Spectral Guise change needed

90 Human Priest
So after a year of playing strictly Disc, I've starting learning shadow, and I'm not gonna go into how our survivability has been and is continuing to be nerfed into the ground (Grrrr), but with everything that's being taken a way from us (Void Shift), we are becoming quite frail. I believe there is a way we can balance this out though.

Fade used to drop target, that was OP sure (I loved it though). Now we have SG for that, great, but what the hell is with my True Form (TF) just standing there and taking the hits?
In any other game I've played (think DotA, Phantom Lancer) the "Clone" keeps moving in the original direction you were moving when you created it.

If you think about it, my TF shouldn't be able to stand still, it doesn't have the brain capacity to do so, nothing told it to stop moving!

IDK, this change would give us a nice boost in survivability, by helping us shake off pesky melees, without pushing us too far over the top.
At the very least, a change like this would increase the usage of SG to a point it could be further balance if needed.

TL;DR Give me something I can work with.

P.S. Wanted to post this in 'Suggestions' but couldn't find it. Plz move it over there if this is inappropriate here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think guise is fine, if someone wants to spend 3 globals on the image for pointless damage, that's great.

I'm not a fan of the moving guise though. Let's be fair, none of the other tier talents come close to competing with guise in PvP at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I think guise is fine, if someone wants to spend 3 globals on the image for pointless damage, that's great.

I'm not a fan of the moving guise though. Let's be fair, none of the other tier talents come close to competing with guise in PvP at the moment.

I am finding that most of the time my SG gets broken or I am knocked out of stealth as soon as I cast it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

I am finding that most of the time my SG gets broken or I am knocked out of stealth as soon as I cast it.

Then you're probably using it randomly instead of using it to avoid CC, deep freezes, swaps and openers, ect.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Am I really hearing a shadowpriest complain about their survivability???? You guys really need to be brought back down to earth.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Am I really hearing a shadowpriest complain about their survivability???? You guys really need to be brought back down to earth.

3.5/10, you'll get a reply from an upset shadow priest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yes, SG absolutely needs to be used correctly vs casters (i.e. dodging a poly). But it's completely useless vs a rogue or dk (WHICH EAT US ALIVE)... all this would do is increase viability vs melee, and actually give us a fighting chance vs those face nommers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]