Best Horde Race Monk PvP?

Hey there! I am looking to level a Monk on the Horde side, and was wondering what my best option would be race wise for Monk PvP? My main spec will probably be WW but I plan on eventually learning MW as well overtime. I notice most Horde WW's are Orc and most Horde MW's are UD.

TL;DR: Which Horde race would be best for both specs (WW + MW) in PvP? Thank you!
Edited by Magicshot on 5/1/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
1.) WoF is very helpful! Being able to break a fear is sweet
2.) Touch of the grave procs a ton for me, especially while leveling.
3.) Undead look sexy on a cloud ;)

I have two undead characters though, so my opinion is bias lol go for whatever is aesthetically pleasing to you. Orc's stun resist is a pretty good ability too, as a main rogue I cringe when I see them in an arena.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
WW - Orc for sure, stun reduction and enrage whatevery dps class wants
MW- Undead is the best right now for fear break, but this might change in 5.3 when they get nimble brew. Stun reduction doesn't really help monk because of dematerialize. In general Orc and Undead are the best pvp horde races. for serious pvpers who heal, shaman all go orc, priests all go undead. druid and paladin can't be either, monk gets to choose.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Well the orc stun reduction is still useful as a MW, especially in combination with the stun reduction meta gem since it means less time sitting in a HoJ/Kidney/Asphyx/etc. However, I'll agree that at the moment Undead is the best option for a MW. The extra fear break overall is probably more useful than a second shaved off of a stun since MWs don't really get trained down in stuns anyways.

Even in 5.3 when MW get nimble brew, Undead will probably still be the best for MW since you'd have double fear breaks in addition to a trinket.

You could go Tauren just for the awesome-ness of being a Tauren monk. Warstomp is still a very strong ability as a healer. But if you're strictly looking for the absolute best race:

MW - Undead
WW - Orc
Reply Quote
Thank you for the responses. I realize that Orc is better for WW and UD is better for MW, but what is best for DUAL spec? Primary being WW and secondary being MW.
Edited by Magicshot on 5/1/2013 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone else?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
OH well for Dual Spec it's Troll.......
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I like my BE silence to kill that low health healer with a good old silence chain combo...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Def forsaken for pvp.
Reply Quote
Bumps
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Much as I enjoy the extra interrupt and casually throwing myself off cliffs, I have to go with the forsaken on this one.
Their racials are the only ones that fit both specs. (assuming you arnt using Xuen for MW pvp).

I'm sure you can find a suitable transmog so you dont have to look at your zombie grossness...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
most def forsaken are best for both worlds.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
Yea, don't roll pandaren if you want good pvp action, it wont work out
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
holy 2013 batman
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]