New Guild, Why?

90 Dwarf Paladin
05/08/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Zlotia
It is still easier to do this now, than it was in Cata, but still a pain if I swap and end up changing my mind -- especially as an officer (it would require waiting for the GM to sign on, invite me, promote me, etc. and we play at pretty weird times).

So what if you lose your officer rank by joining another guild? You're literally an officer of a dead guild, that's clinging on to its past 'glory'. Leaving for another guild and never looking back is a step up. Your entire rant is a perfect example of why this server is dying - too many people unwilling to leave their own dying guilds for greener pastures. Fun fact - if you have friends you enjoy playing with, there's this thing called a 'friend' list. If you genuinely enjoy playing and interacting with them, it won't matter what your gtag says.

It literally has less to do with being an officer than it has to do with about 5 tabs worth of personal mats in the guild bank. I am literally the only person of the 4 active members that uses it and it has become a personal storage that I can access hourly (and quickly) using the guild perk - a system much easier to manage than the !@#$ty in-game mail system.

The reason this server is dying is because people are leaving for greener pastures, but those greener pastures have been non-existent on Rexxar for quite some time. Those greener pastures are higher populated realms with better economies, further progression, and just more group activity in general.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So make a personal guild to store your crap in like most people do. Arguing for "buying power" and personal storage seems like a lame !@# excuse for not wanting to find a new guild. Right now, Rexxar Alliance has MAYBE 4 active and progressing guilds.*

If even those four got together and merged, or god forbid a quarter or half of the other stragglers who are decent but won't leave, this server wouldn't have a faction that is spewing death rattles and just won't seem to turn over dead.

Don't wanna join up with one of the active guilds due to a personal reason, or a stigma? That I can understand, we've all heard people talk $%^- about certain guilds or the people in them, but that doesn't mean squat. You want a comprehensive list?

Coupe de Grace - Led by a great dude and the people therein are awesome all around. Highly recommend. Been on the server since it's opening day!
Prophecy - Not the same people I knew in BC, but from the tags I've seen on the server, they have some decent folks. Nothing wrong here.
Time Well Wasted - I know a few from this guild and have had no bad encounters with them. Could do much worse.
Small Union of Pals - I'm not sure, but maybe Sorrent is still trying to recruit people to keep the team going. Unsure but you can't go wrong with these folks.

That's only listing a few of course. The *old* YARG from BC and into Wrath, they were good (mostly) people, Small Union of Pals was a great setup and I'm sad to hear that Telkien transferred off server. This server used to have a great deal of potential on Alliance and then everyone had to lead their own *!@#, thought they could do it better and now here we are. And unless I'm completely a utterly mistaken, then same is happening on Horde side now too. **See the formation and collapse of a new guild from the rubble of a different one all within a month. GUMMY SHARKS AHOY!

Sure Pallix, Rain Makers was ok, hell I was in the guild for a bit, but is a defunct guild, that's literally only a bank really worth losing a spot in a guild over?

Frankly, Rexxar Alliance could likely use a good solid 25 man guild to take up some of this pent of nerd rage and use it for something. Because the grass isn't greener on a more populated server, you have to actually be better on those servers because there are a ton of people who can easily take your place. I know personally of 4 people who transferred off looking to be big shots and failed. Either gkicked for failure or warmed the bench while their guilds knocked out heroics without them.

* I only say maybe 4 guilds because not sure where Golden Apple Corps randomly gets 12/12 in a day.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hell maybe this is becoming more of a reminiscent thread, but I could only wish we still had people from years ago, like the good folks from Paper Street Soap Co. or Bragnon Smash.

I'm having to agree with Vathral on this one, the lack of experienced leaders is perhaps the Alliance sides biggest issue. Nobody who can co-ordinate all of the mess that's here. Hell if I knew there were interest I'd do it myself. Not a fan of seeing Rexxar go down the way it is.

Case and Point - The forums were once used on a very regular basis, now, you'll rarely find people here. Most posts are for the many guilds scrapping the rotted wood from the bottom of the barrel to find a last raid spot. Else they are threads, unanswered or flamed of people looking for guilds. I'm to blame for one such flaming, I admit. But the attitude displayed in that thread embodies the attitude on this server.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
* I only say maybe 4 guilds because not sure where Golden Apple Corps randomly gets 12/12 in a day.

I took a few of their members in for a lei shen kill (one of them being one of my raiders' alts). Apparently you only need 2 people in the same guild to get the entire guild credit lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well there ya go, problem solved!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Truthfully there's a fair number of "good" player on Rexxar, but not all are dedicated enough to progress successfully. The problem is, all of the players that could actually do some good are in different guilds or probably just don't get along or whatever. But if we were to actually get some good 25 man guild raids in here (as stated earlier in this thread), then we'd have some actual progress on here. I once tried setting up a guild on here before to get rolling on some current-content stuff back in Cata, but due to your typical Rexxar players, it didn't work out. Sure, back in the day (WotLK and Cata) we had some pretty decent guilds like YARG, The Rebellion, etc., but today it's just a shadow of mostly baddies and noobs.

In the Cata days of Rexxar, trade was actually filled with "LFMs" or "LFGs," and I saw a lot of good recruitments for some raids and guilds that'd be worth your time. But now? Hell, today it's empty. Half of the things posted in Rexxar Trade (Alliance) is flame wars or trolling. And it's even more rare to see recruitments for actual MoP raids, and I've only seen and entered one that worked out (which was a ToES group). But most recruitments are pointless, like I saw people "LFM DS10 Normal" or "LFM BWL." I mean, man, it's not like you can either solo them or do it on the hardest difficulty or anything...

But the point is, most new guilds starting up on Rexxar aren't very great for progression and raiding. Even if it's PvP- after joining RBG pugs, and having my teammates have no coordination while I'm sitting here losing rating because of !@#$ty players. Back on topic, if you're going to create a new guild on here and try to make it big on recruiting, then make sure that it isn't a fail guild. Ever since MoP came along, players have gotten worse. Whatever the hell happened, it's caused Rexxar to be, by all accounts, one of the worst US realms.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/09/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Andisious

I took a few of their members in for a lei shen kill (one of them being one of my raiders' alts). Apparently you only need 2 people in the same guild to get the entire guild credit lol.

I was wondering who the hell they were lol.

We were working on Iron Qon, got him down then looked at the rankings.

"WTF there's some alliance guild I've never heard of who has a full clear?"

Got a bit sad that we went down on the rankings...oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Rexxar needs something akin to the A-Team. Just a bunch of dudes that roll up in a van and fix !@#$.

Can't find enough raiders? BAM! Progression kills.
Can't seem to recruit that last healer? BAM! Impregnates your sister and in 9 months, little shammy heals
Can't seem to meet the DPS requirements? BAM! Herpes.

Wait... what?
Edited by Tristnal on 5/10/2013 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Rexxar's incredible..ness strikes again!

This is our second night in a few days that we haven't been able to raid, because after 2 hours of spamming trade chat and asking friends, we couldn't find a replacement tank (original tank didn't have power from a storm).

The things we could accomplish if I didn't have to deal with this once or twice a week lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Whatever the hell happened, it's caused Rexxar to be, by all accounts, one of the worst US realms.

I would have to say that Gnomeregan is right up there sadly. Its not just Rexxar that is having the over population of guilds to content clear ratio. Gnomeregan is my Alliance home server and its just as bad or possibly worse then Rexxar. Least here a guild has actually gotten the realm 1st H. ToT clear. If more guilds would be as productive and less bull-headed they just might get more done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]