Did WoW Kill Dungeons and Dragons?

19 Blood Elf Paladin
You whipper snappers, World of Greyhawk is all I play.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No, 4e did actually suck.

3.5 marks the last expansion of true story writing requirements from the DM. True, the games are more accessible, and people still write good campaigns, but before 4e, you had no choice but to be entirely creative yourself.

I've yet to play Pathfinder, but I've heard many good things. Hopefully for the better.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Heh reminds me of my favourite parody comic. Order of the stick.

He uses 3.5 rules in it... but in one of his published books, he has a short story on the team meeting the 4th Ed counterparts.

Was amazing...

4th ed sucks. I will always be a 3.5 person for D&D.. hell I'd rather use Thac0 than 4th ed mechanics.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Hunter
And what of video games? AD&D, Second Edition, Third Edition, Three-point-Five... all of them had enormously popular titles with them. From Pools of Radiance to the superb Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights, Temple of Elemental Evil, Eye of the Beholder and so on.What games came out for the fourth edition playset?Nothing. Not even the online-only DDO which ran concurrently with fourth edition. They even made that a bastardized version of 3.5.

Have to agree this has been a disappointing aspect of 4e as well, though to be fair the big 4e based title "Neverwinter" has yet to be released. So I'm withholding judgement til it comes out this summer. But they certainly could have done more. They brought back both the Dark Sun and Gamma World settings, either one of which could have made for a decent video game.
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Paladin
you can play Neverwinter now!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]