Could we get a PvP battleground?

90 Pandaren Monk
Battle grounds have always been missing an important part of world pvp.... PvP. Make it like a big arena but not so big that people can't hide. 10 to 15 players forced into all out pvp. First to so many kills or 10 minutes, whichever comes first, wins the round.

No need to even create an area for it. Just make a copy of Blackrock mountain in an instance.

That is PvP I would actually like... its the reason I liked AV so much back before it was turned into race where pvp sometimes breaks out.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Gurubashi Arena says hi.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Gurubashi Arena says hi.

Darkmoon Arena also says hello.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
05/02/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Nefram

Darkmoon Arena also says hello.

I think the OP is looking for something on a larger scale.

Also team based. I don't want factions fighting themselves... I hated that about arena.

I want it like arena in that you can't run and hide to reset fights... or you can but its insanely hard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The Temple of what ever its called? Anytime I go in all I see is the Horde running around the outside of the Arena while the Alliance stands in the middle with the orbs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The Temple of what ever its called? Anytime I go in all I see is the Horde running around the outside of the Arena while the Alliance stands in the middle with the orbs.

Kotmogu, i feel bad for your battlegroup then if they do that lol.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
10 to 15 players forced into all out pvp

WSG?

Oh yeah... there is a flag there also.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What I want is a 15 vs 15 Deathmatch type battleground. Most kills at the end of the game wins. None of these objective games.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
With the way PVP currently is, this BG would be terrible.
Reply Quote
This would get boring quick.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Make AV big again and slow down IoC. Mission accomplished.

We have enough BGs to take these out of the rotation now and make them persistent battlegrounds, can we have them played the way they were obviously meant to be?
Edited by Fifira on 5/2/2013 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I think what pvp needs is a battle ground where if u die ur dead. Open up ghost mode so u can wonder around and watch but disable chat... maybe :P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I think what pvp needs is a battle ground where if u die ur dead. Open up ghost mode so u can wonder around and watch but disable chat... maybe :P

That's called "arena."

Even mass kill games with set numbers of respawns never leave it at 0 respawns for a reason: 1) Boring, 2) Over-rewards coordinated focus fire.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Battle grounds have always been missing an important part of world pvp.... PvP. Make it like a big arena but not so big that people can't hide. 10 to 15 players forced into all out pvp. First to so many kills or 10 minutes, whichever comes first, wins the round.

No need to even create an area for it. Just make a copy of Blackrock mountain in an instance.

That is PvP I would actually like... its the reason I liked AV so much back before it was turned into race where pvp sometimes breaks out.

What you're asking for is a straight Death Match type of Battleground. I'm not sure it would be compelling as you think. I'm a big fan of DM as well, at least in FPS', but for an MMO like World of Warcraft, I question how enjoyable it would be in the long run for people. I think for players who feel very comfortable with their abilities, straight head on PvP like that would be fun for them, but for others, I'm not sure it would have the same appeal.

That said, I'm not killing the discussion. I'm just interested in how you feel this would work or appeal to a wide enough audience for it to be worth creating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think Southshore/Tarren Mill speak to it being desired. But that's gone now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

What you're asking for is a straight Death Match type of Battleground. I'm not sure it would be compelling as you think. I'm a big fan of DM as well, at least in FPS', but for an MMO like World of Warcraft, I question how enjoyable it would be in the long run for people. I think for players who feel very comfortable with their abilities, straight head on PvP like that would be fun for them, but for others, I'm not sure it would have the same appeal.

That said, I'm not killing the discussion. I'm just interested in how you feel this would work or appeal to a wide enough audience for it to be worth creating.

i think a DM style BG would really appeal to players.

i mean, we are talking like an all out brawl. 10vs10, or 15vs15, hell even 40vs40. you have so much time to have more kills than the other side.

imagine it, we're talking groups going to flank the other side, a group of steathies going invis then opening on a healer in the middle, locks mages and boomkins on the edge dropping massive aoe, melee dps going at it like linemen in the NFL. it would be GLORIOUS!!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think Southshore/Tarren Mill speak to it being desired. But that's gone now.

People forget that Southshore/Tarren Mill occurred because there were no battlegrounds at the time. It was "the place to go" if you wanted mass amounts of faction vs. faction PvP. I remember, I was there. I also remember hoping a spell would go off in time. ;)

As much as I'd love to believe everyone loves PvP, it's not true. That said though, I think World of Warcraft has managed to introduce PvP to more people who may have never tried it before. This is a good thing. Creating interesting PvP encounters is important for continuing to keep people interested in it though.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

i think a DM style BG would really appeal to players.

i mean, we are talking like an all out brawl. 10vs10, or 15vs15, hell even 40vs40. you have so much time to have more kills than the other side.

imagine it, we're talking groups going to flank the other side, a group of steathies going invis then opening on a healer in the middle, locks mages and boomkins on the edge dropping massive aoe, melee dps going at it like linemen in the NFL. it would be GLORIOUS!!

05/02/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Fifira
Make AV big again and slow down IoC. Mission accomplished.

Trust me, it will happen in an AV where the kills actually matter more than zerging, without removing all objectives. It would happen in an IoC that was slowed down, too.
Edited by Fifira on 5/2/2013 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
35 Dwarf Warrior

I don't know that it would appeal to a wide-enough audience, but sometimes mindless PvP is the most fun. I think the most frustrating thing about the existing Battlegrounds is when people don't play the objective (that is, they just graveyard camp or fight in the middle in WSG, or on the roads in AB/EotS). Having a battleground where doing nothing but killing people is playing the objective might be fun. I think the closest we have to that is Temple of Kotmogu, and IMO that is easily the most fun Battleground.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]