PvE troubles Spriest

Hello recently I've gotten back into raiding and its been fun. But the amount of damage im pulling is weak at best. My Ilevel is 500 and im pulling 50k Unbuffed. I've tried multiply reforges and Cant find one that ups it. Next was my rotation I believe im doing it correctly based off other players and noxxic it seems fine.
Reply Quote
Logging out in pvp gear does NOT help us whatsoever. o.o

Also howtopriest.com > any sites you think would work. Just do it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Do an LFR and log it. Figuring out what you are doing wrong is raid is going to be impossible without it. You should also log out in pve gear so we can look at your choices.
Edited by Dictainabox on 4/26/2013 9:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well ill fix the gear right now :/ (fixed)
Edited by Beafaid on 4/26/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You are too low geared to be gemming straight haste, imo. Run your toon through simc, but I suspect with no LMG and your gear the way it is, int is still the way to go. You are doing the right thing with mastery over crit as you have the Lei Shen trinket. Enchant your items, all of them. Grab those logs when you can.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You are missing Jade Spirit weapon enchant (big DPS loss), cloak chant, chest chant, legs chant. Under 505 average ilvl your non JC sockets should be Brilliant, Reckless, Purfied, however, I would recommend not dropping yourself below 8085 haste when you do this. Some of your reforges are pointless (e.g. Hit -> Spirit), you should make sure you flask every raid otherwise your Alchemy bonus will not apply. When you can try to get the next step done in your Legendary chain so that you can add another prismatic socket to your weapon.

Major Glyphs are important too for example: Vampiric Embrace can be critical to healing when a healer dies or there's a lot of raid damage, Mind Flay is important for when you need to move a lot, etc. etc.

Even with all of that chances are without looking at combat logs if all you're able to eek out is 50k dps in a raid you're doing something very wrong.

Your priorities are Three Orb Devouring Plague > Orb generators (Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death) > Mind Flay: Insanity > DoTs (Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain) > Halo/Cascade/DS > Mind Flay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Something noone else has said as well is what I was told by my friend in midwinter. If you are going to use "Divine Insight" then you should be using "From Darkness, Comes Light"; and if you are going to use "Solace and Insanity" then you should be using "Power Infusion". Those talents work best as those combos. If you are looking to pull out as much dps as possible then you should try to combo those two.

Also "Shadow Priest DoT Timer" might be an addon that you would be interested in trying. Once configured it calculates how much a dmg increase your dots will have when you get buffs and let you know if you should refresh them and how much they will be refreshed for. Also if you do not have a way to track your dots I recommend "ForteXorcist". That will allow you to know when your dots will tick for damage and helps alot with clipping the last tick of your dot when refreshing. Both of these addons can be found on curse.
Edited by Starglams on 4/27/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Something noone else has said as well is what I was told by my friend in midwinter. If you are going to use "Divine Insight" then you should be using "From Darkness, Comes Light"; and if you are going to use "Solace and Insanity" then you should be using "Power Infusion". Those talents work best as those combos. If you are looking to pull out as much dps as possible then you should try to combo those two.

Talent choice is completely dependent on the fight and a major part of optimizing DPS. Just because you're using Solace doesn't necessarily mean you should be using PI. Tortos is a perfect example. Should be running Solace/ToF/Cascade(or Halo) for that fight. You can also use Solace/DI on Twin Consorts since you can DoT Suen when you're doing Lu'lin's phase.

Another problem with PI is that our 2pc wipes out our haste buffs when an apparition adds a tick, making PI significantly less powerful(and the LMG). It works fine with intellect and crit procs though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
04/27/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Starglams

Who is your friend in Midwinter? FDCL basically doesn't get used anymore and it doesn't really make sense that you would have any incentive to pair it with DI over Insanity, which would directly benefit from the increased uptime of Devouring Plague.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Another problem with PI is that our 2pc wipes out our haste buffs when an apparition adds a tick, making PI significantly less powerful(and the LMG). It works fine with intellect and crit procs though.

Don't use the two-piece then?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
04/27/2013 08:41 PMPosted by Pooglecoborg

Don't use the two-piece then?

He has his 4 set already. Unless he has gear to switch it with, he's stuck with it for now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]