Warrior or Paladin

90 Pandaren Warrior
I would like to start soloing as either a prot warrior (this character) or a prot paladin (lvl 89 atm)

and would like yalls advice as to which would have a better advantage on higher end content.

Such as Cata Heroics for Drake mount runs and such if that is possible....im not sure as this is

my first time, got bored and deleted my dk as i wanted something more "engaging" no

disrespect to the dk community though. Inspired by a Tauren warrior who soloed a warbringer

yesterday as i looked on and got me thinking so now im here asking for advice. Thank you for

for your time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
if it helps, i do have experience tanking firelands with my warrior some and dragonsoul/heroics

with my paladin so i am familiar with the play style somewhat but haven't done much since MoP

launched due to class changes. guess its a question of survivability, functionability, and damage

output to beat enrages if there are any on old mechanics like say for instance the ToC10 raid?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1v1 i beleve warriors > pally
AoE Pally > warrior

i would ASSUME pally is easier to solo with as they have lots of cd's they can pop and they can easily heal themselves. Warrior im not sure about i don't know any warriors that solo'd anything. Warbringers are not hard to solo btw. the main problem with soloing them is people trying to reset it or at least that was the MAJOR problem when they were first released.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Warriors are fine at soloing old content. Second Wind is solid healing, SBarrier is more (if necessary), and you're still fairly durable as a dps for those fights where you need more damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Ok thanks for the input yall. Im really liking the playstyle and utility of the warrior with banners, demo shout, multi charging and whatnot....one question, with old raid soloing as prot, what would you reccomend for the healing talent? Is Second Wind strong enough with potions as support or would a Rallying Cry + Enraged Regeneration be a more viable option for harder content? Im just one of those learn as much as possible kind of people yall, sorry for the questions. :P but i greatly appreciate the continued support. thankx.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
You can easily solo warbringers as prot.

paladins might edge out for trying say, icecrown onward or something (Even then, you would be better off with a monk or DK), but for 5 mans and rares and what not, second wind is basically god mode
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/26/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Unclebubba
Is Second Wind strong enough with potions as support or would a Rallying Cry + Enraged Regeneration be a more viable option for harder content?

Second Wind, definitely.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
AoE Pally > warrior

eh i disagree on this one. warriors have some interesting choices for aoe. I find it actually easier to aoe on my warrior vs paladin at lower vengeance levels (which you'll be at for soloing). it may be different situation in 25 man raids do to vengeance scaling. This however, isn't a discussion about that situation. In a solo situation, I find warrior aoe so much more effective, especially when we can frontload some serious aoe burst with bloodbath and recklessness and bladestorm or shockwave.

Warrior healing solo is also pretty good with second wind hands down especially with a lot of stamina. it scales really well. I also find that 2pc Throne of Thunder tier with glyph of victory rush is insane. 30% of total health procs from bonus fairly often. Those procs made me laugh at warbringer soloing ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]