New Guild, Why?

90 Blood Elf Priest
indeed, why,

my guild is xfering to another server and Rexxar is my home, I am looking to start a new guild here for everyone, for leveling, 5mans and raids, one step at a time of course, but that is our goal to get members, build and start raiding as a unit, because lets face it LFR sucks it is more fun to run with friends then some random scrub in lfr.

This is a guild starting from scratch, I have plenty of raiding experience up to WOTLK, and i miss those days, where we even though wipe after wipe we failed but still had fun, lets bring that back! and work towards some epic Sh*t

please feel free to send me a message in game for more details.

and congratz im sure some troll will pop up and QQ about this sooner or later so congratz your cool
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Quit making new guilds, actually disband a lot of them.

Get into guilds that are somewhat already progressed, Rexxar is dying, consolidate and you'll actually run some content.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Get into guilds that are somewhat already progressed, Rexxar is dying, consolidate and you'll actually run some content.

Ive seen it labelled for new players on occasion, I would think its rather dead. Org is a ghost town
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Only a handful of guilds raid and of those very few 1 or 2 recruiting and only select roles.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Ive seen it labelled for new players on occasion, I would think its rather dead. Org is a ghost town

Reason why I finally left. Rexxar is dead, seriously there are too many guilds for this realm, disband some of them, get together, and run something.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I agree with Thundresa, but part of the issue on top of it is just how awful the leadership in all of these guilds are on top of it. The # of players who are having to whisper our raiders for advice, even players of guilds outside of Inertia, because they aren't being taught anything at all, and need someone to help carry them through everything, is only making this realm's situation worse. The egos are even worse, because so many more players are so stubborn and think that their way is the only way, that progression hits a standstill, or things that need to get done, don't get done every time, and it hurts our realm.

We actually tried Chrispwns in our 2nd run, something we almost never do in the way of adding someone to any of our current content runs not in our guild, even if its for one run, and it boggled my mind to his low level of knowledge of the game could be. A lot of that I attest to the lack of intelligence of being in a leadership position that was in Final Hour, thus the mockery the guild would take in often.

I totally understand that people want to mock TE, and its players because there's nobody else to mock, but we're only 5/13H, we're not that big a deal in the offrealm scence, since our US 10 man rank's dropping from top 90 a little bit due to our slowing down a tad, what our realm needs right now is fewer guilds with smarter players who are humble enough to understand that our current system in a lot of these places aren't working, than many guilds of people who don't know anything.

I'm more than happy to see if there's anything I can do to help champion the effort to make the quality of life of what's left here better, but as long as everyone is ego-driven and stubborn, even moreso than me, we're going to be !@#$ed soon as a realm. I hope you as the OP look at what the realm's situation is and if there's anything you think I can do to help, please don't hesitate to find me in game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Only a handful of guilds raid and of those very few 1 or 2 recruiting and only select roles.

I bet any guild would be willing to take more people.
If they need a warlock or w/e doesn't mean they wont take a melee.

bodies > no bodies
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've gotta agree. It's why I left. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. Alliance side of this server is terrible. Granted I have a registered guild currently, but that only houses what toons I have left on Rexxar and I use the gbank as my own personal storehouse.

If even half of these half full guilds would disband and group up, things would be a much better place to be. Mix that with a few guilds and their idiotic thought processes and you're looking at a server that has maybe 3 capable guilds and the rest are all 6/12 or less.

Mind there's nothing wrong with taking progression slow, but it can't really be called raiding if every damn person runs a guild that can't even clear LFR. Frankly if you can't field a solid 10 man team each week without issue, then mayhaps it's time to look into cleaning up the !@#$storm of over-guilded shianigans that Rexxar has become.

The population of Rexxar can't support or rationalize having so many guilds.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
05/04/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Tristnal
Alliance side of this server is terrible.

As an Alliance toon, I can agree with that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The irony.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The biggest problem I encounter on our end, is that there's a lot of pretty good players here. However, they're all spread out, and dedicated to their guilds who are still just barely getting council down.

The last thing we need are new guilds to spread out the talented players even further. I already have to spend an hour or more trying to find a suitable replacement, when one of my core raiders can't show up for a raid night.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/04/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Tristnal
Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

05/06/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Andisious
However, they're all spread out, and dedicated to their guilds who are still just barely getting council down.

Ya! What those guys said!

..Wait, what?
Edited by Tristnal on 5/6/2013 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
05/06/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Tristnal
Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

However, they're all spread out, and dedicated to their guilds who are still just barely getting council down.

..Wait, what?

I get this all the time. I'll pug somebody for a MIA, they're good - and what I've been looking for. So I ask if they're interested in joining, and I get "naw I can't leave my guild." So I look up their guild. 3/12.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sadly, it's been like that for far too long. Couple that with some Alliance guilds being needlessly picky on recruitment and you have a ton of people that drift around without being able to actually find a slot.

Instead of paying the gold to form a guild, you should just get a punch in the MALE GENITALIA/BOX SHOT. You know, a straight shot that clearly say "Hey INCONSIDERATE JERK/JERKETTE, we got too many of these already. Stop being anti-social and join an already formed guild."

That and I giggle at the idea of internet MALE GENITALIA/BOX SHOT punches.

... Don't judge me.

EDITED FOR SWEARING & EQUALITY AMONGST WOMEN (The random symbols ruined it!)
Edited by Tristnal on 5/7/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I mean who wants to invite Mudflaps to their guild?

Expecting people not to stand in the fire is too "elitist" for most of this server.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/06/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Andisious

..Wait, what?

I get this all the time. I'll pug somebody for a MIA, they're good - and what I've been looking for. So I ask if they're interested in joining, and I get "naw I can't leave my guild." So I look up their guild. 3/12.

This does go both ways. I've been casually looking for a guild I can consistently raid with without leaving my guild. Why can't I be a one-off exception? You'll still get the guild progression, achievements, etc. with 9/10 or 8/10 guild raid. Sure, there are only a few active people still left in this guild, but they are still friends and people I love interacting with during my play time.

I'm open to moving between guilds, but not right off. Not until I'm sure I fit with the other raiders in your guild. It is still easier to do this now, than it was in Cata, but still a pain if I swap and end up changing my mind -- especially as an officer (it would require waiting for the GM to sign on, invite me, promote me, etc. and we play at pretty weird times).

By the way, just using your guild as an example. I've never talked to anyone in AMoC about raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Joining a guild is a leap of faith so to speak, one that you have to take. Is it fair to the guild you're running with, to take gear, be apart of the kills and then suddenly one day bail with only a "it's not you, it's me." to go on? Having someone in guild gives much better communication, access to guild bank and so on. Frankly if you're not in the guild, to me, it wouldn't make sense to be a permanent part of the team. If you cna't separate from your current guild then perhaps raiding regularily isn't for you?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Joining a guild is a leap of faith so to speak, one that you have to take. Is it fair to the guild you're running with, to take gear, be apart of the kills and then suddenly one day bail with only a "it's not you, it's me." to go on? Having someone in guild gives much better communication, access to guild bank and so on. Frankly if you're not in the guild, to me, it wouldn't make sense to be a permanent part of the team. If you cna't separate from your current guild then perhaps raiding regularily isn't for you?

Honestly, it is just as easy to join the guild and take the gear and leave. Really, the only good point you make is the communication, but there are ways around that. I, personally, have no problem dedicating myself to only raiding with one guild, inside or outside of said guild.

Personally I would find a stranger that is seriously committed to raiding with my guild (and performs better than others to secure the raid spot) better than an average player within the guild that fails to meet expectations and raid times. It would give the guild the opportunity to "poach" me from my guild, an opportunity that would otherwise never be there (like I said, I'd be open to joining the guild if we clicked).

But honestly, as long as the group has the requirements for ranking kills and guild achievements, being in the guild or not...does it really make that big of a difference?
Edited by Pallix on 5/8/2013 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What do you plan on buying? The server doesn't have enough activity to have anything worth buying.

Stay or go, I just made a few point for the pro joining guild side of things. But it's this type of thinking that is killing Alliance side of things. Nobody is willing to leave, but nor are they capable or willing to step forward and try and band people together. As was stated above, whether you're in the same guild or not, Rexxar Alliance has a terrible knack for assuming that they can get it done in their group and that's final.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
It is still easier to do this now, than it was in Cata, but still a pain if I swap and end up changing my mind -- especially as an officer (it would require waiting for the GM to sign on, invite me, promote me, etc. and we play at pretty weird times).

So what if you lose your officer rank by joining another guild? You're literally an officer of a dead guild, that's clinging on to its past 'glory'. Leaving for another guild and never looking back is a step up. Your entire rant is a perfect example of why this server is dying - too many people unwilling to leave their own dying guilds for greener pastures. Fun fact - if you have friends you enjoy playing with, there's this thing called a 'friend' list. If you genuinely enjoy playing and interacting with them, it won't matter what your gtag says.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]