I want to Q with friends in BGs

90 Undead Death Knight
Oh you mean the same people you quit on because they weren't good enough?
You are such a whiner & so delusional... I got sick of having most (if not all) of my teammates making no attempt to win. I'll fight to the end if my teammates are trying to win, but when match after match it's everyone fighting in mid or on the roads it gets old fast.

I really don't get you... you make no sense at all. Are you one of the players that ignores objectives & screws over your teammates? That's the only possible explanation for the opinions you post.

Well I'd like to direct you to the kind of person that enjoys grouping up and rolling pugs...common sense isn't a quality among them.
You are the last person that should talk about common sense. As I have told you several times now most people run in groups to mitigate the number of bots, bads & players ignoring objectives in their BG. You repeating the same mindless rhetoric over & over doesn't change the truth.
Edited by Infestyx on 5/4/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Priest
wow you do fit that troll definition nicely.

@Quint /adore
Edited by Elohin on 5/5/2013 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
lol 3 trolls in a row... a troll hat trick!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
How about people that want to play with their friends play against other groups of people who want to play with their friends as well? Why can't Blizzard separate grouped players from random solo queuers? I'm all for letting people play together, but why does one have to be at the cost of the other? Why not let groups play against other groups and solo players can play together as well, each in their own happy world?

The only sound argument that can be made for forcing them together is that the groups want to roflstomp the solo players. So much for challenge or "fun", it is just sad.

In all honesty, when you run into those games where the Alliance is completely inept and you know they've given up, how do you Horde players feel? Do you feel that your victory was well deserved? Do you feel any sense of pity?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
How about people that want to play with their friends play against other groups of people who want to play with their friends as well? Why can't Blizzard separate grouped players from random solo queuers? I'm all for letting people play together, but why does one have to be at the cost of the other? Why not let groups play against other groups and solo players can play together as well, each in their own happy world?
What you are asking for already exists... RBGs. Some people want to solo queue... some people want full raids in BGs... Blizzard struck a compromise (5 mans). You are simply being selfish by asking for more.

05/05/2013 03:54 AMPosted by Subtletrick
The only sound argument that can be made for forcing them together is that the groups want to roflstomp the solo players. So much for challenge or "fun", it is just sad.
This is just empty rhetoric. Why do you think RBGs award 400 conquest for a win? Because it takes time to organize them & the competition is tougher than BGs. Why should groups have to face groups for the BG rewards? Again you are being selfish... it's not all about the solo queuer & in fact since WoW is based on team play I'd say your opinion carries less weight.

In all honesty, when you run into those games where the Alliance is completely inept and you know they've given up, how do you Horde players feel? Do you feel that your victory was well deserved? Do you feel any sense of pity?
When a team loses badly it's almost always because they played poorly... and that is their fault (not the other team & not Blizzard). Pugs often crush other pugs too... stop looking for excuses for poor play.
Edited by Infestyx on 5/5/2013 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
When a team loses badly it's almost always because they played poorly... and that is their fault (not the other team & not Blizzard). Pugs often crush other pugs too... stop looking for excuses for poor play.

If that helps you sleep at night, then that's cool. I don't see it that way. Far from fair or anywhere near balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
If that helps you sleep at night, then that's cool. I don't see it that way. Far from fair or anywhere near balanced.
It's the truth so yea I sleep quite well. I am sick & tired of people asking for balance when in almost every case it's simply poor play... the gear excuse is getting old & the "OMG we can't win unless we have more healers" excuse is getting old. I beat better geared teams with more healers almost daily... it's the players behind the keyboard making the difference.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It's the truth so yea I sleep quite well. I am sick & tired of people asking for balance when in almost every case it's simply poor play... the gear excuse is getting old & the "OMG we can't win unless we have more healers" excuse is getting old. I beat better geared teams with more healers almost daily... it's the players behind the keyboard making the difference.

The question is though, do you consider yourself average? The poor play you cite, is that the average in your experience? If so, do you think that the average "baddie" is having fun getting stomped repeatedly? Sure, nothing stops them from being as motivated as you are to use oQueue or switch factions or however you feel you bettered yourself, but odds are people won't do that.

What they will do is stop playing. Is that what you want? Queue times on Horde are increasing in comparison to the Alliance which are always instant. Do you ever question why that is the case?

Groups rolling into random unorganized pugs and demolishing them destroys the spirit of the game. People don't mind winning and losing as long as there is some balance to that equation. Unfortunately, I don't think that give and take is happening very much anymore.

Groups needs to be forced to face other groups. The excuse that "you want to play with your friends" or "I don't want to play with "bads"" ruins the experience for those repeated faceroll groups you ultimately end up facing.

You ignored my question earlier, how do you feel facing those teams repeatedly? How do you think they feel? Do you think they are having fun? Perhaps you have decided you don't care if they are or not, but looking at it from the perspective of the health of the game, do you? Do you think those people enjoy being repeatly killed, gy camped or generally routed at every turn? That may be fun for you, but obviously not for the opposition.

I agree that the upcoming changes in 5.3 aren't going to fix things. Balanced based on MMR would be preferable as opposed to balancing based on role or giving base resilience. Considering the MMR system is already in the game, it is just a lazy as a fix as the role thing, but likely would yield better results for the overall health of the random bg system.
Reply Quote
05/05/2013 04:39 AMPosted by Subtletrick
You ignored my question earlier, how do you feel facing those teams repeatedly? How do you think they feel?

He doesn't like it. It's why he transferred to horde.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
The question is though, do you consider yourself average?
For arenas & RBGs yes. For BGs no... a decent arena/RBG player is well above average in BGs. It's like a 2nd string college player coming home on spring break & playing in the YMCA league.

The poor play you cite, is that the average in your experience?
For alliance lately, yes. Some horde groups as well, but not as frequent.

If so, do you think that the average "baddie" is having fun getting stomped repeatedly?
They can only blame themselves. With a little effort anyone can be an asset in BGs... you don't need to be a 2200 player to excel.

What they will do is stop playing. Is that what you want?
Again they only have themselves to blame.

Groups rolling into random unorganized pugs and demolishing them destroys the spirit of the game
Full premades yes... 5 mans absolutely not. This isn't just my opinion, it's (more importantly) Blizzard's opinion.

Groups needs to be forced to face other groups. The excuse that "you want to play with your friends" or "I don't want to play with "bads"" ruins the experience for those repeated faceroll groups you ultimately end up facing.
Again this is a very selfish & unreasonable request. This is an MMO and PvP is based on group play. Moreover groups vs groups would be an RBG... and RBGs for BG rewards is just not a viable alternative.

You ignored my question earlier, how do you feel facing those teams repeatedly? How do you think they feel? Do you think they are having fun? Perhaps you have decided you don't care if they are or not, but looking at it from the perspective of the health of the game, do you? Do you think those people enjoy being repeatly killed, gy camped or generally routed at every turn? That may be fun for you, but obviously not for the opposition.
When I wreck a team that on paper should have beaten us (overall better gear & in many cases more healers) I have absolutely zero sympathy for them. This is not the exception either... I see it quite often.

I agree that the upcoming changes in 5.3 aren't going to fix things. Balanced based on MMR would be preferable as opposed to balancing based on role or giving base resilience. Considering the MMR system is already in the game, it is just a lazy as a fix as the role thing, but likely would yield better results for the overall health of the random bg system.
MMR in arenas & RBGs make sense because as your ratings rise so does your conquest cap. A BG MMR would not work because it would basically reward failure (bads fighting other bads) and penalize the better players (i.e. they fight other better players for the same rewards). If you are going to make something harder then there should always be a higher reward... if there isn't then it's not a good system.
Edited by Infestyx on 5/5/2013 5:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Priest
lol 3 trolls in a row... a troll hat trick!

omg! Darlin you have made my day! You comparing me to the most awesome Quint and Bandit has just made this ole girl very very happy!

All you need to do now darlin is pull your head out of tiny's butt!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
What they will do is stop playing. Is that what you want?

If they are bad and simply quit, rather than trying to improve themselves, then yea I wouldn't mind a bit longer of a wait time. Last time I was horde, like 4-5 days ago..queue times were around 2 minutes down from 4-5, if it goes up a little more, no one would cry.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
omg! Darlin you have made my day! You comparing me to the most awesome Quint and Bandit has just made this ole girl very very happy!
Most people would consider being compared to Bandit & Quint as an insult... but whatever floats your boat.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
ok I tryed to be nice I said give us a place to do this so we dont so call pick on you ppl that can't work well with others who play a MMO but want to play solo /facepalm.... now no more Mr. nice guy

we do premades I'll see you with my 39 other friends in the BG

167,017 Monthly Downloads
Supports: 5.2.0
294,383 Total Downloads
Updated 47 hours ago
Created 7 December 2012
113 Favorites
Project Site
Comments
Release Type: Release
License: All Rights Reserved
Newest File: oqueue_1.3.1

this is how many we have working together strength in numbers not only are you guys going to lose the battle but lose the war.

you guys learn to work together or feed the ppl premades that ez eat or be eaten. fine you want to call it what ever you want to call it, its a game of alli vs horde. not every one gets a long in happyland. THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if blizz didn't want us to PVP then we would all be on the same side. if its not to be in groups then we would all Q solo with no one else in the BG and play againist a computer.

come all... all are welcome have a life of pvp that is the most fun in pvp you will every have work together to accomplish a goal play with friends make new friends group of pvp and pve a round the clock. work crazy hrs ? well me to get on vent we will be there with the top 10 vent server in the world.. no BS admins keep close eye round the clock the dream of pvp wroking together is finally here.

wow.publicvent.org
port: 4135
all are welcome (even the crazy antisocial, hell even you may make a friend or two)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
if you would spend less time defending premades in the forums and more time learning how to play better then you wouldn't need to stack the deck with a premade.

says the troll
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]