I want to Q with friends in BGs

90 Worgen Warlock
I see np with groups in the 40 man BGs. Would make it fun again imo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
And where is Fae in all this? Suddenly the champion of groups and their fairness is now silent?
I was holding a meeting at work!

To summarize my position:

- Separate 40 Man BGs from 5 & 15 man BGs (totally different queues) & add WG/TB to this queue

- Allow 5 mans in 5 & 15 man BGs

- Allow full raids in the 40 Man BG queue
Edited by Infestyx on 5/1/2013 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
05/01/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Amojun
I don't care about your opinion.

likewise.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warrior
have you ever seen the rath strat?
have you ever seen the reach-around?
have you ever seen the foot job or the slingshot?
have you ever seen the pincer, or the double-pincer?
have you ever seen the STP or the demo stack?
have you ever seen the hoodwink or the backcap N slap?
have you ever seen the mammoth strat or the head-on?
have you ever seen the udm or the cheap coat?

these are some of the many strats and tactics in AV.

if all you do is 5man or less chances are, you haven't.
the alliance use many of the same sorts of things. AV,
like all the bg's, are about teamwork. they're designed
around the team and teamwork. if you're there to get
it over with as fast as possible you're missing out on
the best the battlegrounds have to offer. if you've never
seen these strategies and tactics in action then i can see
why some may have a bad taste and are so inclined to
have the normal battlegrounds made into a solo ffa.

premades do not mean easy mode or auto-win. it means
you're typically going to have a better experience playing
the game. win or lose, grouping with others is fun, and is
very much in the spirit of the experience. why remove that?

the battlegrounds are about teamwork, win objectives, strategies
and tactics. all of them. it's how they're designed. sure. there's
achievements for solo efforts but those dovetail into the team
based structure. as to stomping, well, it is a battleground afterall,
and let's not forget achievements for doing this very thing.

there's nothing wrong with premades. nothing.
working together, having fun, battling the opposing
faction, warcrafting, etc., is the spirit of the experience.

ya win some, ya lose some, but at least try to win, with teamwork.

if you're solo only or 5man only, you're being cheated. yes, five
or less can have an impact on the flow of the battle but you're
missing out on many things the game has to offer. and, if you have
run with premades and seen some of the fun, the strats, the tactics
and then run five or less you have an opportunity to share this bg
experience to those that are missing out. maybe some of your sharing
will stick and another will begin to realize the spirit of the experience.

premades. in-game friends. teamwork. this is the spirit of the experience.
why remove this?

pug stompers? i don't think you understand, fully, what a pug happens to be.
and btw, premade v premade and somebody often gets stomped. rbg's too.
stomping happens. it's the nature of the battleground. somebody will lose and
many times with a sound beating. there's nothing wrong with this at all. nothing.

Cheers.
Pleb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
05/01/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Amojun
5 people hardly make a difference in those BGs.

And where is Fae in all this? Suddenly the champion of groups and their fairness is now silent?

5 in wsg is a catastrophe - we're ok with that. lol
5 in av is not much of an advantage - nerf Bugs!

The hypocrisy is getting a bit thick.

This is where things do indeed get tricky. I personally feel five man groups fit in really well in 15 mans, they're a little too much for 10 mans, but not enough for 40 mans. But I think that is a compromise in itself. The matchmaking system could work out a lot better if there were limits based on the battleground size, but despite that, I do not think it's fair to not allow 5 man groups in all the battlegrounds (despite how it affects 10 mans.) This is the main reason I would like to see better matchmaking, it doesn't limit player's options (which is a bad thing) but still allows for a little more competition and balance.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

That's an opinion...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

Not in 5.3. No more gear, no more honor grind. So why not go back to letting full premades play reg bgs?

They're not removing honor gear in 5.3

I know they're not, but it will be pointless. So... no more "honor grind" excuses.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

They're not removing honor gear in 5.3

I know they're not, but it will be pointless. So... no more "honor grind" excuses.

Not sure I follow.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
5 mans in a 10 man BG do have more of an impact than a 15 man or 40 man BG... that's common sense. However as most of us realize there is no such thing as an auto win... the 5 man might be mediocre or even bad and/or the pug players might be playing as poorly as bots. Moreover there might be a 5 man in the other faction as well.

Blizzard is OK with 5 mans and so am I... I want to know that 4 players have my back. I have been in far too many (solo queue) BGs where I was literally the only person on my team going after the EFC or assaulting a 2nd node.
Edited by Infestyx on 5/1/2013 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Which reminds me, had an interesting game last night. :l
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
in a way I see Amo's point he is scared that ppl who work together would walk all over him ok again you have your BG we will have ours...

he can have his RP BG

we can have our fast killem all BG

botting.... take out the way botting makes it worth it to do it and then done they won't do it

Amo we can go on and on I see what side you are on so stay there

cookie and milk.... you have the cookie and want milk with it as well. you are saying you don't want us there cuz its to hard? well there is your milk setting in the park and there is ppl there building it in the sun why are setting in the shade....thats fine do it your way we don't want to be where you are at so let us do our own thing

and ya I have seen ppl do this with out a premade does not happen much and well when that BG is over there is a chance you will not see them again
Reply Quote

That's an opinion...

If you can't win with a 5 man group(regardless of gear) in wsg against a full pug then something is wrong. I que'd with 3 pve friends back in the day and it got boring fast. I'm not sure where the fun is unless you are facing another group or enjoy "bullying".
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
wow idk how it got all the way to this but back to the 1st post I just want a place to do what we do with premades and I can care less about the flowers you pick in the others is what I was getting at

If by 'us' you mean >6, yeah, that's about the size of it.

It's pretty standard for pros not to play amateurs in most 'sports.' It's boring for them, and frustrating for us. The interesting, unique part in Wow is that the 'pros' feel the need to act as a predator upon the amateurs.

Milk and cookies and nap time and carrots and 'what's up doc' for us.

Chain cc, synchronous target switching, BiS everything, and elite gear for you.

Strangely, though, nah, the 'pro' wow player feels some sort of satisfaction at killing the roadrunner.

point made /nod and again and again and again and one more time! you play the way you do, we will play the way we do. We want somewhere else to do it that pugs can still come in if the feel they can play with the big boys thats all I am saying
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
If you can't win with a 5 man group(regardless of gear) in wsg against a full pug then something is wrong. I que'd with 3 pve friends back in the day and it got boring fast. I'm not sure where the fun is unless you are facing another group or enjoy "bullying".
Last time I checked wanting 4 competent teammates is not "bullying".
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Infestyx
Last time I checked wanting 4 competent teammates is not "bullying".

That isn't but rolling teams as a means of enjoyment is. I can take four of my basketball teammates down to the local park for pickup games and it my be entertaining at for a couple of games but it would get old fast. After a couple of weeks guys would see us coming and leave. It would really ruin the spirit of that environment. There's a place for organized games and a place for pickup ones.

I really question your motive if you find enjoyment in winning easily when the other team has little chance. I see constant bashing of solo que'ers but in the same breath don't want to be separated from them in bg's. Seems fishy.

My two cents.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
Posted by Multifive
I mean OMG every time ppl say premade they think god wipes out a species of animals. ok then Ill stay out of your solo pvp

God never did that - we did, repeatedly, and yes, staying out of our solo pvp would be nice.

we took out the dinosaurs? all of them? from 65 million years in the future? cool.

/facepalm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]