MW in PVP

90 Tauren Monk
Anyone can help me decide should I stack crit or mastery? I see myself having an issue with mastery and my RBG team mates running through the bubbles since I don't run with one particular group.

Please look at my current specs and suggest what should be changed? I just purchased a few pieces and have not had a chance to reforge. I welcome criticisim...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Crit is way better than mastery, beside the fact that no one ever walks through the bubbles, crit helps your mana regen. reforge everything to spirit and crit.

I'd change those glyphs too, unless you need cracking jade lightning for something specific. Life cocoon, mana tea, and then pick the 3rd, I like renewing mists.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I don't have too much experience as a MW yet, but I chose to go crit over mastery. Haste seems like more of a PVE stat, and it is only useful at very specific break-points. I do not like our mastery because of how random the bubbles can be, and honestly in a PVP scenario it may not even be possible (or realistic) for some one to waddle through a bubble for a little bit of extra healing. Crit, as Fungshui mentioned, directly increases mana regeneration through increased mana tea stacking, but also because a crit heal is going to heal for more while at the same mana cost as a non-crit heal, thus actually lowering the amount of heals you have to cast. And less casts, means more mana saved. Sort of another benefit of crit as I see it.

Also - getting a huge crit off of Thunder Focus tea has the potential to really bring some one back from the brink of death.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
you're gemming far too much resilience. Try to achieve a good amount of spirit (9K+) while having a good amount of resil (66-67%) also get rid of windsong, asap. It's a terrible enchant for MWers. Haste/Mastery/Crit. It's terribad.

Also, remove cele and get Tiger's Lust. It's by far the best for any comp in any form of pvp.

Stick with Diffuse magic unless you go up against a comp that doesn't use magic, then use Healing Elixirs.

EDIT: And you got the wrong Tyr staff. Get the spirit one.

EDIT2: You're also using a lot of caster dps gear. 4k spirit is way too low.
Edited by Pulse on 5/1/2013 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Green/Blue sockets gem Spirit/Resil gems
Orange/Red socket Intel/Resil Gems
Orange/Yellow socket Resil Gems
+216 Intel & +2% Maximum Mana or Spirit.
Intel is better than PVP Power. You can gem Intel/Spirit in Green/Blue sockets if you wanted, but i find sometimes you might get into strife without that resil.

Reforge to Crit.
Get glyph of Paralysis, Life Cacoon, Mana Tea.
Get belt/enchants/gems everywhere. Jade spirit if you got tonnes of gold.
Don't use casters trinket. Use Battlemaster or Relic of Chi Ji. I recommend Relic of Chi Ji if upgraded.

T1 - TL all the time
T2 - Chi Wave, Zen Sphere is crap.
T3 - Ascension
T4 - RoP or Leg Sweep depending on comp/situation
T5 - Diffuse Magic majority of the time. Healing Elixirs against most melee comps, dampen harm isn't that great.
T6 - Chi Torpedo is AMAZING! Roll to Torpedo healing/dmg while torpedoing. Xuen is also really good in situations.

Get JC & BS for professions if ya got gold.

Don't panic in situation " Oh f**k their going ham, ill pop Fortifying Brew, life cacoon, RoP and Zen Meditation" all at the same time. If its a melee comp siting on you or a partner give em a RoP etc...
Edited by Havocz on 5/1/2013 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why do you have a 240 resil gem in your shoulders?
Reply Quote
I have around 5k spirit and I NEVER run oom. I usually only do random bgs because thats all I have time for. However I usually top heals, never die, have full mana and 10+ stacks of tea..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have around 5k spirit and I NEVER run oom. I usually only do random bgs because thats all I have time for. However I usually top heals, never die, have full mana and 10+ stacks of tea..

Random bgs=/=arena/RBG.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Green/Blue sockets gem Spirit/Resil gems
Orange/Red socket Intel/Resil Gems
Orange/Yellow socket Resil Gems
+216 Intel & +2% Maximum Mana or Spirit.
Intel is better than PVP Power. You can gem Intel/Spirit in Green/Blue sockets if you wanted, but i find sometimes you might get into strife without that resil.

I'm gonna have to disagree on this. Gemming resil is so unnecessary. We have some of the highest mobility and survivability of any healers. In arenas, very rarely will teams focus a monk healer. We will almost always be cc'ed instead, and our partners will be the focus targets. Because of this, gemming resil does next to nothing, while power or int boosts healing on your partner.
Even in cases where you are the target, having the extra power or int boosts your own healing on yourself when you're spamming those healing spheres.
I'm sitting at just under 65% resil, with a gemming focus on pvp power (pure power blues, int/power reds, resil/power yellows), and I never have any issue with survivability. Pretty much every arena loss I've ever had has come down to being chain cc'ed and my partner killed, not me dying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]