I want to Q with friends in BGs

90 Worgen Druid
Just remove the 40 man BGs from the rotation & make a separate queue where full raids can queue for AV, IoC, TB & WG. Problem solved. Most horde blacklist AV & IoC anyways, so the alliance are just fighting bots & players in bad gear.

they may do that somewhat.. gc commented in some interview on them brainstorming the possibility of removing them completely from bgs and making them like tb/wg more so, i havent seen much talk on it though from blizzard besides that one comment from gc though.

it sounded as if though they wouldnt create it as a separate queue system for large bgs but just a world pvp zone more so
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
According to your theory, I should want to group so that it's 'easier.' I much prefer just playing the solo game, and altering my role to my bodily abilities. Why should that frustrate me? Letting you have such an advantage that my team of pug players now have no chance is much more frustrating than anything I have to put up with.

So, you are already outting yourself from the best of what wow PvP has to offer according to blizzard. All due respect to my elders, it's not "easier" if everyone Q's as a group and everyone has the capacity to. It's more "social" and more "fun" to have real teamwork and an exciting match against an enemy team just as focused as you are....but not necessarily in the same ratings bracket...in the same skill level...or as focused as you are at getting to the upper end of PvP where the challenge is just that much greater.

5 Man is pretty arbitrary. Does that not OP the team in a 10 man BG? But, in a 40 man - that 5 man team is dwarfed and completely incapable of doing much besides defending an important tower / node. Maybe, slowing the enemy advance to the objective - that's about it.

What you are missing my friend is that EVERYONE would have the capability to join as a group of people and have fun with their friends. What - pray tell - is wrong with that?

The problem now is that people really believe the regular non rated BG's are just for gearing up. Holinka furthers that notion with his tweets and his rhetoric and it disgusts me plainly.

The BG's were put in place originally as a place where teamwork mattered. There was an objective besides just kill X number of players. There was a war going on and there was some resource that was being battled over.

That aspect of PvP is pretty much gone and it saddens me. The game has lost much of it's luster to the general PvP crowd - and the casuals are not having fun - not because they get farmed in the regular BG's by premades - but because it doesn't make much sense to them as solo Q'ers why they play with the baddies the bots and the greenies....what PvP is all about....TEAMWORK!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/01/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Jugaa
If You're (Blizzard) going to remove premades from battlegrounds, then remove 10 man and 25 man raid content. What? I thought those were "pre-made" before you entered to slay the dragon?

Why do people even bother to compare pve and pvp?

Jugaa you make some intelligent comments on these otherwise thoroughly trolled out forums so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

The one comment I liked the most is the idea that you could only Q for raids...as a 5 man team and you got arbitrarily Q'd into your raid instance with some random 5 people whom you have never played with before.

Would the be at all logical or healthy to the overall gaming experience?

Hell no.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
BGs are like a YMCA basketball tournament... it's open to the fat kid that got cut from the JV squad to Lebron James... and every player in between.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
One problem that annoys me everytime I see it is players using the term "premade" willy nilly. Do they mean 5 mans? Do they mean groups of 6+? Do they mean both? It just unnecessarily confuses the issue & it does matter because Blizzard is fine with groups of 2-5 but not fine with groups of 6+

6+ more big BGs its so much fun to work together in a BG if you cant ok sorry go play one player game or stay out of the BG pve may be better for you I mean really go play panda pokemon.

my main point here is there are ppl that want both worlds I get that

and for pvp to pve ya there is a diff but really you want to play solo take out 5 mans take out 10 mans take out 25 mans

I want to play with 40 ppl on vent big group I dont care if against blizzard GMs rolling all the bosses in raids

some of my best times in this game was running a premade against a other premade 40v40
so now you going to tell me thats not far as well??? I mean OMG every time ppl say premade they think god wipes out a species of animals. ok then Ill stay out of your solo pvp >.< and pve you stay out of mine give the ppl who really want to premade there own like RBG but in 40 man BUT if the solo want they can pug into fill the spot that we didn't. even a twink mode would work I dont care if I have to wait all day to go against a diff premade its still better then playing with the pugs that set there casting magic miss into the darkness... so more or less you can pug into a RBG but if you dont meet the groups skill lvl just like pve you are out hmm sound familiar (pve). just like what oQueue is doing now but hey to be far you play with the big boys you get the big boy toys.

my big point to come to a compromise or wow will be no more the numbers already show a huge hit soon as someone makes a mmo that runs just like wow but with out the BS I am going there I dont care if it cost double a month I am going there.

1. pokemon panda crap
2. crappy pvp
3. four day ticket times (do to huge GM layoffs I am sure)
4. all my friends have left the game
5. its not how it used to be and I miss that

as a consumer if I dont like it I dont buy it that ez there is more and more ppl like me leaving the game. THAT'S BAD BUSINESS! try a mmo that does not have any players >.< ant a whole lot of fun.
Edited by Multifive on 5/1/2013 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Amojun
85 Night Elf Rogue
Fat Camp

05/01/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Linax
The problem now is that people really believe the regular non rated BG's are just for gearing up.

I don't believe that. So much for 'everyone.' In all honesty, this game is Looney Tunes to me, hence the Bugs Bunny attire, and the Abbott and Costello cc routine. I just play it for fun - I know I can never compete with the 'serious' player, and plainly resent him trying to make me do so. A 5-man in my bg, I can tolerate, but more than that removes any skill I was able to eek out of myself, quite plainly. I like the game in the randoms - it's fun. For no other reason than that.

What more do I need? What more do you need? If the game ceases to be fun, entertaining, amusing, and becomes a serious, master-level tournament, why play? I can't beat the elite players - nor do I try. I just want to play in the randoms, getting what amusement I can from creative cc use, opportunistic, strategic decisions, etc.

Against elites, there are no strategic decisions, really - they know as much as I do, and I'm too slow to use the abilities as they do - it's a loss, foregone. I don't want them to have more than 5 in any *random* bg, so that I can play 'Abbott & Costello meet the Killer,' or 'A Wild Hare,' for the Bugs motif.

Why is that so wrong?

WOW so you are saying if you suck we all should suck with you hmmm >.< well at least its sucking as a group ops did I just say group as in like a premade >.< damn it there goes a diff animal species
Edited by Multifive on 5/1/2013 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
ok then we agree WOW thats huge progress... two diff world works for me /nod

ok blizzard take this and run with it or just end the game give the game to private server and be done... and I dare you to say its not about the money blizzard we are here trying to come to a compromise
Edited by Multifive on 5/1/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ok then we agree WOW thats huge progress

ok blizzard take this and run with it or just end the game give the game to private server and be done... and I dare you to say its not about the money blizzard we are here trying to come to a compromise

I'm not sure what you're agreeing on...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
ok then we agree WOW thats huge progress

I'm not sure what you're agreeing on...

fixed that post but ya read up on it
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/01/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Amojun
ok blizzard take this and run with it or just end the game give the game to private server and be done

No need. There are a rather large number of pirate 'wow' servers available. They are running right now.

ya you don't need to pay for them either but that is not allowed by blizzard and they don't run the best from what I hear... lets not get sidetracked
Edited by Multifive on 5/1/2013 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/01/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Amojun
fixed that post but ya read up on it

I don't see any relevant fix.

Looney Tunes != The Terminator.

That's really the simplistic definition of the two camps. Mixing them was already accomplished. You get 5. You have a fair chance to outskill me with your tactics and team, and I have a fair chance to munch my carrot, wag my tail, and bolt down my hole.

The 5-man is fine. You don't need more, though again, I did predict that you would break before me - I gave up trying to eliminate you, and you're still on me.

Have a carrot.

lol wow no man you are not the only one that feels that way and same with me... you go play your carefree game and ill play mine in diff worlds thats the fix

I dont want to pug stomp never said that
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The one comment I liked the most is the idea that you could only Q for raids...as a 5 man team and you got arbitrarily Q'd into your raid instance with some random 5 people whom you have never played with before.

pve is all scripted...not against other players. Why would it matter if you can "premade" them?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The OP basically said just that - they want more than 5

I do agree there should be a place for groups more than 5. 5 compared to 40 is a very LOW number. RBGs are not for everyone..and well, war games..LOL! Sounds like they may have something in the works, so let's just wait for 5.3 and see what they come up with ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]