Healer with good DPS/ DPS spec

90 Orc Death Knight
I was leveling my druid, but at 86 I just started to lose interest in him, I was leveling as balance but the damage is so low and it just feels tedious.
I played a Holy Pally through WOTLK and Cata and enjoyed it, but I'm not about to pay to have him transferred/faction changed so I'd have to start over.

I want to level a healer that can alternate between dps and healing and is competitive in both.

From what I understand, Ret Pally dps is really lacking in this expansion but Holy is amazing (though getting nerfed in 5.3).
Shamans seem to be so-so in both dps and healing (but Enh Shamans are getting a nice buff in 5.3).
SPriests aren't what they used to be but both healing specs are doing excellent right now. Druids are doing competitive dps as Feral and Balance at 90, but they are having issues keeping up healing wise.
I don't know a lot about Monks other than that people say they are fun in any spec, they have competitive healing, and that WW is lacking in dps (but 5.3 seems like it might fix that).

If I were to level in a healing spec, which class would be better for that?

Thank you in advance!
Reply Quote
I was leveling my druid, but at 86 I just started to lose interest in him, I was leveling as balance but the damage is so low and it just feels tedious.
I played a Holy Pally through WOTLK and Cata and enjoyed it, but I'm not about to pay to have him transferred/faction changed so I'd have to start over.

I want to level a healer that can alternate between dps and healing and is competitive in both.

From what I understand, Ret Pally dps is really lacking in this expansion but Holy is amazing (though getting nerfed in 5.3).
Shamans seem to be so-so in both dps and healing (but Enh Shamans are getting a nice buff in 5.3).
SPriests aren't what they used to be but both healing specs are doing excellent right now. Druids are doing competitive dps as Feral and Balance at 90, but they are having issues keeping up healing wise.
I don't know a lot about Monks other than that people say they are fun in any spec, they have competitive healing, and that WW is lacking in dps (but 5.3 seems like it might fix that).

If I were to level in a healing spec, which class would be better for that?

Thank you in advance!

It's quite tedious to level by questing as a healer. You can NOT do this as Resto Druid or Resto Shaman. With Atonement (Disc Priest) this may be more doable. I have heard Holy Pallies can do this but this may or may not change next xp.

One thing you should consider is this. Do the specs of the class you want to play share armor? All priests use Int Cloth. But Feral Druids use Agility Leather which Resto Druids do NOT. (Moonkins do but if you don't like a moonkin you're stuck).

Leveling a healer in BG's and Instances is very doable, and then you need not worry about the above.

Try making a toon on the PTR and playing the different specs! You'll discover what you like that way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I wouldn't worry about which spec is bad at healing or DPS unless you're trying to get in a top guild or something. I like my resto/enhancement shaman and my resto/feral druid. Just have fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]