Disconnected from server .. still 4/30/13

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Bockser my friend, I definitely agree with you. I'm in Nara, Japan and experiencing the exact same problem. Its Blizzard's responsibility to help and fix all technical problems that us, the players, are having. What the hell do we pay you for Blizz? For constant problems or to play a game?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
OK, for those of you still having problem this is how I fixed (as noted on another post). Went to the "apple icon" upper left corner of home page display. Selected system preferences/network, then clicked on advance button (lower right of window). Went to DNS tab and added DNS 207.67.222.222 (think that was it). Selected apply and then logged on to WoW. Initially Wow connected me to a server I have never used. Changed realms to my old server and game now works. Deleted DNS and still works. My guess is the the "maintenance" update on Tuesday deleted our realm selections and the game got lost trying to connect through generic DNS. Hope this helps.
OK, for those of you still having problem this is how I fixed (as noted on another post). Went to the "apple icon" upper left corner of home page display. Selected system preferences/network, then clicked on advance button (lower right of window). Went to DNS tab and added DNS 207.67.222.222 (think that was it). Selected apply and then logged on to WoW. Initially Wow connected me to a server I have never used. Changed realms to my old server and game now works. Deleted DNS and still works. . . .

There is one small--but important--detail that is missing:
--simply adding DNS 207.67.222.222 did not work for me, and
--additionally I used the DNS Server numbers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)=also DID NOT WORK.

Adding those numbers did not work until I also deleted the existing DNS server number, the one that was already there. Be sure to copy any number before deleting it.

I was then able to log in to the game, after adding 8888 and 8844-->listed above.

After logging in successfully I then re-added the number my computer had been using previously & everything is still working perfectly--FINALLY (again--similar problem after "Maintenance" 2 weeks ago).

I think Elflcock is making a good guess when he writes:
. . . My guess is the the "maintenance" update on Tuesday deleted our realm selections and the game got lost trying to connect through generic DNS. Hope this helps.
or something very similar to this.

KEY POINT-->This was not something done by the player base, it was due to something done by Blizzard. Therefore, it would seem easy enough to be "undone" by Blizzard, especially when they see how very many players are experiencing these types of problems.
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
well, you don't have to delete old one, you set priority, then flush dns cache. it prefers dns servers in order entered. so if the new dns is 3rd one, it doesn't actually fix anything if the first dns is the bad one.
well, you don't have to delete old one, you set priority, then flush dns cache. it prefers dns servers in order entered. so if the new dns is 3rd one, it doesn't actually fix anything if the first dns is the bad one.

Good information. This is the part that I did not recall reading previously, until I stumbled across this older thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709861874

If you read that post closely, it does say to "remove" (delete) the existing dns server number.
Though I am sure the fix works equally well by setting the "priority" of the numbers, as noted by Omegal.

It is these important details that are often (usually) missing when various posters, in other threads, appear to claim that simply "adding" the suggested dns server numbers will solve the problem.

As I can verify, simply adding new, different, server numbers will not provide a fix, you have to either delete the existing one, or arrange the numbers in order of preference: "set the priority." Too, after doing that, Omegal suggests flushing the dns cache which is yet another detail that is often missing.
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
OK, for those of you still having problem this is how I fixed (as noted on another post). Went to the "apple icon" upper left corner of home page display. Selected system preferences/network, then clicked on advance button (lower right of window). Went to DNS tab and added DNS 207.67.222.222 (think that was it). Selected apply and then logged on to WoW. Initially Wow connected me to a server I have never used. Changed realms to my old server and game now works. Deleted DNS and still works. My guess is the the "maintenance" update on Tuesday deleted our realm selections and the game got lost trying to connect through generic DNS. Hope this helps.

Minor correction here.

It's 208.67.222.222 not 207.67.222.222

208.67.222.222 is the secondary Open DNS server while 207.67.222.222 isn't actually a valid DNS server.
80 Human Paladin
Cant get past the loading screen in game .... trying to get back into wow with friends of mine... real piss off atm.
Support Forum Agent
Couj, we apologize for the difficulties, and we'll post updates about this connection issue here:

4/30: Disconnection at 90% when loading.

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]