setup (eg: Adding in the specific spell ID's).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Oh, it appears I got it working using the advice provided in that link. Thanks so much. (:
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks! I will try adding in the id for next week's run. Odd though that some people have it displaying both by default. Glory have you imported any custom packages of debuffs, or something similar?
Edited by Mythrose on 5/1/2013 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nah, just VuhDo. I don't have any custom debuffs added. I do have boquets set up for tank cds and such but nothing debuff related.
Edited by Glorÿ on 5/1/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Well my vuhdo has issues with that fight in general. I don't know if it's the shell debuff or not, but cluster finder rarely works.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
One issue I had was the debuff/buff icons not displaying correctly because of the scale/size/spacing of my frames. Do you ever have issues with other debuffs not showing? Will your frames display multiple debuffs on other encounters?

For instance mine would just show the timer for the debuff/buff depending on where it was on my frame, etc. Texts also will inhibit the icons display as well I believe.

*edit* didn't finish typing where I was going with that...

one thing you may want to try is to adjust the scale/width of your frames and buff icons to see if they are possibly overlapping or interfering with each other.
Edited by Glorÿ on 5/1/2013 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I can take a look at that again. I remember seeing all three of the stacking debuffs during durumu light phase though, but then again that was my disc setup, and I was holy on tortos. Pretty sure they are the same layout, but doesn't hurt to check again!

Oh, and is it possible to assign custom properties to specific debuffs? Like a custom size?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Actually, if someone can walk me through turning OFF the light debuffs on durumu, I would be forever grateful. I have tried everything can I just can't get them to go away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Isn't there an ignore section on the debuff panel on the left side of the screen?

And to the OP's point, set up a custom debuff that changes your bar color when the shield reaches full. Much easier to track as opposed to the little icon.
Edited by Taelaus on 5/1/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can take a look at that again. I remember seeing all three of the stacking debuffs during durumu light phase though, but then again that was my disc setup, and I was holy on tortos. Pretty sure they are the same layout, but doesn't hurt to check again!

Oh, and is it possible to assign custom properties to specific debuffs? Like a custom size?

Well, if no one is able to answer you before then, I'll be home in 2hrs and should be able to tell ya.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Well, if no one is able to answer you before then, I'll be home in 2hrs and should be able to tell ya.

Thanks! I know how to change properties for bouquets assigned to specific locations on the frame, but debuffs seem to work differently. Always wondered if that could be done.

And to the OP's point, set up a custom debuff that changes your bar color when the shield reaches full. Much easier to track as opposed to the little icon.

Good idea too! I assume you would create a bouquet of the fully charged debuff, and assign it to the background?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Isn't there an ignore section on the debuff panel on the left side of the screen?

Yes, there is. I've tried using that. It doesn't work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]