Do you have more than one?

89 Draenei Warrior
Tank toon!? Long story short I came back from along break recently. I am having a tough time trying to decide what my main should be. I played a bear all through cat and don't find it engaging at all anymore. I leveled a dk and hate the rune system. My pally has been shelved since BC. That leaves warrior or monk really. So I guess my question is what is the level of fun you have with each tank toon! Mine would be warrior>bear>pally>dk. I haven't played enough monk to form an opinion!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh god yes. I level about two tanks per expansion.

But you can find several versions of this topic all over the forum, with dozens of responses--no need to start a new thread here.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
At the moment I have... four tanks at 90, but my Druid isn't in any way, shape, or form geared. DK is 88.

Not really interested in Guardian this expansion though. I might look into my Blood DK more if they get buffed next patch, since I don't think I gave it a fair rap. Next expansion, definitely gonna look at the kits of both those specs again though!

My favorite is Prot Warrior, followed pretty closely by Brewmaster. A bit behind that is Paladins; I am really annoyed at the fact that Protection Paladin damage is extremely lackluster with 0 Vengeance.

Mainly I love my Prot Warrior because of the playstyle. It's super predictable; yes, Rage is slightly RNG, but Rage is VERY easy to plan around with Unending Rage glyph and simply with having so many rage generators at hand. Everything I do has a noticeable impact, which is what I love the most. If I hit Shield Slam, it's gonna hit for a lot. If I hit Shield Block or Barrier, it's gonna stop a LOT of damage.

My Brewmaster, I enjoy a lot because there's so many different things to capitalize on. It's not just "get better Shield Block timing" or "hit your rage generators more," it's a load of smaller defensives that add up and make a Monk tank really damn good. Basically I feel like there's a nice progression in terms of getting better at Monk tanks, and it's a very polished tank spec.

I don't quite enjoy the changes to Prot Pally that they made from Cataclysm, but I do understand why they were made. I'm still very thrown off by ShoR being off GCD, and MoP Pally is definitely not a spec that I have picked up as easily as my Monk. I do feel like there's quite a bit I could work on to be a really good Pally tank though, which is pretty fun. The raid utility I can bring is just awesome.
But you can find several versions of this topic all over the forum, with dozens of responses--no need to start a new thread here.
It'd be a necro. It's not like this forum is slogged down by a bajillion new threads every day anyway.
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/25/2013 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior
I am really intrigued by brewmaster. But I am not sure if they are common or not like DKs flooding everything in wrath. I enjoyed my bear because there wearnt alot of us. That being said I am really torn between leveling a monk or making this guy my main.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have two level 90 bears, a 90 Dk, a 90 warrior and a 90 monk. I have two level 85 paladins, just haven't gotten around to leveling them >.>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Used to play dk and war along with my paladin. Dailies and LFR suck so bad I cant put myself thru the couple weeks it takes to get them current.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I used to. In Wrath and Cata, I had a Pally and a DK. I used them for quick heroic queues (near the end of the expansion for Cata) but I didn't really like tanking much. I preferred to heal, but heal queues were too long.

Now I mainspec Brewmaster and I tried to level my Pally, but holy crap was it boring and slow in comparison. I'm just not gonna bother with any others because nothing compares.

I am really intrigued by brewmaster. But I am not sure if they are common or not like DKs flooding everything in wrath. I enjoyed my bear because there wearnt alot of us. That being said I am really torn between leveling a monk or making this guy my main.

Monk. Brewmasters aren't as common as DK tanks were back in the day because we're a lot harder to play well than they were when they were released. A good Brewmaster is a force to be reckoned with and a real rarity.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
I got two Bears, 1 monk, 1 prot paly, 1 prot war and 1 blood dk
All decently geared All these are 90. Got a 1 paly thats chilling at 85
Edited by Hiimawsome on 4/26/2013 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Let's see, there's this toon thats my main. I also have a Bear that's raid ready. My DK is also 90 but I havent bothered gearing him yet. Have an 85 warrior thats still stuck on my old server, which I might move here and level at some point. And then there's my lowbie Monk.

So yeah, I've got more than 1 tank, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
90 Monk
90 Druid
90 DK
87 Monk
87 Warrior
86 Warrior
85 Druid
85 Paladin
85 DK
85 Warrior
80 DK

I don't like paying for server transfers when I can avoid it! I have a hard time leveling anything that isn't a tank. :[ In previous expacs, any tanks that made it to cap on whatever my primary server was at the time were all fully geared/gemmed/enchanted, but I've really let that slide with mists. There's enough to do that I don't feel the need to fully maintain a small army. (Also, brewmasters > everything else. :D )
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have a hard time leveling anything that isn't a tank. :[

Ditto.

90 monk
90 warrior (Khazzon@durotan)
88 druid (filfaren@whisperwind)
85 DK (not played yet this xpac)
85 Paladin (not played yet this xpac)
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior
Looks like I have a brewmaster slog coming up then. It's interesting how many of us have different tanks. I have not really burned out on it ever. My disc priest it WOTLK made it so I will never heal again haha
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have to be honest, for me it is a control issue. I hate waiting, so the instant dungeon queues appeal to me, and I also know that it is the least dependent of the roles on someone else in said dungeon.

The tank sets the pace, and as long as you are getting a modicum of healing, you can just keep on rolling. When I play my healer or dps classes, I am dependent on the tank most of the time, and I cannot stand that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
no but i would like to have more then one problem is i have a hard time learning more then just 1 spec thus i will easily get bored just tanking. plus i am only level 34. I want to make a monk tank or bear tank but i had no BoA.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I want to make a monk tank or bear tank but i had no BoA.

Uhm, you have a 90 druid now!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/26/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Khazzon
I want to make a monk tank or bear tank but i had no BoA.

Uhm, you have a 90 druid now!

A wiser person than I once said:

SUM DURIDS IS MOON KIN

1) Them 1s is look all funny liek maybe form MOON! LOL!

2) mostly uh moonkin is 4 a spam moonfare
3) them haf sum good armors & fite storng.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm not sure why people are saying Blood is nerfed :( it makes me cry... on the inside.

Seriously though? If I can find the time to get into raids, I'm often the last surviving... by a minute or two sometimes... >.>. If you can time yourself right... you can bs mechanics...

I dont have much experience with other classes as I only have my dk, mage and pallie up at cap, although... my pally is pretty decent, a lot more raid utility than my dk, but a lot less survival I find... You can throw out ONE decent heal every couple of minutes but... eh.

I like my slutty belf blood dk ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Seriously though? If I can find the time to get into raids, I'm often the last surviving... by a minute or two sometimes... >.>. If you can time yourself right... you can bs mechanics...

I think they are talking about some H 25 man content this tier, but mostly they are talking about how DKs will not scale into the next tier hardmodes when bosses are just going to hit for so much that the DKs self healing will not overcome it. Nor will the shield. It just evaporates and the DK dies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes I do. I have several paladins all tanks. This guy, an 85, a 62 and a 20. I have 2 prot warriors, 1 87 the other 40. 2 Blood DK's 1 is 90 the other is 83, and 2 Guardian Druids 1 90 the other 85.

I love the lore of the game so the multiples come from having at least one horde and one alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I have a hard time leveling anything that isn't a tank. :[

Seriously. Level 90 of all five tanking classes and then some 88s chilling, waiting for -I guess- 5.3 to roll around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]