I want to Q with friends in BGs

90 Goblin Death Knight
more then five ppl the whole pug crap is crap... hey blizz just look at your numbers lost a lot of ppl huh? hmmm sad wonder why.... and let the trolls start the posting.... pokemon pandas... about at my end with this game how many of you are ??
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
http://www.thedailyblink.com/2013/02/the-history-of-wow-in-one-panel/

Honest question, What is the next largest MMO, and their numbers?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
So you want to q ith more than 5 but less then 10...Why dont you just get 2 more people and make a rbg team. Seems like you want something easy out of this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
many people have large guilds. why can't they queue up for av or ioc?

other people would like to do causal pvp with their friends... but their friends are low mmr and they are 2200+... they'd never do that.

regular battlegrounds are meant for causal pvp, not honor grinding.
they're also the only place to find large bgs
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well the obvious answer is Blizzard had to prevent premades because it just isn't fair for the other team. At least if you have a good group of friends that know how to coordinate together and work as a team. Get your teammates and do some RBGS and hope that you go against another low MMR team.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
04/30/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Tinymasher

They are for both.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
regular battlegrounds are meant for causal pvp, not honor grinding. they're also the only place to find large bgs

Who is going to que for RBG's when they are a fresh 90? I don't think you will be to successful grinding honor in RGB or arenas. No one will take you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
04/30/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Tinymasher

O.o Where are people supposed to grind honor then? And do you think a bunch of pugs fighting a 40 man premade is "casual"?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
http://www.vgchartz.com/companies/229/blizzard-entertainment/

this is what I got... I am just saying how is it fare when the team I am on suck so bad that it makes me want to just quit the game ? and taking out follow didn't do crap to stop botting blizzard is on the wrong track. the ppl I played with in cata are gone from server and game.

I have been playing this game since its been out back when they had the most players. BGs were just server think about it, just server. we made premades back then as well ppl on the other side still played they made premades to. I dont see the problem here. the casual really the casual, I work full time job I dont have hrs to play I still want premades its called a mmo its a mutliplayer game I want to play with other players. so if premades are to hard on the pug, THEN DONT PUG!

QQ about multiboxers ... they killed you with five toons... wait just you? where was your team ever seen five multiboxers kill five ppl not boxing ya does not happen much. if it does happen shake that boxers hand he can play five toons by himself better then five ppl can play there one >.<

it did shock me that I didnt see a lot of troll post .... are they gone to?
Edited by Multifive on 5/1/2013 4:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
So you want to q ith more than 5 but less then 10...Why dont you just get 2 more people and make a rbg team. Seems like you want something easy out of this.

no I am talking 40 ppl... how many RBG 40 mans do you know of ?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Its really a hoot to me the people who think premades are the devil.

This is an MMO...it's about making friends and having fun. Many of my real and cool friends are sub 1500 on their main characters. I have this toon - yay just got to 1800 - and my mage at mid 1600's for RBG's. I love rated PvP and do it most of the time.

However, there are those among my friends who don't want to be a twitch gamer with perfect timing of abilities...cooldowns...and they may enjoy a class or play style that doesn't fit the current RBG winning mold.

What all you non premader's are saying is : "If you're friends are not as good as you, why do you want to play with them?" The answer is easy....because they are friends. My guild has been together through many MMO titles. We started way back in DAOC and have played several titles together since that once great and super fun MMO.

By making it so I have to play rated with my friends to play organized PvP Blizzard is alienating a crowd of people. Don't think for a minute that's not real. They are alienating those who do not play ranged classes....those who may have some sort of handicap....those who are just not THAT good at PvP. These are cool people who enjoy PvP, not PvE, and are now being forced into a style of gameplay they do not enjoy....so they are getting very frustrated.

AV is an epic BG. It's going to be an epic FAIL BG come 5.3 because it won't be nearly as fun for ANY horde to play in it without their friends. Call me what names you want. Those 40 man games are only fun when you have enough people to organize and execute a strategy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
AV is an epic BG. It's going to be an epic FAIL BG come 5.3 because it won't be nearly as fun for ANY horde to play in it without their friends. Call me what names you want. Those 40 man games are only fun when you have enough people to organize and execute a strategy.

Having a premade is realistically the only way to make AV or IoC not absolutely terrible from a design standpoint.

I think Tinymasher's comment about honor grinding sailed way over people's heads. Unrated BGs are there for unrated(read: casual) PvP. Stop looking at them as a way for you to queue solo and grind. The only reason it's a grind is because people insist on pugging and thinking that's the only way to play.

In Vanilla, it was standard practice to queue as 10-15 for BGs, now all of a sudden it's taboo. World of Warcraft is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG, emphasis on the "multiplayer." I'm pretty damn antisocial, but I'm smart enough to accept the fact that if I want to compete in a team based PvP environment, then it behooves me to make some friends. I'm sorry, but Battlegrounds are not 1v1 spaces, it's not a single player experience. If people are getting frustrated by their teammates, as we all have at one point or another, it only makes sense to be able to dictate who those teammates are.

It's akin to only being able to take a 5 person group into a raid instance, and when you do you get randomly paired with 4 other groups of 5 and get told, "well, otherwise, it's not fair to the bosses because you're too coordinated with 25 people grouped together." Is this really the logic we're hanging onto? Really?

This decision is mind boggling unless Blizzard is trying to chase the PvP community out of the game so they don't have to worry about it anymore, but that seems farfetched even for them. It is completely counter intuitive to design an MMO so as to discourage teamwork. That's what a lot of people play MMOs for...certainly in the PvP community and among my friends.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Just remove the 40 man BGs from the rotation & make a separate queue where full raids can queue for AV, IoC, TB & WG. Problem solved. Most horde blacklist AV & IoC anyways, so the alliance are just fighting bots & players in bad gear.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
again it shows in there sales....

http://www.vgchartz.com/companies/229/blizzard-entertainment/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm going to be honest, I'm not huge into RBG's. I don't have the time to commit to getting my score to a competitive level. Random BG's allow me to play with my friends and guildies when I want to. These changes are funneling my friends away from Random BG's, and into RBG's....where does that leave me.

In the dust.

Well not entirely in the dust, I can always talk to the bot humping the wall.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm going to be honest, I'm not huge into RBG's. I don't have the time to commit to getting my score to a competitive level. Random BG's allow me to play with my friends and guildies when I want to. These changes are funneling my friends away from Random BG's, and into RBG's....where does that leave me.

In the dust.

Well not entirely in the dust, I can always talk to the bot humping the wall.

Agree 100%

Seriously I cannot believe that people complaining about premades is even a thing right now. Ya it sucks to que solo and get stomped by one but that's GOING to happen. It's an mmo, what is the point in playing this game if you could solo everything and never have to play with anyone else? Might as well make it another warcraft.

First it's twinks. Then it's boa gear. Then it's stat scaling. Now it's premades. What's next? How about this, let's make it so that all we do in pvp is stare at each other until one side blinks? That seems like the only thing that will make anyone happy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
If You're (Blizzard) going to remove premades from battlegrounds, then remove 10 man and 25 man raid content. What? I thought those were "pre-made" before you entered to slay the dragon?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
One problem that annoys me everytime I see it is players using the term "premade" willy nilly. Do they mean 5 mans? Do they mean groups of 6+? Do they mean both? It just unnecessarily confuses the issue & it does matter because Blizzard is fine with groups of 2-5 but not fine with groups of 6+.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
If You're (Blizzard) going to remove premades from battlegrounds, then remove 10 man and 25 man raid content. What? I thought those were "pre-made" before you entered to slay the dragon?

Why do people even bother to compare pve and pvp?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]